Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Just 1 Rational Fan lbj23clutch's Avatar

Default Re: Who is the best scorer in the league?

Why do people keep insisting that most of LeBron's points come from easy layups and dunks and he still has no jumper? Yes this was true a couple years ago when he was still in his athletic prime, but since 09' his jumper has consistently gotten better and he has developed a very solid midrange game. Here are his percentages from midrange compared to Kobe's so far this season, according to NBA.com StatsCube

LeBron from midrange: 58-131=44%
    Also 45.3% of LeBron's shots come from midrange.

Kobe from midrange: 98-211= 46%
    Also 47.3% of Kobe's shots come from midrange.

So in conclusion, Kobe only shoots 2% better than LeBron from midrange and also only uses the midrange game 2% more than LeBron when it come to shot distribution. I still think Kobe is the best scorer in the game today simply because of his unmatched offensive arsenal and his consistency in scoring, but I don't think LeBron is far off when it comes to scoring. Here are my top 3 scorers:

1.Kobe
    2.LeBron
    3.Durant
    Last edited by lbj23clutch; 01-23-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Just 1 Rational Fan lbj23clutch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    1. durant
    2. kobe
    3. LBJ
    4. dirk
    5. monta

Dirk has been horrendous this season.

College star

It's easily Bron. Durant comes in second. Kobe is scoring at the expense of his team right now. He hasn't taken fewer than 21 shots this month, and Lakers are only 7-6. Yes, Pau is passive, but Kobe does nothing on the court to help him out of that slump. Bynum is supposed the 2nd best center in the league, yet can 't get more than 16 shots in one game and is averaging 12 per game?
    All these things tell me that Kobe is forcing the issue and playing for his scoring average more than is team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    Mate he was the best scorer in the clutch for four year before joining miami and for three straight years.After he joined miami his output declined due to having two teammates capable of scoring down the stretch.Every time you bring up an argument i will refute it because you simply dont understand the logic lying behind debate.Sorry but you ship is sinking
    Thanks for bringing up something 2-3 years ago. Can I bring something up involving Kobe 2-3 years ago? How about 4-5 years ago while we're at it? LOL, so his clutch output has declined due to having two teammates that can do something? Shouldn't that make his life easier and shouldn't his output increase? Yeah, you have nothing.

Lebron is not the best scorer in the league because he is not clutch. The same reason why Karl Malone was never the best scorer in the league in the 90s.

Sorry, but your ship is sinking.

What cant he do right now please be reasonable he can shoot the three face up post up dribble penetration shoot the mid-j layup dunk, drop step,hook,fadeaway,bank shot.Tell me one of these he cant do i will show you a video actually multiple videos

Quote Originally Posted by lbj23clutch
    Why do people keep insisting that most of LeBron's points come from easy layups and dunks and he still has no jumper? Yes this was true a couple years ago when he was still in his athletic prime, but since 09' his jumper has consistently gotten better and he has developed a very solid midrange game. Here are his percentages from midrange compared to Kobe's so far this season, according to NBA.com StatsCube

LeBron from midrange: 58-131=44%
    Also 45.3% of LeBron's shots come from midrange.

Kobe from midrange: 98-211= 46%
    Also 47.3% of Kobe's shots come from midrange.

So in conclusion, Kobe only shoots 2% better than LeBron from midrange and also only uses the midrange game 2% more than LeBron when it come to shot distribution. I still think Kobe is the best scorer in the game today simply because of his unmatched offensive arsenal and his consistency in scoring, but I don't think LeBron is far off when it comes to scoring. Here are my top 3 scorers:

1.Kobe
    2.LeBron
    3.Durant
    Kobe takes 17.9 shots per game from 10+ feet, and 13.8 shots per game from 16+ feet.
    Lebron takes 10.0 shots per game from 10+ feet, and 8.7 shots per game from 16+ feet

according to http://www.hoopdata.com/shotstats.aspx

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Thanks for bringing up something 2-3 years ago. Can I bring something up involving Kobe 2-3 years ago? How about 4-5 years ago while we're at it? LOL, so his clutch output has declined due to having two teammates that can do something? Shouldn't that make his life easier and shouldn't his output increase? Yeah, you have nothing.

Lebron is not the best scorer in the league because he is not clutch. The same reason why Karl Malone was never the best scorer in the league in the 90s.

Sorry, but your ship is sinking.

Stop hating on lebron, you act as if he is the worst basketball player ever, when he is CLEARLY top 5 in the league

Wouldn't you agree?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blood yes
    Stop hating on lebron, you act as if he is the worst basketball player ever, when he is CLEARLY top 5 in the league

Wouldn't you agree?
    Where did I say he is the worst basketball player ever? I just don't think he is the best scorer in the league. You Lebron fans are way too sensitive really, not even your hero Lebron is that sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Where did I say he is the worst basketball player ever? I just don't think he is the best scorer in the league. You Lebron fans are way too sensitive really, not even your hero Lebron is that sensitive.
    Now hold on now... the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    Now hold on now... the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

The way you used that in the context of the sentence, isn't even close to being right....

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    The way you used that in the context of the sentence, isn't even close to being right....
    Hey, he's a Kobe fan!

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!"

Very good NBA starter

Clown.

Very good NBA starter

Probably the guy who effortlessly dropped 40+ points/60%+ TS for four straight games after his coach asked him to pick it up.

this season its easily lebron. 56% from the field, ****ing crazy.
    kobe is #2 than its Durantula.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    First of all how old are you.Secondly this year only lebron scored multiple times 20+ in one quarter.He is the only that scored multiple times 20points in one quarter.Lebron after reaching 30 point mark starts dishing.This year he can post up face up shoot threes in bunches dunk on you every layup you can imagine he has in his arsenal.I dont know what more he has to do be regarded as best scorer.He is scoring 30ppg on %56.5.This is a perimeter player we are talking about.No one in history even MJ came close to what lebron is doing.BTW his heat checks are some of the most ridiculous heat checks you could see.Last year he was again the top scorer in nba 51 points against magic.Just watch that match you will understand what i mean.Right now kobe doesnt have neither the speed nor the quickness lebron has.Skilled scorer doesnt mean the best scorer.If you cant understand this simple difference between skill and being best,you simply dont know anything about basketball.Kobe is of course more skilled scorer of two,however lebron is definitely %100 better scorer among the two.

Did you understand my young friend
    understood