Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lebron's Future

Dunking on everybody in the park InLebronWeTrust's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron's Future

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    I meant in a couple of years.

You make no sense man, seriously. And you're acting like when these players do leave we aren't going to be getting cap room in return. So they leave, and we're still paying them or what? That's where you go out and find someone new.

The thing is you still have no big men that I would truly believe in giving the ball at the end of the game and trying to make something happen. You can have all that guards if you want, loaded with talent.. but that's not gonna get you too far.. Ask coach K.

I really don't think Harris is that amazing. He can't really run a game by himself, you need more pieces and jefferson's proved that he isn't enough.

You're young? Cool. So is Orlando, Toronto, Milwaukee, Atlanta, Charlotte.. Those in the east alone. Should I keep going? I'd take a lot of those teams over New Jerseys roster in a heartbeat.

Spurs Forum Moderator The Big Three's Avatar

Nets fan instead of making a multiple choice thread about where he will go, make a thread instead about something like "Will LeBron Stay in Cleveland".... and if so, where will he go? And don't put something in like the Brooklyn Nets. And also, Miami is very random. Why would D-Wade want to be a sidekick again? Sure he could win championships, but would he really want to be known as Bron's sidekick for the rest of his life?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    He also wants to win a championship. Your response is so f'ed up on several levels. you obviously know nothing of finances.
    THERES A CLAUSE in his contract that MAKES HIM MORE MONEY if he goes to a big market. STFU and stop calling people out. its obvious you can't bear to think lebron might leave but jesus christ theres at least a good possibility.

You're implying that his quest to become a billionaire is a direct connection to his basketball career, and defeating yourself at your own game.
    Legacy's are built on winning, period.
    Did you just imply his money isn't tied to his basketball career? WTF.

Do you know how f'ing ridiculous you sound?
    i think you did a pretty good job at sounding ridiculous you got it covered bro

Darfur? Name one big named superstar athlete that gives a f*ck about Darfur? Ira Newble? Big name there.
    uh... how about you're whole damn team sherlock. they all signed the petition except for lebron and damon.
    Lebron had an opportunity to use his celebrity athlete status as a political force but he shied away because Nike asked him not to. Lebron is NIKE's best basketball star right now they aren't going to fire him. He could've made a stand but he is not the type of guy to be concered with human rights issues.

the only reason i even mention this is that it shows you a little about his personal ethics. if he doesn't give two ****s about those people over there i'm sure he wouldn't give two ****s about leaving a brokenhearted fan like you crying in the corner after he dipsets to brooklyn. if it suits his needs.

Can you even tell me where Darfur is without looking at a map or googling it?
    sudan *******.

Mathius
    why the hell do you sign your posts just to let everyone know what you just said was some wacked out homer ****?
    Last edited by final.wrath; 03-26-2008 at 11:52 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    The Nets are set up for YEARS of losing. .
    didn't they just get devin harris? don't they have valuable trade bait in vince carter who they will almost certainly trade for cap space and young guys? they still have richard jefferson...

sounds like they have a chance at having a better supporting cast for lebron in 2010 than cleveland might have. i mean... devin harris and richard jefferson are two better sidekicks than anyone cleveland has.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

The Nets are my least favourite team in the League (I'm a Raptors fan), but they have some very good young players. Sean Williams is going to be a stud defensive PF, with decent offensive upside. Nachbar is tremendous shooter, with good size and athleticism for the 3, and Harris/Williams will be a very solid PG combo. If they can kick lose that cancer Carter

[QUOTE=Valliant13]The Nets are my least favourite team in the League (I'm a Raptors fan), but they have some very good young players. Sean Williams is going to be a stud defensive PF, with decent offensive upside. Nachbar is tremendous shooter, with good size and athleticism for the 3, and Harris/Williams will be a very solid PG combo. If they can kick lose that cancer Carter

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Why because we beat you last year in the playoffs???
    Carter. If he played on a team I owned I would it hate it.
    I'd rather not derail this thread, so I will leave it that.

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    Carter. If he played on a team I owned I would it hate it.
    I'd rather not derail this thread, so I will leave it that.
    aight

Quote Originally Posted by final.wrath
    didn't they just get devin harris? don't they have valuable trade bait in vince carter who they will almost certainly trade for cap space and young guys? they still have richard jefferson...

sounds like they have a chance at having a better supporting cast for lebron in 2010 than cleveland might have. i mean... devin harris and richard jefferson are two better sidekicks than anyone cleveland has.
    Yeah, in my opinion New Jersey is still a good team, and VC would be good trade bait. Plus, they have two first rounders this year. New Jersey might be a good team down the road even without LeBron James.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Three
    Yeah, in my opinion New Jersey is still a good team, and VC would be good trade bait. Plus, they have two first rounders this year. New Jersey might be a good team down the road even without LeBron James.
    they could even Draft Roy Hibbert!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
    You make no sense man, seriously. And you're acting like when these players do leave we aren't going to be getting cap room in return. So they leave, and we're still paying them or what? That's where you go out and find someone new.

The thing is you still have no big men that I would truly believe in giving the ball at the end of the game and trying to make something happen. You can have all that guards if you want, loaded with talent.. but that's not gonna get you too far.. Ask coach K.

I really don't think Harris is that amazing. He can't really run a game by himself, you need more pieces and jefferson's proved that he isn't enough.

You're young? Cool. So is Orlando, Toronto, Milwaukee, Atlanta, Charlotte.. Those in the east alone. Should I keep going? I'd take a lot of those teams over New Jerseys roster in a heartbeat.
    Who said that we won't get a C or PF in the future. This season we even have a chance to draft Roy Hibbert..... who do you think Lebron would rather play with Devin Harris or Delonte West. Devin Harris >>>>>>> Delonte West. Why would he want to stay with the Cavs i see them being like the Timberwolves with KG getting angry asking for a traded except in this situation he would sign with the Nets via FA.

they could even Draft Roy Hibbert!!!!!!!
    Hibbert's slow, but he'd give you a lot of size. I'd rather take maybe Kevin Love to get some rebounds, or take a chance on Anthony Randolph with your first pick, and then use your other 1st rounder on either Hibbert, who could still be available, or get some depth on the wing if that's what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Three
    Hibbert's slow, but he'd give you a lot of size. I'd rather take maybe Kevin Love to get some rebounds, or take a chance on Anthony Randolph with your first pick, and then use your other 1st rounder on either Hibbert, who could still be available, or get some depth on the wing if that's what you're looking for.
    i think we would draft a sg one that can shoot. and Hibbert w/ our second one

Dunking on everybody in the park InLebronWeTrust's Avatar

Who said that we won't get a C or PF in the future. This season we even have a chance to draft Roy Hibbert..... who do you think Lebron would rather play with Devin Harris or Delonte West. Devin Harris >>>>>>> Delonte West. Why would he want to stay with the Cavs i see them being like the Timberwolves with KG getting angry asking for a traded except in this situation he would sign with the Nets via FA.

Oh Boy!! Roy Hibbert. Possibly one of the most overrated players in college basketball this year. Look if he can't help his own team win against Davidson, (Who I have in my elite 8 this year, losing to Kansas tomorrow.. uh thank you) How can he help the nets going against people like Dwight Howard and other freak centers. He's slow as anything. But go ahead, draft him.. I'm terrified.

The thing with KG with the 'wolves can't even compare to LeBron and the Cavs. KG was always unhappy because they never gave him anything close to a supporting cast minus the year they did decent with Sprewell and Cassell and when Olowokandi was actually decent. But the main thing is, they never WON. LeBron has had a winning record every year with the cavs except his first season. They're doing ok with that. 52-30 last year. Try to think about things before you make an argument there champ.

Quote Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
    Oh Boy!! Roy Hibbert. Possibly one of the most overrated players in college basketball this year. Look if he can't help his own team win against Davidson, (Who I have in my elite 8 this year, losing to Kansas tomorrow.. uh thank you) How can he help the nets going against people like Dwight Howard and other freak centers. He's slow as anything. But go ahead, draft him.. I'm terrified.

The thing with KG with the 'wolves can't even compare to LeBron and the Cavs. KG was always unhappy because they never gave him anything close to a supporting cast minus the year they did decent with Sprewell and Cassell and when Olowokandi was actually decent. But the main thing is, they never WON. LeBron has had a winning record every year with the cavs except his first season. They're doing ok with that. 52-30 last year. Try to think about things before you make an argument there champ.
    You're right about Hibbert, he's not gonna scare too many people even with his 7'2". He would probably just be a rotational player for the Nets, joining Krstic, Williams, and Boone. That group isn't great, especially since there isn't a big-time scoring threat down low. Krstic can stretch the floor on offense, Wiliams can block shots, and Hibbert can try and be an impact down low on both ends. He's mainly a bench player, but he could probably be a really ****ty team's starter. I think LeBron's got a good supporting cast around him, and if Gibson keeps developing into the #2 option, and at least keeps shooting at a high percentage from three point range, LeBron and the Cavaliers will always be contenders in the weak East. Boston's not gonna be a factor for years down the line, and I don't think Detroit will be up to par once Billups and Wallace start deteriorating, so maybe Cleveland could start dominating the East in a few years. If I'm LeBron, it might not be a bad idea to stick around.