Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DreamRockets
    rated right where he should be, he hasn't done much without shaq, but again, has kobe ? no one calls kobe overrated.
    I think Darsh hit it right on the head when he said that Kobe is both underrated by his "homers" and underrated by his "haters".

as far as wade goes I think he can sometimes be overrated in the game of basketball for his phantom calls he seems to get night in and night out. but with that being said he is also underrated by some fans that don't see him play every game.

Saw a basketball once

Default Nash, Overrated?! Are you joking me???

[QUOTE=nugsfreak]

most overrated player has to go to Steve Nash.
    QUOTE]

Are you out of you're freakin' mind?!? Nash is the BEST PG of his generation. He manages to evenly distribute scoring to 5 other players (Marion, Stoudemire, Diaw, Barbosa, Bell), juggle the feud between Marion/Stoudemire, and averge a double double. He IS the suns and I know it's crazy but he deserves MVP this year.

Oh yeah...his team is 26-2 their last 28 games, but no thanks to Nash of course.

[QUOTE=The White Guy]
    Quote Originally Posted by nugsfreak

most overrated player has to go to Steve Nash.
    QUOTE]

Are you out of you're freakin' mind?!? Nash is the BEST PG of his generation. He manages to evenly distribute scoring to 5 other players (Marion, Stoudemire, Diaw, Barbosa, Bell), juggle the feud between Marion/Stoudemire, and averge a double double. He IS the suns and I know it's crazy but he deserves MVP this year.

Oh yeah...his team is 26-2 their last 28 games, but no thanks to Nash of course.
    no I am not out of my mind. I want to see someone else win the MVP this year. i.e Dirk

Saw a basketball once

right but how can you say Nash is overrated...if anything, he is underrated. People are tired of seeing Steve Nash win an MVP, but the fact is, he deserves it for all of the reasons I said previously. Not to mention, he has stepped up his killer instinct and mean streak this season, and he has proven invaluable in the clutch. And how can you forget that he is the best free-throw shooter in the NBA, shoots almost or over 50% FG's, and over 40% from 3?

let me throw another name out their, Dirk. overrated or underrated?
    I personally think underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by The White Guy
    right but how can you say Nash is overrated...if anything, he is underrated. People are tired of seeing Steve Nash win an MVP, but the fact is, he deserves it for all of the reasons I said previously. Not to mention, he has stepped up his killer instinct and mean streak this season, and he has proven invaluable in the clutch. And how can you forget that he is the best free-throw shooter in the NBA, shoots almost or over 50% FG's, and over 40% from 3?
    one thing I will give him is "ugliest player in the league"

I hear what you are saying but two times is enough, it is time for some one else to get the light he deserves. I am by no way knocking Nash as he is one of the best players in the league but their are other players that deserve the recognition as well.

Maybe I can see Nash winning the MVP if he wins a championship this year.

Saw a basketball once

i think nash is kind of cute haha...I agree with you that if Nash doesn't win a championship, it should be Dirk...By the way, its a damn shame Lebron isn't up in this MVP conversation, his ascension to MJ status has definately leveled off.

i think nash is kind of cute haha...I agree with you that if Nash doesn't win a championship, it should be Dirk...By the way, its a damn shame Lebron isn't up in this MVP conversation, his ascension to MJ status has definately leveled off.
    if melo did do the brainless act that one night would he be in consideration of MVP as well as he was playing before his suspension? what do you think?

Saw a basketball once

Melo is definately top 2 or 3 MVP canidate, and I could care less about his suspension (especially since he does a lot of charity work in my hometown of baltimore)...Still, Dirk is on a better team and I don't even see the great Allen Iverson lifting the Nugs over the Mavs. By the way nugsfreak, Denver is my favorite team along with the wizards

[QUOTE=The White Guy]Melo is definately top 2 or 3 MVP canidate, and I could care less about his suspension (especially since he does a lot of charity work in my hometown of baltimore)...Still, Dirk is on a better team and I don't even see the great Allen Iverson lifting the Nugs over the Mavs. By the way nugsfreak, Denver is my favorite team along with the wizards[/QUOT

Awesome! another Nuggets fan!

anyway I hope the nuggets get past the first round and make some serious noise this post season. I live in Colorado and people here deserve a good showing in the post season. If Melo keeps up his #'s after his suspension he has to be considered a mvp candidate.

Saw a basketball once

It would be great to see his numbers stay at that level, but wouldn't it be better if he learned to play with AI and they went deep in the playoffs? His numbers might go down, but thats what happens when two 30 ppg scorers are on the same team.

It would be great to see his numbers stay at that level, but wouldn't it be better if he learned to play with AI and they went deep in the playoffs? His numbers might go down, but thats what happens when two 30 ppg scorers are on the same team.
    yeah it would, if his #'s go down put his wins his first championship I would take that any day. I know I am getting ahead of my self though.

Saw a basketball once Vishnu Redux's Avatar

T-Mac is still elite, you goddamned ****ing idiot.

Have you not seen him when he's healthy?

And, his leadership ability has always been underrated.

He carried those Orlando teams to places they shouldn't have been, and he's doing a fine job carrying his Rockets team this season with scoring surges and sound playmaking display even when being out of rhythm.

He's not, nor has he ever been overrated.

It's his 0 Playoff Exits which have been overemphasized.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishnu Redux
    T-Mac is still elite, you goddamned ****ing idiot.

Have you not seen him when he's healthy?

And, his leadership ability has always been underrated.

He carried those Orlando teams to places they shouldn't have been, and he's doing a fine job carrying his Rockets team this season with scoring surges and sound playmaking display even when being out of rhythm.

He's not, nor has he ever been overrated.

It's his 0 Playoff Exits which have been overemphasized.
    he is a good player but not a great player right now. if he can stay healthy for a long stretch then things might change.

here's another name, Arenas.
    A little underrated in my opinion.