Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Learning to shoot layups anyonebutmiami's Avatar

Default Re: Now i understand why people don't like shaq on TNT

Quote Originally Posted by t-rex
    Shaq is terrible. And he ruins the good chemistry on the show. I'm really tired of the banter/conflict between him and Charles. TNT use to shine while having the best pre/post game show in sports. But not any more.
    one year in BOS turned him into a jerk!!

People hate him cause they hate change and they were so used to seeing Charles, Kenny and Ernie. Ernie Johnson has been waiting to sign Shaquille O'Neal to his little Turner Sports panel for years, he aint going anywhere anytime soon.

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    I just think he is horrible with phrasing, articulating and formulating his basketball / NBA knowledge (which is very low anyways), its not interesting or educational in any way, you hear him talk basketball you go just "DOH!?".... so he is just a clown there instead and not even good at that to, feels like he is just trying so hard, like often when he just interrupts Kenny or Chuck and says something "funny" and its all just silence... i dont feel much chemistry/connection between him with the rest of the group either...

I feel he should be replaced with Chris Webber or Gary Payton... those guys are more articulate, know much more basketball, interesting to listen to and have great timing for comedy aswell, would fit much better with Chuck/Kenny aswell....
    LOL @ watching inside the nba for basketball analysis.

He's redundant. We don't need two analysts saying dumb shit constantly. It's funny when Chuck does it, it's embarrassing when Chuck and Shaq do it together.

College superstar

OP is a fan of yacks.

Just 1 Rational Fan lbj23clutch's Avatar

A good example was the other night after the Clipps win in Memphis. Chuck was making some good points and Shaq interrupts him to say something completely retarded. It added nothing to the conversation other than interrupting Chuck. You could tell Shaq thought he was making a good point too.

He's had his moments though; the freestyling the other day was great.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    I just think he is horrible with phrasing, articulating and formulating his basketball / NBA knowledge (which is very low anyways), its not interesting or educational in any way, you hear him talk basketball you go just "DOH!?".... so he is just a clown there instead and not even good at that to, feels like he is just trying so hard, like often when he just interrupts Kenny or Chuck and says something "funny" and its all just silence... i dont feel much chemistry/connection between him with the rest of the group either...

I feel he should be replaced with Chris Webber or Gary Payton... those guys are more articulate, know much more basketball, interesting to listen to and have great timing for comedy aswell, would fit much better with Chuck/Kenny aswell....
    For someone who doesn't know how to use a period I highly doubt you can discern media that is generally deemed "Educational."

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Because with Charles, Kenny, and EJ the show was a classic. Shaq and his mumbling, bumbling act has killed the chemistry.

Its just painful and awkward to watch. Not sure what TNT is waiting for to get rid of him. I'm sure there's been plenty of negative feedback.

Add CWebb or the Glove, I'm good. Shaq needs to go.
    C-Webb was good. Shaq got the spot because Shaq is Shaq. But C-Webb deserves it...he's funny, keeps it positive, can speak clearly, and has great nba analysis.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

The guy has made great improvements in blending in with Barkely and company. It just takes time for a person with his personality to mesh well with a closely knitted group like that. I'd say he's average now and he wasn't even average at first. There's room for growth and it could get pretty good. Watch Shaq on NBATV and he's pretty good. He's not a good play by play man. He can't call highlights on a video. Maybe he'll get better, but that stuff gets old. BOOP BOOP or whatever he says...

National High School Star

The show has been getting better since Barkley has been calling shaq ugly-lol

Barkley: "All black people look alike"

Shaq: "I don't don't look like you"

Barkley: "Thank God"

LOL