Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: NBA Ref bows down to Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    clearly hiding from giving any clear relation between number of field goals attempted and FTs.
    i though lebron fans were the box watchers and jordan fans were the purists who watch the games.
    Just so we're clear... you're saying that James Harden in 2015 (7 3s/gm, 18.2 FGA) earns a considerably higher frequency of free throws than Michael Jordan in say... 1987 (0.8 3s/gm, 27.8 FGA) because Jordan was getting preferential treatment from refs? Because Harden (39% of shot attempts from 3) is attacking the basket more than Jordan (0.2% of shot attempts from 3) did?

What exactly are you trying to convey to me besides your limited grasp of the maths?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Jordan FTr (Free throws/FG attempts): .358 career

Kobe FTr: .388 career

Durant FTr: .435 career

LeBron FTr: .429 career

Harden FTr: .547 career

So the answer is every big time scorer who came after him, especially those who played their whole career in the soft as butter modern NBA.
    This is always swept under the rug.

For a player that was supposedly coddled by the officials, his FTR was surprisingly low.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
    @ this thread turning into a serious discussion.
    When life gives you lemons... Maths.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Just so we're clear... you're saying that James Harden in 2015 (7 3s/gm, 18.2 FGA) earns a considerably higher frequency of free throws than Michael Jordan in say... 1987 (0.8 3s/gm, 27.8 FGA) because Jordan was getting preferential treatment from refs? Because Harden (39% of shot attempts from 3) is attacking the basket more than Jordan (0.2% of shot attempts from 3) did?

What exactly are you trying to convey to me besides your limited grasp of the maths?
    nicely done. directly comparing to harden who everyone agrees gets too much ref help.
    i am not OP. i called you out on your FTr BS which you still have not answered. lebron's way of scoring is a lot different from kobe's but by your logic refs should treat them equally and give them free throws based on field goals attempted.
    learn to answer a question like a regular human being and not a politician.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Thats one of those things you look for signs it was fake. Thats too awful to be real....but it is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    nicely done. directly comparing to harden who everyone agrees gets too much ref help.
    Which was my point.

All the major scorers who have come after Jordan have gotten a much higher frequency of free throws (AKA 'ref help') than Jordan did in his playing days. A guy like Harden takes almost 40% of his shots from 3 but lives at the FT line.

i am not OP. i called you out on your FTr BS which you still have not answered. lebron's way of scoring is a lot different from kobe's but by your logic refs should treat them equally and give them free throws based on field goals attempted.
    learn to answer a question like a regular human being and not a politician.
    I have no idea why you're so fixated on Kobe vs LeBron, I could give less than 2 shits about that. You'd expect Bron to get more FTs than Kobe given that he attacks the basket more, so what exactly are you arguing sir? That had nothing to do with my post. If you're looking for a Kobe vs Bron thread, take a DeLorean to 2009.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

That was awesome. His last game, no? Some players just have a bad rep with the refs tho. He ain't no A.I:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noakqqng3OQ

I've seen some with Tim Duncan got a little scrap with the refs. I would love to see more of Rasheed tho.