Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: What's your impression on Ricky Rubio now?

I think the kid has a great future ahead of him. If he's doing this at 17, odds are he'll improve next year and perhaps add a little offense to his game. He's got fantastic vision and he's very fast, as well. Again, though, he's only 17...he's still got a lot to develop before he's NBA ready but he has quite a bit of time to do it.

BTW I don't like the Telfair comparison. The euroleagues, while not exactly the NBA, are much better than high school competition. And Telfair was just too damn full of himself from what I saw and read.

Serious playground baller

it's hard to compare the situations, but IMO telfair at 17 as well as brandon jennings at 17 (and now) would equal or exceed the production of rubio...

Witness

I laugh at some of you saying he's going to be a Hinrich type, or another one who said he's at best a 12/6

He's ALREADY better than Calderon, a 16/10 guy when starting. I'm not saying if you put him in the Raptors right now he would do better, cause he has still to make contact with the league, but Calderon would dream of being Ricky at the moment.

I think his ceiling is something around 18/14/6/3 with the best defense of the league at the PG.
    Last edited by The Chosen One; 08-25-2008 at 06:27 PM.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One
    I laugh at some of you saying he's going to be a Hinrich type, or another one who said he's at best a 12/6

He's ALREADY better than Calderon, a 16/10 guy when starting. I'm not saying if you put him in the Raptors right now he would do better, cause he has still to make contact with the league, but Calderon would dream of being Ricky at the moment.

I think his ceiling is something around 18/14/6/3 with the best defense of the league at the PG.
    I can get behind this. Good thing you qualified it by saying "ceiling." If he was 23 or 24, he wouldn't be getting as much attention but he's really just a kid.

Kid has potential for sure.
    Right now he has raw talent at playing the position. If he is able to develop his shooting and build upon his court play, then he has a chance to be a solid contributer in the NBA. Other variables will also include the staff in which is around him, the program, and the personnel in which he is surrounded with.

If he is in a program of the likes of a Larry Brown, he as a very high probability to flourish so long as he has the desire to.

Witness

Quote Originally Posted by cured
    I can get behind this. Good thing you qualified it by saying "ceiling." If he was 23 or 24, he wouldn't be getting as much attention but he's really just a kid.
    LeBron what? I can't understand why some people don't want to believe this guy is the next big thing. It happened to LeBron back in 2003, it's happening right now to Ricky. Yeah, I know there's only one LeBron, but there's only one Ricky too, and the world will see it in a few years.

Oh, and by the time he's 23 or 24 he will be the best PG in the NBA.

And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

Very overrated by many people. Has potential, but the way half of the Basketball world speaks of him, you'd think he was averaging 43.6 PPG 9.4 AST and 5.8 STLs, and had just completed a 6-Peat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One
    LeBron what? I can't understand why some people don't want to believe this guy is the next big thing. It happened to LeBron back in 2003, it's happening right now to Ricky. Yeah, I know there's only one LeBron, but there's only one Ricky too, and the world will see it in a few years.

Oh, and by the time he's 23 or 24 he will be the best PG in the NBA.
    I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatched. He still needs to adapt to the NBA style, morph his physique and develop good shooting form. Though, Rubio held his own against the best of the best point guards in the NBA and seemed to have equaled them in terms of team contribution. He displays incredible poise and maturity for such a youthful player and will only become more robust, intelligent and increasingly refined as time passes.

Witness

Quote Originally Posted by Sroek
    I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatched. He still needs to adapt to the NBA style, morph his physique and develop good shooting form. Though, Rubio held his own against the best of the best point guards in the NBA and seemed to have equaled them in terms of team contribution. He displays incredible poise and maturity for such a youthful player and will only become more robust, intelligent and increasingly refined as time passes.
    Agree.

we had a thread about rubio two days ago.... why not just ask it there? better yet if you had looked it up, you wouldnt have to ask the question.

Very good NBA starter

people need to stop hyping on bullsh!t without true substance.

National High School Star allball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
    It's hard to judge Ricky, because he's the first 17-year old draft prospect that is playing against elite competition, and is not dominating high school teams that have 1 other NBA prospect at best.
    Last time he went up against players his age was in the U 16 world championship finals, when he put up 51/24/12/7 steals
    Roundup: Markoishvili on Fire
    November 27, 2007
    When Ricky Rubio scored 51 points in the finals of the U-16 European Championship, collecting tournament top-scoring honors in the process,[B] you couldn

[QUOTE=allball]Roundup: Markoishvili on Fire
    November 27, 2007
    When Ricky Rubio scored 51 points in the finals of the U-16 European Championship, collecting tournament top-scoring honors in the process,[B] you couldn

National High School Star gpfanz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SRZ66
    rubio, the one who does teh same exact behind the back crossover ever single time that leaves deron and cp3 on the other side of the court?
    yes

Very good NBA starter

was the kid unstoppable from all angles and distances? no. was the kid even sinking open jumpers? no. i'd wager a 17yo telfair would beat him in a jumpshot contest, and telfair was and still is a brick machine.