Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default The Case For Hakeem Olajuwon As The Greatest Player In The NBA History

Here's my case for Hakeem Olajuwon as the GOAT. He's not usually ranked that high, but i tried my best to make a respectable case for him. Here you go.

http://www.hardcourtmayhem.com/2011/...e-nba-history/

A comment with a critic (positive or negative) is welcomed.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: The Case For Hakeem Olajuwon As The Greatest Player In The NBA History

Quote Originally Posted by PTB Fan
    Here's my case for Hakeem Olajuwon as the GOAT. He's not usually ranked that high, but i tried my best to make a respectable case for him. Here you go.

http://www.hardcourtmayhem.com/2011/...e-nba-history/

A comment with a critic (positive or negative) is welcomed.
    You can expect that most people on this site didn't even see Hakeem play so they will base their judgement on stats, rings and MVP's and then there are Hakeem-haters like Jlauber.

Personally I have Hakeem in my top 5 and I have him ranked as the second greatest center even with Shaq, after Kareem. Kareem, Jordan, Magic and possibly Bird are the players I have above Hakeem.

Good High School Starter

Default Re: The Case For Hakeem Olajuwon As The Greatest Player In The NBA History

lol'd at the title. op is a *******.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    You can expect that most people on this site didn't even see Hakeem play so they will base their judgement on stats, rings and MVP's and then there are Hakeem-haters like Jlauber.

Personally I have Hakeem in my top 5 and I have him ranked as the second greatest center even with Shaq, after Kareem. Kareem, Jordan, Magic and possibly Bird are the players I have above Hakeem.
    I feel Hakeem's underrated. He had a mix of everything. Superb all-around game, great resume, legendary peak, outplayed his competition, won the respect of his peers, dominated, was elite post up force, terrific defender etc.

That's why i wrote this argument. Hopefully you liked it.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJoker23
    lol'd at the title. op is a *******.
    What ever..

Hakeem is underrated but i dont think he has a case for GOAT. He could only win when jordan left and It would be hard to see that he has a better case of guys like Magic, Bird, Kareem, Russell etc.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ballerz
    Hakeem is underrated but i dont think he has a case for GOAT. He could only win when jordan left and It would be hard to see that he has a better case of guys like Magic, Bird, Kareem, Russell etc.
    Interesting thoughts. I think he definitely has a case, but i'm going to respect your opinion. Thanks for the read and comment

NBA lottery pick

I don't see how people have Shaq in top 10 and not this guy.

2 rings as the Main MAN, all time shot blocker, most skilled center to ever play the game.

Shaq: 4 rings, played with a GOAT contender in Kobe, Wade and the refs carried his fat ass for his 4th ring. Not to mention his ring in 2002 was full of asterisks.

NBA rookie of the year

I feel Hakeem's underrated. He had a mix of everything. Superb all-around game, great resume, legendary peak, outplayed his competition, won the respect of his peers, dominated, was elite post up force, terrific defender etc.

That's why i wrote this argument. Hopefully you liked it.
    Hakeem sure thing had no flaws and it's a big shame that many of his pre-championship years was wasted due having terrible teammates. And when he finally won he had worse teammates than every single top 10 guy of all-time had when they won.

Based on skills he is definitely a GOAT-candidate but as I said, crappy teammates was costly for him since he "only" won 2 championships.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    I don't see how people have Shaq in top 10 and not this guy.

2 rings as the Main MAN, all time shot blocker, most skilled center to ever play the game.

Shaq: 4 rings, played with a GOAT contender in Kobe, Wade and the refs carried his fat ass for his 4th ring. Not to mention his ring in 2002 was full of asterisks.
    I consider both Shaq and Hakeem as contenders for GOAT. I'm soon going to write one article on the Diesel. Thanks for the read and comment. I definitely agree that Hakeem deserves to get ranked higher

Great college starter

Hakeem was an easy guy to get to early in his career. He was out of position a lot on defense. He wasn't much of a passer and a bit of a black hole at times. Went for too many blocks. Even in his prime he would have a lot of games of four or five fouls. Great post game that was very effective for his era. I saw about 100 Hakeem games. I have him anywhere from 10 to 6 on my all time list.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ballerz
    Jordan was back in '95 but Chicago got an old fashioned ass whoopin' by the Orlando Magic in the playoffs, the same Orlando team Hakeem and the Rockets later swept in the finals..

I have Jordan, Magic and Kareem ranked higher than Hakeem, possibly Bird as well but Russell, nooo. Russell was an amazing player but he had amazing teammates by his side and he was a crappy scorer, we are talking about a center who only made 44% of his field goal attempts and in the playoffs he only made 43% of his field goal attempts and he was a terrible FT-shooter as well.

A GOAT is supposed to be a better scorer than that, Russell had flaws in his games.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Big#50
    Hakeem was an easy guy to get to early in his career. He was out of position a lot on defense. He wasn't much of a passer and a bit of a black hole at times. Went for too many blocks. Even in his prime he would have a lot of games of four or five fouls. Great post game that was very effective for his era. I saw about 100 Hakeem games. I have him anywhere from 10 to 6 on my all time list.
    Thanks for the read and comment. I agree that early in his career he'd go out to block shots too much, fell for ball fakes etc but he changed and then in his peak, he destroyed nearly everyone

owwwww

Prime Hakeem is as good as anyone. I suppose you could argue in that sort of roundabout way.

Great college starter

Thanks for the read and comment. I agree that early in his career he'd go out to block shots too much, fell for ball fakes etc but he changed and then in his peak, he destroyed nearly everyone
    While his offense got better in his peak, his D got worst. I guess it had something to do with taking a lot of shots on offense. Dude didn't hydrate with water for stretches during the season. ****ing amazing. Hakeem badly outplayed my favorite player of all time, but I still love his game.