Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Question Has anyone fasted for over 24 hours?

I just fasted for 24 hours a few days ago and it went pretty well for my first time. I'm fasting today again for 24 hours and I have found it to be a little bit of a struggle. I have 9 hours to go. But I have seen people fast several days and up to a week. Like a full fast. No food, just water for 7 straight days. Has anyone does this? Supposedly the health benefits are phenomenal, but that's 168 hours without food. Yikes.

Default Re: Has anyone fasted for over 24 hours?

Fasted everyday for Ramadan so I can do 24 hours easy

No food, just water for 7 straight days sounds ****ing brutal and doesn't sound beneficial at all.

Found this video on the benefits of a 5-Day no-food fast

I suppose you would have to be in a situation where you weren't surrounded by food or kept yourself busy where before you know it, 5 days have passed. Sleeping as much as possible too to pass the time.

The Truth Is Out There Media Moderator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMeatballs View Post
    Fasted everyday for Ramadan so I can do 24 hours easy.
    You're a muzzie too? I was wondering why you were so pro Hamas

Decent playground baller

Fasting is natural to us. Our bodies were not meant to eat 3 full meals every day at exact times plus snacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Found this video on the benefits of a 5-Day no-food fast

I suppose you would have to be in a situation where you weren't surrounded by food or kept yourself busy where before you know it, 5 days have passed. Sleeping as much as possible too to pass the time.
    But the real question is, is it worth the mental sacrifice? Those 5 days of not eating would be excruciating. I get how privileged we are to even be able to eat everyday cause people starve for days in other countries, but regardless, idk if I’ll even be able to make it past the 30 hour mark before feeling like absolute shit

Decent playground baller

In a study done on longevity, I have read that the best way to fast is not to go days at a time. But to go 12 hours a day, every day. Which mostly means to either never eat before bed, or never eat breakfast, which ever feels right to you. There is a link to longer life and individuals with that type of eating habit.

I'm on a recent health kick due to a recent health scare that I thought I had. It turns out it was nothing (all in my head/hypochondriac brain), but at the same token, it has left me a bit traumatized, so I've been researching all sorts of ways to boost your immune system and fix your cells naturally and came across the benefits of fasting. I have read that a 24 hour fast once or twice a week is all you need.

I even started drinking green tea and I guess I went overboard yesterday cause I was peeing every 10 minutes.

I'm on a recent health kick due to a recent health scare that I thought I had. It turns out it was nothing (all in my head/hypochondriac brain), but at the same token, it has left me a bit traumatized, so I've been researching all sorts of ways to boost your immune system and fix your cells naturally and came across the benefits of fasting. I have read that a 24 hour fast once or twice a week is all you need.

I even started drinking green tea and I guess I went overboard yesterday cause I was peeing every 10 minutes.
    Most of it comes to down eating a balanced diet, regularly exercising (30 min is plenty), hydrating, and sleeping properly. You can improve your immune system by focusing on your gut health and there are tons of foods that can improve it like yogurt, sauerkraut, kimchi, etc. Basically mostly probiotic, high fiber foods.

The Truth Is Out There Media Moderator's Avatar

Smile Re: Has anyone fasted for over 24 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gates View Post
    Fasting is natural to us. Our bodies were not meant to eat 3 full meals every day at exact times plus snacks.
    Who says? Our bodies have changed significantly over the last 2-10000 years.

We used to be tall with big brains. From 10000 years ago up until recently Asians and Europeans got shorter and had smaller brains. We only started recently in last 100-150 years getting taller with bigger brains because of more meat consumption except for Africans, they are getting smaller. We definitely weren't meant to eat processed plants made to imitate meat that's for sure. Hell if we did what came "natural" to us, no fertile female would be safe to walk the streets.

The fact that our lifespan has increased dramatically since humans began eating 3 meals a day probably means it's now natural for modern humans

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Media Moderator View Post

We used to be tall with big brains. From 10000 years ago up until recently Asians and Europeans got shorter and had smaller brains. We only started recently in last 100-150 years getting taller with bigger brains because of more meat consumption except for Africans, they are getting smaller. We definitely weren't meant to eat processed plants made to imitate meat that's for sure. Hell if we did what came "natural" to us, no fertile female would be safe to walk the streets.

The fact that our lifespan has increased dramatically since humans began eating 3 meals a day probably means it's now natural for modern humans
    Fair enough. Almost nothing we do is truly "natural" so yeah. Driving in a car and wearing a suit isn't "natural", that doesn't mean it's harmful.

However the fact that fasting has shown itself to be healthy suggests that it is what our bodies are more suited for IMO.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Media Moderator View Post

well there’s obviously more factors in life span increase. mainly medicine. if you got appendicitis back then you were done for. now it’s a fairly simple procedure.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

I just fasted for 24 hours a few days ago and it went pretty well for my first time. I'm fasting today again for 24 hours and I have found it to be a little bit of a struggle. I have 9 hours to go. But I have seen people fast several days and up to a week. Like a full fast. No food, just water for 7 straight days. Has anyone does this? Supposedly the health benefits are phenomenal, but that's 168 hours without food. Yikes.
    Poopsie's idea of fasting is only eating two Whoppers for breakfast.

Cali Love

Your fat ass won't last a day

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Patsy - longest I fasted was 48 hours.

but if you do it , do it once a week for 24 hours.
    (I never ate food or water)

Your shit will get rid of all the toxin's in your body.

Don't binge eat before or after.
    Weekly you will find a hunger pain about 4-8 hours in and then you are fine.
    I always started like 9 at night to the next night , so I could drink , and have a little food before the next night.