Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Little Message to Kobe Fans

He looks like a hyper athletic rudy gay. If he improves enough he could be an athletic carmelo.

Im talking about offense only. Dominique Wilkins? I dont see the fluidity necessary. He will never be Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    He will never be Kobe.
    I won't say he will be Kobe, but I never understood this type of statement. The "He'll never be..." as if somehow you know the future. How can you judge how good someone is going to be 5-10 years in the future from 2 weeks of NBA games?

If he improves enough he could be an athletic carmelo.
    He's considerably weaker than Melo, and he looks like he'll become a very good defensive player as well. He's more 2/3 while Melo is a 3/4 (obviously mostly 3).

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    And Kobe was drafted 13th so if you think of it as Wiggins is a made basket, and Kobe is a missed FGA, then basically together theyre 1-14.....
    man you guys are hilarious. no honestly, i know you been getting love on ish all day, but do you honestly think a poster actually even cracked a smile at your lame asss fcking jokes? worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    man you guys are hilarious. no honestly, i know you been getting love on ish all day, but do you honestly think a poster actually even cracked a smile at your lame asss fcking jokes? worthy?
    Ignore him. I know you're a Kobe fan so how do you think Wiggins compares with respect to 18/19 year old Kobe in terms of playstyle?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Ignore him. I know you're a Kobe fan so how do you think Wiggins compares with respect to 18/19 year old Kobe in terms of playstyle?
    got nba league pass and haven't watched a wiggins game yet. i do dfs and the entire team is fade worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    got nba league pass and haven't watched a wiggins game yet. i do dfs and the entire team is fade worthy.
    dfs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    I won't say he will be Kobe, but I never understood this type of statement. The "He'll never be..." as if somehow you know the future. How can you judge how good someone is going to be 5-10 years in the future from 2 weeks of NBA games?
    You can tell. There are certain things you cannot teach even though you can improve upon. He will never have Kobe's footwork or fluidity.(Or handles) Which is why Dwight will never be Hakeem even if he trains with him for the rest of his life. He wont be lebron because he doesnt have the dribbling/driving which is actually what makes Lebron unique as it is added to his large frame.

That is why I compared him to Rudy Gay. And not as an insult, but he plays just like him. Lots of moves that result in jumpers. Never much of a driver/finisher. Not very fluid.

That is also why I said if he gets real good he can be carmelo offensively. When it comes to moves that result in jumpers he's the best in the game for that position/type.

Defensively is another story. The sky is the limit.
    Last edited by navy; 11-15-2014 at 07:54 PM.

You can tell. There are certain things you cannot teach even though you can improve upon. He will never have Kobe's footwork or fluidity.(Or handles) Which is why Dwight will never be Hakeem even if he trains with him for the rest of his life. He wont be lebron because he doesnt have the dribbling/driving which is actually what makes Lebron unique as it is added to his large frame.

That is why I compared him to Rudy Gay. And not as an insult, but he plays just like him. Lots of moves that result in jumpers. Never much of a driver/finisher. Not very fluid.

That is also why I said if he gets real good he can be carmelo offensively. When it comes to moves that result in jumpers he's the best in the game for that position/type.

Defensively is another story. The sky is the limit.
    Except footwork and fluidity is exactly what you get with experience. LeBron finishes very differently today than his early years, and most of that is based on how smooth he is when he gets to the basket. He was always great at it, but you can see a difference that's more than just less athleticism.

The skills that I imagine will be less likely to improve are the ball handling and finishing. If you had at least said that's why I'd see it, but saying because a 19 year old isn't fluid yet is why he won't be as good as someone else doesn't make sense.