Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1937
    Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

cold blooded

Good college starter

Indiana looks inept against the zone

Craft was awful down the stretch of the game again. Sooner or later that will bite OSU in the ass.

If this wasn't such a weak ass draft, Cody Zeller would be in danger of slipping even further down the lottery. He's strugling mightily to get clean shots off and finish over the length of Syracuse's athletic bigs on the bottom of the zone.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I'll be surprised if Zeller leaves at this point

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    He needs to lift some weights and gain some muscle. Weakest big man prospect since Chris Mihm.

Quote Originally Posted by dak121
    He needs to lift some weights and gain some muscle. Weakest big man prospect since Chris Mihm.
    He'd need to gain a LOT if he wants to ever play on the block in the NBA. He's quick end to end but his jumping, any kind of it, is terrible. And he takes all those weird angles on his shots because he has t-rex arms. Gets all low and crooked and just shows the ball so much.

Wouldn't surprise me. He had an ugly 15 and 6 against Temple and tonight he's been terrible. The more I see of him, the more surprised I am that he once was a lock to go top 3 and even the #1 overall pick at one point in a lot of mocks.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Wouldn't surprise me. He had an ugly 15 and 6 against Temple and tonight he's been terrible. The more I see of him, the more surprised I am that he once was a lock to go top 3 and even the #1 overall pick at one point in a lot of mocks.
    Not like he was a power post guy last year but he's just gotten really weak this year, fallen into bad habits just because they work (and Crean doesn't know how to coach them out of him). He's not exactly soft he's just...shy, I don't really know what to call it. No street hunger lol.

I mean, c'mon, show me a little baby hook 7 footer.

I will say, my good buddy going OFF on Facebook right now is pretty entertaining. IU loses, it's always on the refs. Can't be that Zeller's been blocked like 7 times and IU's backcourt is a couple 6 footers (maybe) trying to guard MCW.

He'd need to gain a LOT if he wants to ever play on the block in the NBA. He's quick end to end but his jumping, any kind of it, is terrible. And he takes all those weird angles on his shots because he has t-rex arms. Gets all low and crooked and just shows the ball so much.
    He really does remind me of a taller Tyler Hansbrough, but Hansbrough has/had a much better motor in my opinion.

Oladipo really can't take control of a team on offense. He hasn't been involved here in the past few minutes.

Gregg Marshall's about to be on the Shaka/Stevens tier of getting offered every single job

Another thing, and it's not just Zeller, but a lot of Indiana players haven't looked very engaged tonight. Outside of Oladipo and Sheehey, it looks like everyone has played at half speed and almost looked disinterested.

And I now this was talked about last week, but I can't get over the piss poor quality of college hoops now. It's hard to watch teams at this point in the season struggle work their ass off just to score 60-70 points.

Never been a fan of Zeller as a pro prospect. His measurables are going to be really bad and he doesn't play big, or even up to his size. He has the exact makeup of someone who falls in the draft, so I never understood why he was projected so high.

Love him as a college player, though. He just doesn't fare well against guys who will rough him up. And Cuse is getting away with murder out there.