Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 03:25 AM   #76
jimmyjames
Serious playground baller
 
jimmyjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 435
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire > Dwight Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yes conference dictates how better another player is.

Not exactly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
I get the feeling you're kidding.

Dwight Howard = 24 points, 15 rebounds, 3 blocks per game, 14-4 team record, worse teammates, eastern conference

Amare Stoudemire = 19 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks per game, 12-4 team record, better teammates, western conference.

but I see that poster included overall team win/loss records in there, so yes I think conferences do dictate their records. If the magic played in the West their record wouldn't be as good, and they would be no higher than a 6th seed. Put the Suns in the East and they'd be either a 1 or 2 seed and playing in the Easter Conference finals easily.
jimmyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:28 AM   #77
ExpatSunsFan
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
ExpatSunsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 616
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire > Dwight Howard

^^^That's some of the worst fishing I have ever seen. Do you really think Bowlcut's going to break face to respond to that garbage?


I mean, one arrow per comparison? That's the best you can do?
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:38 AM   #78
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman
 
el_locoteee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,768
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire > Dwight Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoPizzlez
What does that have to do with Howard>> Amare
No one saying Howard's a better free throw shooter. But to bring up his weakest part of his game for no particular reason means your a Dwight hater. In every Dwight thread your their bashing, no matter how many times u bring up irrelevant points the US still thinks Dwight>Amare Dwight>Yao

Because some posters said that when DH Play great (Stats) his team is winning, and thats not completely true. Same happen with Yao when T-Mac when down last year, he got like 29 and 13 but Houston lost more game than they won. The true MVP in Houston was T-Mac even putting less numbers last year. Magic are winning because R. Lewis as the main reason and the great season so far by Turkoglu, DH is a one of the main part but not the reason.

AND IS ONLY 19 GAMES IN THE SEASON TO CROWN WINNERS.

Stats doesn't tell the whole story then: This year Richard Jefferson > T-Mac > Melo > AI etc.

And don't get me started about what US still thinks

http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/ju...testant/#40446

Last edited by el_locoteee : 12-07-2007 at 03:40 AM.
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:45 AM   #79
jimmyjames
Serious playground baller
 
jimmyjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 435
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire > Dwight Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatSunsFan
Two to zero, baby. You can argue stats until you're blue in the face, but who's the winner here? Who's the loser?

Yeah, that's right. Dwight Howard is the f'n loser.





Maybe by next season, Dwight will finally learn that there's more to basketball than stat-whoring, and that crunch time is for leading your team to victory, not smacking the backboard like a gravity-challenged retard. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to happen, though.
Stop hattin' on Howard already.... he just needs to work on his offense and foul shots just as Amare needs to work on his defense and staying out of foul trouble.


Howard has lead his team to victories as opposed to Amare sitting on the bench at the end of games because he can't stay out of foul trouble. When it is crunch time for the Magic D.Howard has the ball in his hands, when it is crunch time for the Suns Amare is on the bench and when he is out there the ball is in Nash's hands and Amare is the 4th option.
jimmyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:57 AM   #80
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star
 
WoGiTaLiA1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,505
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire > Dwight Howard

Quote:
Amare can rebound I don't know what that fool in this thread was thinking when he said Amare isn't good at rebounding. If Amare didn't have one of the best rebounder's on his team (Marion) then he would be averaging at least 12 boards a game himself. Amare is a smart offensive player but the same can't be said about his defensive game.

Amare is bigger and as athletic and plays closer to the basket, if he was as good as you say he would out rebound Marion anyway. Good rebounders get theres because they get there first, regardless who is on their team. Rodman had career years when he played with the best rebounding teammate he ever had. Amare is a poor rebounder. He doesn't show the same aggression going after them that he does on offense, he doesn't box out well at all, technically he is a very poor rebounder, he is super athletic which makes up for it, but he is a poor rebounder none the less. His defense is pathetic though, thats the saddest part, there isn't a single reason other than effort that he should be as bad on defense as he is, not one.

Dwight is a better building block than Amare. He is an elite defender and rebounder. No matter how you cut it. That is the kind of foundation that gets you 40 wins in the East and 30 in the West(See Garnett and trash). Put good parts around him and you have a contender. I still don't think he is quite to that point yet, but he is getting there rapidly and it helps that Duncan, Garnett and Shaq are all either full speed into reverse or accelerating into it. Dwight is currently putting a fair amount of distance between himself and the 4th best player in the league, only KG and Duncan are ahead of him still, that's saying something, given I'm one of his biggest doubters.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:04 AM   #81
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 10,864
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire > Dwight Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Shogun just wants an attempt at an "I told you so thread" as if Howard was always better than Amare. Amare was always the superior player until thus far this season. The only point here is "Dwight is finally playing better than Amare and now might be a better player for the long-term".

You're a total idiot.

Words can't describe how wrong you are. I mean...look at '04-'05. Dwight going for 12/10 on a crap team versus a guy who lit up Tim Duncan for 35 points per in a series.

It's pretty clear that Dwight has been better than Stoudemire since day one. I don't know why people can't fathom that.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:06 AM   #82
jimmyjames
Serious playground baller
 
jimmyjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 435
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire > Dwight Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
Amare is bigger and as athletic and plays closer to the basket, if he was as good as you say he would out rebound Marion anyway. Good rebounders get theres because they get there first, regardless who is on their team. Rodman had career years when he played with the best rebounding teammate he ever had. Amare is a poor rebounder. He doesn't show the same aggression going after them that he does on offense, he doesn't box out well at all, technically he is a very poor rebounder, he is super athletic which makes up for it, but he is a poor rebounder none the less. His defense is pathetic though, thats the saddest part, there isn't a single reason other than effort that he should be as bad on defense as he is, not one.
Look up the stats when Marion was out and see how many rebounds Amare had. If Marion wasn't playing Amare's rebounds would go up, that is a fact. Marion is 1 of the best rebounders in the game, so what if Amare doesn't get as many as him. Amare is averaging 8.8 just as many as Duncan. I wouldn't call 8.8 rebounds per game bad, matter of fact that is pretty good considering he has a teammate that is getting 11.3 How many other teams have 2 players averaging rebounds like this? None that I can think of. Amare doesn't stay at the basket when the opposition shoots it... he is already out on the break while Marion is crashing the boards. Marion is 1 of the best rebounds in the game the past 5 years or so, Dantoni has said it himself that he has it designed for Amare to run on the break as soon as the shot is realeased and let Marion get it, the don't want Amare trailing on the break, because of his speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
Dwight is a better building block than Amare. He is an elite defender and rebounder. No matter how you cut it. That is the kind of foundation that gets you 40 wins in the East and 30 in the West(See Garnett and trash). Put good parts around him and you have a contender. I still don't think he is quite to that point yet, but he is getting there rapidly and it helps that Duncan, Garnett and Shaq are all either full speed into reverse or accelerating into it. Dwight is currently putting a fair amount of distance between himself and the 4th best player in the league, only KG and Duncan are ahead of him still, that's saying something, given I'm one of his biggest doubters.
jimmyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:26 AM   #83
Uchiha_Hai
The Big Bang
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 867
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire > Dwight Howard

Amare wouldn't be the player he is right now without Nash. Matter of fact, he would be worse.

Dwight Howard > Amare
Uchiha_Hai is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:33 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

NBA free agency

NBA free agents list

Las Vegas NBA Summer League

FIBA World Cup Basketball

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy