Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-08-2008, 03:24 AM   #1
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation
Default 76ers emerging as biggest threat to land Brand?!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3477424

yeah baby Ed Stefanski you're the man! I like Carney but I'm willing to part with him to get Elton! yes this gives me hope...
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:40 AM   #2
One of Shemps Kids

Default Re: 76ers emerging as biggest threat to land Brand?!

Man, if this happens, damn the Atlantic.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:42 AM   #3
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd have to give Philly some respect if they were able to pull this move off. They may be a little scary with Brand in the low post.

Could there be a power shift to the East?

The Celtics won convincingly in the Finals.
Many of the league's top young players are in the East (LeBron, Howard, Wade, Bosh, Beasley, Rose, etc).
Now, with guys like Elton Brand and possibly Corey Maggette coming to the East, is it possible the West could be losing its mojo?

I mean... it was already severely damaged this past season when the Celtics shockingly dismantled a Laker team that had steamrolled through the Western Conference.

I have always said that the NBA power balance is a cyclical thing. The West has had it since Jordan retired. It could be swinging the other way, starting with what the Celtics in '08.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:42 AM   #4
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

if this happens, clippers doomed themselves in the long run
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:45 AM   #5
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Btw, if this happens, I think it is a 100% certainty that Maggette will also flee town. He seemed on his way, anyway. This would be the final straw. I'm just hoping Corey chooses the Cavs.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:55 AM   #6
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

this is making me sound very confident that we could get something done, and if Carney and/or Booth(good riddance) is all we have to give away? then it's a no brainer. Put Brand at the 4...he fills a huge need both position wise and skill wise. He can mentor Speights, he would be a very good compliment to Dalembert. Jason Smith and Reggie Evans off the bench...that sounds good. Wings will be Iggy(assuming he resigns), Thad Young and Green. PG Lou Will and Miller. That is a damn good team in my opinion, especially in the East. Josh Smith could make us a contender like 2 years down the road for the East title, but Brand would vault us right up the charts, still below Boston and maybe Detroit but right there with Cleveland, Orlando, Washington and possibly Toronto IMO
Old 07-08-2008, 03:56 AM   #7
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

we could also sign a James Jones to be a shooter off the bench the fill the Carney void
Old 07-08-2008, 03:59 AM   #8
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think he is going to re-sign with the Clipps. Brand, Davis, Kaman, Thornton>Brand, Iggy, Miller, Dalembert. But you never know. Money makes people change their minds very quickly in this league
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:02 AM   #9
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
I think he is going to re-sign with the Clipps. Brand, Davis, Kaman, Thornton>Brand, Iggy, Miller, Dalembert. But you never know. Money makes people change their minds very quickly in this league

i will agree that the first 4 is at least a bit better than the 2nd 4...but what about the rest of the team? Gordon isn't NBA ready IMO, and the rest of LA is pretty crappy. Mobley is still serviceable, but he's gettin up there in age, other than that...very slim pickings
Old 07-08-2008, 04:07 AM   #10
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
i will agree that the first 4 is at least a bit better than the 2nd 4...but what about the rest of the team? Gordon isn't NBA ready IMO, and the rest of LA is pretty crappy. Mobley is still serviceable, but he's gettin up there in age, other than that...very slim pickings

I see what you mean. Lou, Carney, Young, Smith are all nice youth products and are more effective than Tim Thomas, Mobley, Patterson, Gordon. But in the end, you live and die with your best guys in the playoffs. And I'd rather have a guy like Davis who has experience in the playoffs and is a big time performer in the playoffs. His best shot is with the Clipps to make real noise in the playoffs.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:13 AM   #11
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
I see what you mean. Lou, Carney, Young, Smith are all nice youth products and are more effective than Tim Thomas, Mobley, Patterson, Gordon. But in the end, you live and die with your best guys in the playoffs. And I'd rather have a guy like Davis who has experience in the playoffs and is a big time performer in the playoffs. His best shot is with the Clipps to make real noise in the playoffs.

right now, at this very point in time, i think LA is more ready to contend. But taking into account that they are in the West...and we are in the East...Philly is where he is more likely to have immediate and long term success. I 4got about Thomas, he can be a solid backup too if healthy and motivated, but Ruben Patterson is not on the team...he was released during the season. But i will say that LA would probably be a better team than us if we were in the same conference, but we're not so that's why Philly i think is a better option there as well
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: