Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Decent playground baller ScarSymmetry's Avatar

Default Re: Mark Jackson says God is most responsible for the Warriors Playoff spot

Quote Originally Posted by Mrofir
    if God exists and he wastes his time influencing the outcome of sporting events, we are all seriously doomed.

Default Re: Mark Jackson says God is most responsible for the Warriors Playoff spot

Some of the posts in this thread are just pathetic - making fun of a man just because of his religious beliefs. In case you've forgotten your civics lessons, he has the freedom of religion in this country and can say whatever he wants about his God.

As a Christian - Mark Jackson knows what his sins are and has repented. He is fully aware of how God has blessed him and if his beliefs help him/his players through rough times, more power to him/his players.

Good High School Starter AussieG's Avatar

I guess it'll be God's fault when they are swept in the playoffs. Nothing to do with how they play or who the opponent is.

Good High School Starter AussieG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Some of the posts in this thread are just pathetic - making fun of a man just because of his religious beliefs. In case you've forgotten your civics lessons, he has the freedom of religion in this country and can say whatever he wants about his God.

As a Christian - Mark Jackson knows what his sins are and has repented. He is fully aware of how God has blessed him and if his beliefs help him/his players through rough times, more power to him/his players.
    Everyone on this forum is made fun of.. superstars.. scrubs.. coaches.. posters.. why should God be the exception?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    You poor bastard
    Ohh there's one poor bastard in here and it ain't me bud. Perhaps you were spoon fed rubbish by your parents or forced to listen to pedos as a kid but you might wanna actually look into the crap christians believe.

Santa; Being that transends time and space. If you're good you'll get great presents and be a happy little fella, if you're bad you get a lump of coal and will be sad

God; Being that transends time and space. If you're good you'll go to heaven and be a happy little fella, if you're bad you'll go to hell and will be sad

Shockingly similiar at the roots of it all ain't it?

This "god" you believe in is a control mechanism used to herd the sheep into conformity. Exactly the same as Santa is used to make children conform. Wake up dude.

Let's go deeper and look at some of the players shall we?

The mother Mary, "immaculate conception"... really? Really? Remeber YOU being christian believe this. What would you say to your wife if she came to you and said she was pregnant but hadn't slept with anyone? Would you believe that shit?
    Truth time, women was a filthy whore that slept around got pregnant and lied about it. Joseph the dumb motherf**ker believe it! Dude must have been retarded.

Moses, the 600 year old drunk that saved the world from destruction all by himself, yeah, 600 years old..... enough said.

Jesus, dude was brilliant I'll admit, revelutionary, well ahead of his time but not because of why you think.
    BEST MAGICIAN EVER! Mofo was pulling optical illusions with perfection well before anyone else. Look up all the "miracles" on youtube, funny how they're all now stock standard magician fair isn't it?

Adam and Eve..... Do you even know what would be the end result of hundreds of thousands of years of inbreeding?

I have no problem with people being spiritual, believing there's something else out there. Hell i believe without a shadow of a doubt there are other civilized planets out there.

But this organised religion rubbish? Open your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrofir
    if God exists and he wastes his time influencing the outcome of sporting events, we are all seriously doomed.

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Open up your eyes people. There is a reason why billions of people believe in the Christian God. There is a reason why people know God exists, yet moved on from Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, and Easter Bunny. You can say it's 2013 and act like society has moved forward. But religion will never go away. There is a reason why people really think this. It's because they actually know Christ. They feel something you don't. And it's something that is beyond us. But the bottom line is that if you are all wrong, you do go to hell for not repenting. Mise well at least repent once so you know you can't go wrong. At least that's what I did.

What about the majority that don't (non-Christians, Atheists, etc)? Fact is that there are over 2,000 documented "Gods" throughout history. You're 99% atheist yourself, but what you don't realize is that the God you choose to believe in, is actually a combination of various mythological "Gods" that preceded him (same with the story of Jesus). Nothing about him is original, and I'd be willing to bet that you've never actually read the bible yourself. I'll just assume that you'll claim otherwise (even though we both know you haven't), so let me ask you this: Do you believe that the bible is the infallible word of God? And if so, how do you come to terms with the countless contradictions, inconsistencies, and flat out bizarre non-sense scattered throughout? Also, I'd love to hear what you think about the teachings of the Old Testament.

Nobody knows Christ. Religion is a crutch used to manipulate and control the masses. The idea of a god stems from the need to form a coherent world-view out of the compartmentalization of the knowledge you possess (albeit, limited in your case). There's a reason why over 90% of Scientists are non-theists, and it's not because their eyes are closed, lol.

Can someone pull the statsheet from this god guy? Why haven't i heard of him before?

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenbeat
    What about the majority that don't (non-Christians, Atheists, etc)? Fact is that there are over 2,000 documented "Gods" throughout history. You're 99% atheist yourself, but what you don't realize is that the God you choose to believe in, is actually a combination of various mythological "Gods" that preceded him (same with the story of Jesus). Nothing about him is original, and I'd be willing to bet that you've never actually read the bible yourself. I'll just assume that you'll claim otherwise (even though we both know you haven't), so let me ask you this: Do you believe that the bible is the infallible word of God? And if so, how do you come to terms with the countless contradictions, inconsistencies, and flat out bizarre non-sense scattered throughout? Also, I'd love to hear what you think about the teachings of the Old Testament.

Nobody knows Christ. Religion is a crutch used to manipulate and control the masses. The idea of a god stems from the need to form a coherent world-view out of the compartmentalization of the knowledge you possess (albeit, limited in your case). There's a reason why over 90% of Scientists are non-theists, and it's not because their eyes are closed, lol.
    I dare say it's because these scientists can't prove the existence of God - just as they can't prove that he doesn't exist either (and that's what science is all about - proving things). Look around you - see the perfect balance of nature, the marvel that is the human body. IMO, odds that a creator made all that is greater than nature/human body just came together BY CHANCE (or a big bang THEORY or whatever they call it these days).

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    so would that mean he'd start blaming God if they lost in the playoffs?
    Mark Jackson is well aware that GSW will not win the championship. It's a young team that will only be helped by ANY playoff experience. The thanks are for getting through all the ups and downs/rough times that they went through to make the playoffs.
    Last edited by rmt; 04-10-2013 at 09:13 AM.

So he's religious... so what?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease luckylucy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    So he's religious... so what?
    I am religious but I don't like the idea of a God helping teams win games. We have enough with Stern there.

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    I dare say it's because these scientists can't prove the existence of God - just as they can't prove that he doesn't exist either (and that's what science is all about - proving things). Look around you - see the perfect balance of nature, the marvel that is the human body. IMO, odds that a creator made all that is greater than nature/human body just came together BY CHANCE (or a big bang THEORY or whatever they call it these days).
    The burden of proof is on those making the claim, not the scientists that laugh at the absurdity of it. Besides, you don't have to know the right answer, to know that something is wrong. I don't know what 154,254 x 945,645 equals without a calculator, but I know the answer isn't 5, lol.

You're welcomed to your own opinion as long as you know that it differs from the experts in the field though. That said, you're making a case for a creator, not the God of the Abrahamic religions. It's easy to say "look around" when you can't back up the ridiculous claims made in the Bible/Torah/Qur'an.

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Everything u said was hypocritical. You know there are civilizations out there without a shadow of a doubt? You have faith in that eh? Where is your proof, if you are to debunk Christianity? Where is your hard evidence? And logic doesn't count without proof. Plus you just said you have no problem with people being spiritual, yet you just crapped on Christians who are fully engaged in their spirituality.

As far as Santa. Santa is not the same as God. And we know that our parents were in fact Santa because we saw them put the presents out. So that is proof. Also, Santa did not create the whole universe. Having this whole universe here is infinitely more profound and demonstrably more extraordinary than some fat guy who delivers presents on a slay. That's infinitely more impressive than a tooth fairy who puts out one dollar. Totally different ball field.

Another thing. If this universe can come from ''nothing'' so can God. Because then ''nothing'' is required to make everything. Obviously if nothing was what existed then that nothing had something in it, call it potential energy, call it quantum physics, or just call it chance.

Another thing too that baffles me is that you don't believe in God but you believe that Jesus exists. There is no more historical proof that Jesus existed than there is that God existed. You can look into that. So the fact that you believe Jesus existed means that you fear that God really is real. You can believe in aliens and Jesus, yet it's crazy to believe in God? God is a sense. You sense God.
    LOL
    Right, firstly there is plently of historical evidence of Yeshua ben Yusef, look that up, bet you never even heard it before..
    Next, the whole first paragraph doesn't actually say anything other than the last line, might want to try and gather your thoughts. Christians wouldn't know spirituality if it walked up and punched them in the face. They blindly follow a church that just makes it's own stories up to suit their needs and backtracks when they're called out on bullshit.
    God is everywhere right? So...... what is the church needed for exactly? Ohh so these conartists you call leaders can flease people of money with the fear of God? Sorry, shouldn't have let that one out of the bag... oops
    But I guess someone has to pay for all that gold around there necks right? Vanity? Pshh!

One fairytale is ok cause it's a big one but the other near identical one isn't cause it's on a smaller scale right? You hated The Hobbit didn't you, admit it.

Next up, you have a terrible understanding of the big bang theory, there was not nothing beforehand. And no I won't explain it to you cause you little brain wouldn't get it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    LOL
    Right, firstly there is plently of historical evidence of Yeshua ben Yusef, look that up, bet you never even heard it before.
    There are NO contemporaneous accounts of jesus' life, as portrayed by the bible. None. Not one.

There were plenty of prophets and teachers in those days, and the activities of the major ones are chronicled in a detailed way by scribes.

Not a single mention of jesus. No loaves and fishes, no water to wine miracles, no walking on water, no raising the dead. Nothing. The only written material about him originated long after his supposed death.

The bottom line for this entire thread: sports figures need to stop connecting any of their activities with god. Immediately. Doing it just makes them look ridiculous.

Divine entities have absolutely nothing to do with success or failure on the playing field.
    Last edited by Shepseskaf; 04-10-2013 at 10:26 AM.

I've seen god ball before, dudes got game.