Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-04-2007, 01:50 AM   #91
trig
Decent college freshman

Default Re: Why did Coach pick Mike Miller over Durant?

Every team needs role players and shooters. Miller fits both. The team had enough star players. And in Fiba basketball, you need strong players both physically and mentally. Im not saying durant is weak but at this point of their career, miller is stronger. Miller is just a better all around player right now(offense\defense) vs Durants athleticism and versatility on offense

Durant is young, he'll have plenty of chances to play for team USA. Guys like kobe, billups etc probably wont play in the next olympics. Durant will have his time to shine so relax
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:23 AM   #92
Legendofthe718
Danze Manatee

This is ridiculous am I the only one that does not buy this whole durant extravaganza. I mean he was an exceptional talent in college, but I just dont see him excelling profoundly in the league at least not for a couple years. I also believe that miller is not getting his due credit he is a pure shooter( and he is MUCH BETTER at shooting than durant is and does it against NBA talent )and minus last season has been real successful in leading the grizzlies into the playoffs the last few years. I believe he is as of right now a far better NBA player than durant, everybody hypes this guy and he hasnt played one nba game yet, summer league he was almost non-existent and was second leading scorer in scrimmages. Sorry not convinced and i'm not convinced the sonics will make the playoffs after discarding their offense and investing their future on a rookie who will need a couple seasons to bulk up and grow into the star that everyone thinks he is already.It's fine i'm probably the only one that feels this way but so be it, Durant's name just doesn't tickle my balls the way it does chopchop. I admire his athleticism and what he did in college was pretty remarkable but now I want to see how he does against men. So once again I say excellent choice by coach k to go with the veteran in mike miller I think he should get more minutes cause he isn't a total liability on d and he's shooting has been just good enough to push their leads and keep their offense going. He isn't necessarily an all-star but he's no sub-par player at all but yeah good choice made.Now im going to sleep. 1
Legendofthe718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:15 AM   #93
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Had you read the thread you'd have uncovered:

1) You're not even in the minority, nevermind the "only one."

2) All the points you made have already been covered more than once.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:27 AM   #94
poeticism707
Local High School Star

poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: