Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: San Antonio Spurs: For Old Time Sake | 2k13 Association

POTG: Tony Parker

Recap:
    It was a quiet, low scoring night in San Antonio as the Spurs beat the visiting Denver Nuggets 82-71 to take a 1-0 series lead.

San Antonio won thanks to crushing defense in a slow paced game. They limited Denver to just 41% from the field. Danilo Gallinari had a near empty 6 point and 3 rebound game on 1-15 shooting from the field (1-7 from three). His poor play and high usage helped the Spurs substantially.

The Spurs were led by Tony Parker. He scored 15 points and dished 5 assists on 70% shooting.

Denver's brightest spot was their rebounding. They outrebounded the Spurs by just one board, but had 11 offensive rebounds to the Spurs one. Even with the addition of Greg Monroe the Spurs have still struggled to rebound the ball well, and the Nuggets will need to go at this for the remainder of the series.

Game 2 is set for May 5, 2013 in San Antonio, when the Nuggets will hope to hasten the pace and break the Spurs defense.

The San Antonio Spurs have replaced DeJuan Blair with Troy Murphy in their active line-up for game two of their series against the Denver Nuggets.

POTG - Tony Parker

Recap:
    The San Antonio Spurs defeated the Denver Nuggets 94-84 to take an important 2-0 lead in the series headed into Denver's 2 game home stand.

The Spurs balanced offensive attack combined with their neutralizing defense left the Nuggets with no answer.

"We haven't been relying on just one guy so far in this series and its really making them [Denver] panic. I feel like if someone on our team is struggling someone is right there ready to sub in and pick up the slack," Gregg Popovich commented.

Andre Iguodala led all scorers with 20 and also grabbed 5 rebounds. As an individual he had the best game however the Spurs proved it's not just about one guy. With nobody else on Denver able to really get it going offensively the Nuggets saw stretches of the game where they were down 20 or more points.

Stephen Jackson led the Spurs bench to outscore the Nuggets 45-24. He had a team-high 14 points on 5-8 shooting.

"I gotta be a spark right off the bench every night and tonight it clicked. My three ball hasn't been great this season so hitting the two I put up was a confidence boost, no doubt," Jackson said post-game.

Heading back home, the Nuggets have a lot of questions to answer. They'll need more from players like Danilo Gallinari and Ty Lawson, and defensively look to shut down a team rather than one or two players, not an easy task by any means.

Probably going to reduce the minutes of Manu and Kawhi next game. Increase those of Jerebko and maybe put in Maurice Evans for Troy Murphy or just put Blair back...Need to give Evans a go this series. Wanted to put in Corey Joseph for Nando but Nando has played well.

Also, Lakers are up 2-0 against the Thunder headed into the 2 games in staples center. Both other series are 2-0 for the home team (miami and chicago). rip hamilton scored 27pts in game 2.

lakers better win, got $5 on the line!

POTG: Ty Lawson

Recap:
    The San Antonio Spurs were defeated for the first time during this years playoffs, losing to the Denver Nuggets 87-82. The series is now 2-1 in favor of the Spurs.

San Antonio saw good individual performance from Tony Parker and Greg Monroe, who combined for 43 points. However the rest of the team didn't contribute as expected, allowing the Nuggets improved offensive game to capitalize.

Ty Lawson had a strong game for the Nuggets, scoring 22 points, getting 4 rebounds and 3 assists, all while only missing 1 shot all game long.

"This game was crucial to us. Going down 0-3 would have been a tough climb. I really felt the need to step up tonight," Lawson said.

All of the Nuggets 12 players scored at least once, answering back to the Spurs deep performances in games one and two.

San Antonio saw Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili have another quiet night. This isn't the first time in the series they haven't performed like they did in the past, however it is the first time it hurt them enough to win.

"Those guys [Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili] are obviously very important to us. They quieted them down and forced other players to step up offensively. That didn't happen as I'd hope and we need to adjust for game 4," Popovich said post-game.

The Spurs were outscored 28-19 in the first quarter. They will look to bounce back in game four.

Updated bracket. Sorry for the fact it kinda ruins the page. The Thunder will look to do the near impossible coming back from being down 0-3 to the Lakers.

DeJuan Blair and Maurice Evans will replace Nando De Colo and Troy Murphy in the Spurs lineup for game 4.

I'm getting lazier and lazier...don't feel like doing another box score today Just finished playing game 4, will post results and recap and what not

Spurs Three Stars:
    Tony Parker - 23 pts, 7 ast, 3stl, 9-12fg, 2-4 3pt in 22mins
    Greg Monroe - 23 pts, 4 ast, 7 reb, 10-12fg in 22mins
    Eric Bledsoe - 17pts, 3ast, 1reb, 6-10fg, 5-5 FT in 14mins

Nuggets Three Stars:
    Andre Iguodala - 15 pts, 7 reb, 1stl, 6-13fg in 27mins
    Wilson Chandler - 12 pts, 2 reb, 1blk, 5-9fg in 14 mins
    Kenneth Faried - 9 pts, 7 reb, 2 ast, 4-6fg in 25 mins

Recap:
    The San Antonio Spurs brought the series to 3-1 in their favor as they defeated the Denver Nuggets 101-74. The Nuggets will be on the tightrope in San Antonio in just 2 days.

Just like last game for the Spurs, Tony Parker and Greg Monroe shone, combining for 46 points, 10 rebounds, 11 assists, and 3 steals on an unbelievable 79% shooting from the field. However unlike last game, they weren't alone. Eric Bledsoe added 17 points and Jonas Jerebko and Tim Duncan added 7 each.

"It's a team game, and you can't forget that, especially in the playoffs. They're on the edge now and headed home we're prepared to take the win and the series." Parker said post-game

San Antonio also played great defense, holding Danilo Gallinari to 0-7 shooting from the field in the first half, then leaving him with just 13 points. Ty Lawson was also nothing like game three, as he struggled with fouls all game and fouled out mid-fourth quarter. He finished with only 6 points and 6 assists going 3-14 from the field.

The Spurs demolished the Nuggets offensively, shooting over 20% better from the field and outscoring the Nuggets on the break 20-2 and in the paint 68-36.

"Denver is a monstrous offensive force and we know that in this series we have to either stop that or match that. Tonight we did both." Tim Duncan said in the post-game press conference.

The potentially series-deciding game 5 will be in San Antonio on May 11.

Thunder take game 5, Lakers now lead series 3-2. - Westbrook drops 40!
    Bulls take game 5, now lead series 3-2 over Knicks. - Rose gets 23/9/6! Melo held to just 4/5 on 2-8 shooting in 10 mins, is suffering from shin splints
    Last edited by Maniak; 04-29-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Danny Green has replaced Manu Ginobili in the San Antonio Spurs starting 5 for game 5 against the Denver Nuggets.

Spurs Three Stars:
    Tony Parker - 28 pts, 8ast, 3reb, 3stl, 6to, 11-16fg in 31 mins
    Manu Ginobili - 16 pts, 4ast, 2reb, 6-11fg in 19 mins
    Danny Green - 15pts, 2reb, 1stl, 6-12fg in 18 mins

Nuggets Three Stars:
    JaVale McGee - 25pts, 12reb, 2blk, 12-15fg in 32mins
    Ty Lawson - 20pts, 8ast, 4reb, 2stl, 8to, 8-22fg in 35 mins
    Danilo Gallinari - 17pts, 6reb, 3ast, 7-11fg in 31 mins

Recap:
    Despite their best efforts, the Denver Nuggets were eliminated by the San Antonio Spurs from the 2013 playoffs after a 110-107 overtime loss in San Antonio.

The Nuggets had a very solid first half. They outscored the Spurs 53-37 in the first half, however the Spurs came back in the second half due to a 28-17 advantage in the third quarter.

Tony Parker led the Spurs with 28 points and 8 assists.

"Our first half was dreadful and I held myself accountable. I really had to bring it back in the second half and our team was able to score inside and out like we couldn't in the first half," Parker said post-game.

JaVale McGee had one of his best games of his career. He didn't miss a shot in the first half and ended with 25 points and 12 boards.

"I felt a lot of pressure to work harder in the paint after some of these past games. I felt like I underachieved in this series and I still feel that way seeing as we're out of the playoffs," McGee spoke in the press conference.

The Spurs overtime was led by Manu Ginobili [I can't actually give you what happened here because the GameTrack is so broken in this stupid game] who scored a majority of the teams points, despite being placed on the bench to start things off and seeing reduced minutes.

"As a team player I wanted to win this game for the team but as an individual I wanted to win and perform well because I felt pressured to bring more after being assigned to the bench. My performance recently has not been where I'd expect it to be so hopefully coming off of the bench will help." Ginobili commented.

The Nuggets can be proud they dominated a majority of the game, and the paint (outscoring the Spurs down low 70-58), however they still were unable to stop what San Antonio threw at them. They'll look on and watch the playoffs as the Spurs will either face the Thunder or the Lakers.

So I'll simulate the rest of the round tonight and potentially post a recap and conference finals preview but we'll have to see.

the results are pretty ridiculous if you ask me