Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Column: Knicks should TRADE Melo or Amar'e, and get CP3 or D-Will, AND Dwight Howard!

Read this:

http://www.insidehoops.com/sports-at...e-120211.shtml

A sports attorney suggests a plan of action for the Knicks in free agency that involves trading Carmelo Anthony or Amar'e Stoudemire.

Absolutely worth reading! Very interesting stuff.

What do you think of any/all aspects of this?

Default Re: Sports attorney offers a Knicks plan that includes trading Melo or Amar'e!

It would just be easier to trade Amar'e to Orlando for Dwight (if ORL is willing to do that and that's the best player they could probably get) or if both Dwight and one of Paul/ Williams make it to free agency, you could amnesty Amar'e and sign Dwight and either Paul/Williams. A lot less variables which makes it more likely.

Default Re: Sports attorney offers a Knicks plan that includes trading Melo or Amar'e!

That sport attorney is working under the assumption that CP-Melo-Amare will be worse than Wade-Lebron-Bosh. Looking at individual talents, it is obvious. But from a team perspective, it's unclear who will be worse.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Kinda cutthroat, no?

I think the odd man out would be Amar'e, since he has the injury history and might clog up the post with Howard.

I think Dwight Howard and Amar'e Stoudemire would be better together than Dwight Howard and Carmelo Anthony

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    I think Dwight Howard and Amar'e Stoudemire would be better together than Dwight Howard and Carmelo Anthony
    I'd rather have Melo's iso ability and clutchness.

Plus Melo and Paul are best friends.

Default Re: Column: Knicks should TRADE Melo or Amar'e, and get CP3 or D-Will, AND Dwight Howard!

hell no on trading melo.

hell yes on trading amare.

amare+ billups to celtics for rondo +garnett. get er done

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Kinda cutthroat, no?

I think the odd man out would be Amar'e, since he has the injury history and might clog up the post with Howard.
    That would be seriously cutthroat. Amare wanted to come here to be the guy who turned the Knicks around, and he really asserted himself last offseason with a mainly young, unproven roster around him. He is a high character guy and a team leader.

I didnt want him for that huge contract, but I've come to like the addition of him on this team. We would have never gotten Melo without Amare recruiting him here.

Man that would be a tough decision to let him go.

Default Re: Column: Knicks should TRADE Melo or Amar'e, and get CP3 or D-Will, AND Dwight Howard!

At first I saw this thread and was like "No way".

Then I started thinking about the possibility of CP3-Melo-Dwight.

That trio is better & younger than Miami's Big 3 and would be possible.

which would be the optimal combo?

CP3-Melo-Amar'e
    CP3-Melo-Howard
    CP3-Amar'e-Howard
    Williams-Melo-Amar'e
    Williams-Melo-Howard
    Williams-Amar'e-Howard

Very good NBA starter

Too many trades need to happen for it to work realistically. And even after that it would still require both CP3 and Dwight Howard to take pay cuts. Not to mention it will piss off any agents and screw with potential clients.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Amar'e straight up for Dwight Howard would work. Orlando gets back an All-Star big.

The Knicks with Melo, Dwight and CP3 or Deron Williams would be scary.

I would like to see Deron Williams because I'm a bigger fan of his but CP3 would work out too. But man... Howard, Williams and Melo would be insane.

That would be kind of lame to trade Amar'e or Melo though. Amar'e signed with New York and really wanted to play with them and Melo demanded that if he was traded it would be to the Knicks.
    Last edited by ConanRulesNBC; 12-03-2011 at 12:33 AM.

i wonder if a 3-way would allow NYK to get both? not that i want that to happen but something like

Knicks get: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard
    Hornets get: Chauncey Billups, Landry Fields
    Magic get: Amar'e Stoudamire

or

Knicks get: Deron Williams, Dwight Howard
    Nets get: Chauncey Billups, Landry Fields
    Magic get: Carmelo Anthony

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad
    i wonder if a 3-way would allow NYK to get both? not that i want that to happen but something like

Knicks get: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard
    Hornets get: Chauncey Billups, Landry Fields
    Magic get: Amar'e Stoudamire

or

Knicks get: Deron Williams, Dwight Howard
    Nets get: Chauncey Billups, Landry Fields
    Magic get: Carmelo Anthony
    Man, the Nets get screwed so much. They basically gave up their whole team for Deron Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    Man, the Nets get screwed so much. They basically gave up their whole team for Deron Williams.
    yeah, it would suck for the nets but i'd be worried about the 2012 FA if i were them