Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ricky Rubio haters, Identify yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Miserio
    He was just 20 years old at the time. Take any young prospect from the US to a team full of stars in the Euroleague and i don't think their numbers are gonna be much better than that.

He's young, talented and most importantly, a GREAT defensive player. He's gonna be really good in the NBA.
    Ricky Rubio's defense seems to be his most overrated quality as he has earned a reputation for getting easy steals and his tough man-to-man coverage. I think a lot of his defense would fall under the category of what I would call the "Ellis Syndrome;" players who go for a stat, like a steal, instead of playing team defense. This is easily seen while watching Rubio play. His center of gravity remains high and he seems to play defense against the ball rather than his man.

Starting to dislike him now.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Why do you care what "god" wants, Lucy? You work for Satan, you silly little imp.
    You're lucky Sam and Dean have me locked in the cage

Banned

Malcolm Lee is something to look out for

Won't be surprised if he is our starting 2 guard at the season opener

Bust

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer
    You're lucky Sam and Dean have me locked in the cage
    I knew it! I knew it! You DO live in an insane asylum!

Not airballing my layups anymore dirk94_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer
    I'm actually rooting for him. God know we need more white stars in this league!
    this

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    Second coming of Steve Nash...

IN RUBIO WE TRUST.

Where the haters at? This kid will contend for Rookie of the Year... with Derrick Williams...

Kevin Love said players are getting hit in the face because of Rubio's no-look pass bullets.
    That

He hasn't played a game yet lol

Not airballing my layups anymore

I like Rubio, and I think he'll be a good player in the NBA (not a star, but a relevant player). But come on, don't say stupid things like "2nd coming of Nash". Fyi Nash is one of the best shooters out there, he's a very good 3-point shooter, is very good at the ft line, and can hit the mid-distance jumper. Rubio is just not like that, he's not a good shooter.

About his defense, he has really quick hand and he'll have some steals. I guess he's not gonna be strong and explosive enough to guard players like Rose, Deron, but actually who can ? He'll be an average defender, but not that bad because he's a smart player and understands team defense.

Learning to shoot layups

If he does well in the NBA, Euroleague won't shut up about it.

Do you know who Rubio is? He's Tim Tebow -- a player with enormous hype, yet average to below-average skills. His fanatics are so happy when he manages to do anything positive that they react as though something great happened, though the reality is far from that.

If Rubio has a 10 point, 8 assist game early in the season, all we'll hear about is how his 'admirers' were right. Then by the end of the season he'll be riding the pine and we'll hear nothing from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Do you know who Rubio is? He's Tim Tebow -- a player with enormous hype, yet average to below-average skills. His fanatics are so happy when he manages to do anything positive that they react as though something great happened, though the reality is far from that.

If Rubio has a 10 point, 8 assist game early in the season, all we'll hear about is how his 'admirers' were right. Then by the end of the season he'll be riding the pine and we'll hear nothing from them.
    Tebow is 7-1 this year and has his team in position to make the Playoffs. He's definitely no John Elway, but the dude wins games.

Banned

Kevin Love was clearly exaggerating about dudes being hit in the face. He was talking about Rubio's passes being so sudden and so on point that no one was expecting them. I've seen point guards like this before where the players aren't expecting that hard of a pass at that point.

Also, I for one think Rubio will be a star point guard in this league. He's not going to be like Rose or Wall, but he's going to be a game-changing point guard.

Wait lets just take a minute to admire the troll work Euroleauge has down. He's put himself in a position where he can go on an on about the fact he was right if Rubio sucks but if he's good he's gonna go on and on about how a Euroleauge scrub is a star in the leauge. His method is flawless