Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Vince Carter gets booed by Toronto crowd, immediately dunks on DeRozan

It took more than 10 years for Toronto pro wrestling fans to stop booing Shawn Michaels for what he did to Bret Hart.

The same logic can be applied to Toronto basketball fans top stop booing Vince Carter for what he did to them.

Plus, hating is fun! Ask ISH trolls and *EnterNBASuperstarHere*tards for that!

Rip Samurai Swoosh L8kersfan222's Avatar

Default Re: Vince Carter gets booed by Toronto crowd, immediately dunks on DeRozan

Wheres red1 at?

NBA rookie of the year

Canadian sports fans are hardcore, they will boo him until the end of time, lol.

The Raptors should honestly look at reacquiring him, I think he'd be a decent vet for their rotation if they're going into the playoffs anyway and it would let him end his career full circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Eh, just the usual treatment.

I get booing VC, but did they boo Calderon also? If so

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by T.O.RapsJays
    I'd stop repping Toronto forever if that ever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O.RapsJays
    Nah, they cheered him. Should have cheered both.

Boo clowns like Hedo.

Nah, they cheered him. Should have cheered both.

Boo clowns like Hedo.
    At this point booing Carter is tradition, props to cheering Jose though

Banned

Cheer Carter? Are you nuts?

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    As always, a biased Carter fan's perspective here: he was looking for the team to focus on winning. The Raptors had burned through four coaches in six years. They apparently stressed a commitment to winning to Vince Carter and vowed to pursue big-time free agents (such as Steve Nash) but instead ended up with Rafer Alston and the drafting Rafael Araujo as a lottery pick. Then the new GM, shortly after being hired, said, "we are not really worried about how many wins we get right away, or whether we make the playoffs within the first year or two." Then Carter and his fourth coach (Sam Mitchell) seemed to butt heads, with Vince being benched in the fourth quarter during numerous games.

Later, after being traded, when asked in an interview if there were times where Carter didn't give 100%, he said there were, because his talent often allowed him to succeed regardless. He stated injuries led him to re-evaluating that approach, leading to a re-newed approach, where he was no longer able to succeed as readily off his talent, and needed to commit to working harder. I think this was taken by fans as an admittance that he never cared nor worked.
    i remember when he went to a Nelly concert while being injured..that felt like betrayal to most Raptors fans

VC was a bitch but the year after year of failure shows VC was in the right. The Management was a joke, i mean look at what they got for him. That had to be one of the worst trades ever. Eric and Arron Williams even at their peaks were replacement level players.

Like a boss

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    the drafting Rafael Araujo as a lottery pick.
    Ah yes, the immortal Araujo. He's one of the biggest foreign busts in the NBA. He was even outplayed by Fesenko in Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Damn. What was the whole reason for him leaving the way he did? Money?
    He was a bitch. He wanted to be traded after we drafted Araujo and signing Alston to that horrible contract.

He started coasting in games, jogging down the court, giving away team plays to the opposition, purposely missing free throws (look at his percentage drop and then pick up) and faking injury.
    He also admitted to not trying.

Would you want to root for the guy?

We have a pretty poor basketball history here, but we are still a proud and loyal fan base. We are coming out of the horrible Colangelo era still, and this team won't have a real identity for another couple of years. Once we become a good team that the city can all get behind, Vince will still be booed. He's going to be retired before it stops, but it will eventually once we forget, but there will always be a smattering of boos when he's in the ACC

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    He was a bitch. He wanted to be traded after we drafted Araujo and signing Alston to that horrible contract.

He started coasting in games, jogging down the court, giving away team plays to the opposition, purposely missing free throws (look at his percentage drop and then pick up) and faking injury.
    He also admitted to not trying.

Would you want to root for the guy?

We have a pretty poor basketball history here, but we are still a proud and loyal fan base. We are coming out of the horrible Colangelo era still, and this team won't have a real identity for another couple of years. Once we become a good team that the city can all get behind, Vince will still be booed. He's going to be retired before it stops, but it will eventually once we forget, but there will always be a smattering of boos when he's in the ACC
    He also bodyslammed the coach.

Local High School Star lpublic_enemyl's Avatar

I was at the game too and was hyped when that happened. Although, I think I head a lot more cheers when he dunked the ball.

Story I wanted to share, when I was watching the pre-game report, Leo Rautins was telling the fans to "let it go with Vince" and then went on to talk about how much Jose and Vince meant to the franchise.... then their show got cut off and it went to the music.

I'm thinking... did someone do that on purpose so that the announcers wouldn't say anything nice about Vince ? It's a conspiracy, man.

Nice, which level ? I was up at 310.
    117 the drake zone seats.