Page 42 of 166 FirstFirst ... 32394041424344455292142 ... LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Default Re: NBA Trade/FA Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    An Iasiah Thomas/Rudy Gay/Kevin Love trio can legitimately compete with the Trail Blazers trio. Especially if they get to keep DeMarcus Cousins.

Yes, they still need a coach.

Call Byron Scott, Mark Jackson.

I mean, that's a playoff 2nd round roster we are looking at. And I don't see how coaches wouldn't love to be in that position.

Oh California.
    If they can pull all of it off it'd be a potentially very good team, Thomas drastically improved this year despite being average height in the real world/short in NBA terms, Rudy Gay can either be hot or cold/he was damaging the Raptors offense and they looked disjointed after joining the Kings he seemed to change (maybe he was over the cold ), he does have an opt-in option for $19 million and he'd hit the free agent market the season after, all depends on what he does there he could opt out for a multi year deal (but it'd be doubtlessly worth less), if the Kings want to out-do the other trade offers they will likely have to put in a bit more, even if they get Love they will still need to build a bench but it's a potentially good situation to be in. They will have to put in more if they want to out-do other offers though they are going to have to add Mcclemore + 8th pick and then something else, it will be interesting because if they form that team in terms of salary they will probably have to fill out the bench with veteran minimums from then on. I don't mind Malone as coach though? I think Jackson owed a lot to him as an assistant, Jackson is poor at in game rotations and not special at tactics that is where Malone came in so I certainly wouldn't swap them but that's just my assessment on it, Jackson was the motivator and great relations with players but in terms of actual strategy I think Malone deserves a lot of credit for it.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers91
    Never found crack very appealing . I think the same could be said if you think the Lakers have actually enough at this stage to pull off a trade for him, I certainly hope Love hits free agency but I don't think he will the Wolves will trade him and once the Wolves get desperate to trade him then they will take the best offer that is out there and likely that offer can out-do the Lakers offer (assuming Love is traded before the start of the season), the Lakers can't satisfy the Wolves with just their first rounder when the Celtics and Warriors can out-do it, if the Wolves want a rebuild they take the Celtics offer which is a similar value pick and they have young players to offer as well, Warriors have better talent to offer, an S&T with Pau would be one of the ways but don't see that happening for multiple reasons, if no team trades for Love then the Lakers would have a chance in FA it is supply and demand if other teams think they have a shot at Love in FA they might have a similar mindset and just let him walk if no one offers a trade then that's the only real chance the Lakers have to get Love if they are the only team and in all likelihood they won't be, it will take a miracle to get enough pieces to satisfy the Wolves above others so essentially I hope other teams he will re-sign with won't be able to trade for him. No team is getting rid of so much talent without Love signing long-term (albeit the Kings have said they don't care) so the only way the Lakers get him is if no one else trades and the Wolves have to accept the Lakers offer or Love refuses to re-sign and either a) he enters free agency from the Wolves or b) he leaves after being a one year rental. The teams that he is open to go to can out-do any Laker trades anyway as far as I can see, Suns/Warriors/Celtics can all offer the better deals at this stage.
    I'm just going to address this part of your post because I actually agree with the rest of what you wrote. I don't think the Lakers can get him at all in a trade, we don't have any assets to get him. Our best chance is in free agency, but I doubt he ever gets there because he'll be traded first. So people need to give up their Kevin Love pipe dreams unless we can find a 3rd team with assets that is willing to help facilitate a trade.

Let's look at the offers for Love:

Celtics-6th pick,17th pick, Sullinger, Olynyk, Green, Bass, expiring contracts plus 9 first rounders over the next 5 years
    Kings-everyone except Cousins. Problem is that to make the deal work the Kings Minnesota would have to accept some really undesirable contracts unless they trade for Rudy Gay.
    Bulls-Boozer, Gibson, 16th, 19th, Butler, rights to Mirotic
    G State-Lee, Thompson, Barnes + future draft picks

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    I'm just going to address this part of your post because I actually agree with the rest of what you wrote. I don't think the Lakers can get him at all in a trade, we don't have any assets to get him. Our best chance is in free agency, but I doubt he ever gets there because he'll be traded first. So people need to give up their Kevin Love pipe dreams unless we can find a 3rd team with assets that is willing to help facilitate a trade.

Celtics-6th pick,17th pick, Sullinger, Olynyk, Green, Bass, expiring contracts plus 9 first rounders over the next 5 years
    Kings-everyone except Cousins. Problem is that to make the deal work the Kings Minnesota would have to accept some really undesirable contracts unless they trade for Rudy Gay.
    Marc Spears reports PHX will be there, willing to trade Dragic/Bledsoe and they have a shit ton of 1st rounders. Best deal out there IMO.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Marc Spears reports PHX will be there, willing to trade Dragic/Bledsoe and they have a shit ton of 1st rounders. Best deal out there IMO.
    Really? If that's the case Phoenix makes a lot of sense too, but again does Love sign an extension there? I think he really has his eyes on a big market like New York or LA or an immediate winning situation, that's why Bulls, Golden State and the Celtics are all on his radar. Phoenix and Sacramento would mean being stuck on a treadmill team.

Speaking of Phoenix, Lakers need to sign some under the radar steals in free agency. Dragic's only making 7 million a season I don't know if it was advanced stats that contributed to Phoenix signing him, but the value you get for his production is amazing. Lakers need to make a couple of those signings if they don't plan on being major free agent players.

Da Mavs

Really? If that's the case Phoenix makes a lot of sense too, but again does Love sign an extension there? I think he really has his eyes on a big market like New York or LA or an immediate winning situation, that's why Bulls, Golden State and the Celtics are all on his radar. Phoenix and Sacramento would mean being stuck on a treadmill team.

Speaking of Phoenix, Lakers need to sign some under the radar steals in free agency. Dragic's only making 7 million a season I don't know if it was advanced stats that contributed to Phoenix signing him, but the value you get for his production is amazing. Lakers need to make a couple of those signings if they don't plan on being major free agent players.
    I do think he will sign an extension with PHX. They'd still have other talented young guys around him, or have assets bring in another star, etc.

Here's the tweet:
    [QUOTE] @SpearsNBAYahoo

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    I do think he will sign an extension with PHX. They'd still have other talented young guys around him, or have assets bring in another star, etc.

Here's the tweet:
    I still don't see the appeal. Kevin Love has never played with another all star his entire career. That's not an excuse for him, but he needs legitimate help to compete. If he extends with Phoenix he would be surrounded by young talent again waiting for them to develop. Yes they could bring in an all star, but Chicago, G State and Boston already have established star players.

And is that tweet saying that Bledsoe is a max contract player?

NBA lottery pick

Outside of Golden State I don't think he'll just sign an extension anywhere he goes. I feel like there's a big opportunity that he's going to be a free agent. I also don't think the offer that Phoenix can make is better than the other teams either.

On a side note, I really wish they would fix whatever is wrong with this website. I still have major issues typing because I'll press a button on my keyboard and it doesn't respond. I'm sure others are having the same issue. I don't know if they're aware but if we can let someone know it would be helpful.

I think some of those offers are rather extreme even for Love but I do see your point, ultimately it will come down to Love if he truly wants to play for the Lakers then the choice is in his hands I.E play for Minnesota another year and downright refuse an extension for any team (no team is trading enough to satisfy Minnesota without him signing an extension), it will basically have to be Love saying I'm going to the Lakers and no one else and I think there are too many teams that are almost as appealing especially GSW for him to ever state that point blank. He could be traded and I expect him to be, but he could hit free agency if he doesn't sign an extension (some teams may still try and get him but not as much value but they still might), essentially for him to hit FA hope that he goes to a team like Sac that apparently according to rumour will still trade without an extension and hope Love dislikes it there but none of that is a guarantee. Love basically has to kill off interest from other teams for there to be a trade to the Lakers or for him to hit FA, and I don't think that will happen either.

Celtics and GSW are the biggest two to trade as far as I'm concerned simply because of GSW has the best talent and Celtics have that rebuild package essentially a good pick with good young players, GSW if they give up Klay will be in part satisfying getting a good young player and also a solid PF in Lee. More so they are the main two I think he'd stay with, the Kings I don't know if he'd stay there (it's kind of the fourth team in California by itself a bit of a diluted market really) but there team will have to lose a lot to gain Love they looked good in parts this year but there could be more damage done by adding him (a lot to give up for one player). I seethe Bulls potentially getting Melo anyway and more so it's going to be rather tricky for them to trade for Love because of the other teams likely can directly out-do them. I think it leaves two that are legitimate spots for Love the others are kind of question marks whether he'd stay for one reason or another, GSW and Boston are the two I'd be most worried about them trading for him and Love signing long term. Phoenix are the dark horse they can satisfy the Wolves and they have a good all around team but I'm not sure if Love would want to stay there he could because it's a big city but I think it's a bit unknown for me, 1. GSW, 2. Bos, 3 Phx, can't see any other team apart from them having both the ability to trade and persuading Love to stay long term.

NBA All-star

I see him willing to resign with Boston.

I'm not certain about the appeal with GSW, I don't think he has any impression or relationship with that of Steve Kerr. And I don't think with the asset the Warriors give up they become contenders. Lee + Thompson are both very useful pieces in their rotation right now.

If he waits out until his contract expires, without knowing the FA class, I see it being another "lets wait and see where the other FAs are going and how that affects my chances to contend"

Which makes it really up for grab, and just another FA sweepstake.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers91
    I think some of those offers are rather extreme even for Love but I do see your point, ultimately it will come down to Love if he truly wants to play for the Lakers then the choice is in his hands I.E play for Minnesota another year and downright refuse an extension for any team (no team is trading enough to satisfy Minnesota without him signing an extension), it will basically have to be Love saying I'm going to the Lakers and no one else and I think there are too many teams that are almost as appealing especially GSW for him to ever state that point blank. He could be traded and I expect him to be, but he could hit free agency if he doesn't sign an extension (some teams may still try and get him but not as much value but they still might), essentially for him to hit FA hope that he goes to a team like Sac that apparently according to rumour will still trade without an extension and hope Love dislikes it there but none of that is a guarantee. Love basically has to kill off interest from other teams for there to be a trade to the Lakers or for him to hit FA, and I don't think that will happen either.

Celtics and GSW are the biggest two to trade as far as I'm concerned simply because of GSW has the best talent and Celtics have that rebuild package essentially a good pick with good young players, GSW if they give up Klay will be in part satisfying getting a good young player and also a solid PF in Lee. More so they are the main two I think he'd stay with, the Kings I don't know if he'd stay there (it's kind of the fourth team in California by itself a bit of a diluted market really) but there team will have to lose a lot to gain Love they looked good in parts this year but there could be more damage done by adding him (a lot to give up for one player). I seethe Bulls potentially getting Melo anyway and more so it's going to be rather tricky for them to trade for Love because of the other teams likely can directly out-do them. I think it leaves two that are legitimate spots for Love the others are kind of question marks whether he'd stay for one reason or another, GSW and Boston are the two I'd be most worried about them trading for him and Love signing long term. Phoenix are the dark horse they can satisfy the Wolves and they have a good all around team but I'm not sure if Love would want to stay there he could because it's a big city but I think it's a bit unknown for me, 1. GSW, 2. Bos, 3 Phx, can't see any other team apart from them having both the ability to trade and persuading Love to stay long term.
    Too much dude

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Too much dude
    ... Should have seen the original

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    I see him willing to resign with Boston.

I'm not certain about the appeal with GSW, I don't think he has any impression or relationship with that of Steve Kerr. And I don't think with the asset the Warriors give up they become contenders. Lee + Thompson are both very useful pieces in their rotation right now.

If he waits out until his contract expires, without knowing the FA class, I see it being another "lets wait and see where the other FAs are going and how that affects my chances to contend"

Which makes it really up for grab, and just another FA sweepstake.
    Potential starting lineup's:
    PG: Curry, SG: Iguodala SF: Green, PF: Love, C: Bogut
    (That's Thompson + Lee)
    PG: Curry, SG: Thompson, SF: Iguodala, PF: Love, C: Bogut (small ballish with Iggy at 3 but he has played 3 probably naturally due to size more a 2)
    (Lee+ Barnes + x)

Either way it's a pretty good team, Love isn't exactly worse than Lee defensively and Love would have that defensive anchor that is needed to make up for his defense, Curry and Love's pick and pop or basically any play with them combining would be so dangerous offensively, Lee is good but Love just adds such an extra dimension to their offense with his spacing ability even more so than Lee does.
    Give up quality to get it they will be giving up good players but they will be getting a player that could make their offense virtually unstoppable at times. For a new coach like Kerr and whoever his assistants he brings in it gives a lot to to work with, it's a very attractive team imo.

College superstar

I think this thread morphed in to something else, but...

Can the Lakers waive Nash with the stretch provision? So Kobe would be the only player on their roster?

Anyway...

Lowry signed at 10m a year
    Kobe at 24
    Stephenson at 12
    Monroe at 12
    Hill at 3

That's 61m. "Stretching" Nash would bring it to 64. I dunno what the cap is at... 70? So now the Lakers have 6m to fill out the roster with rookies and minimum salary vets, along with bird-rights on current players, maybe.

Obviously this would depend on renouncing cap holds for the majority of the roster, and for the players they don't renounce, will there be the room to do the above.

Lowry, Stephenson, Monroe and the #7 pick are a great base from which to build... Kobe coming back to a top 10 player in the league form makes them championship caliber, IMO.

NBA lottery pick

^^ The Pistons would for sure match an offer of 12 million for Monroe, so there's no way that happens. I don't want anything to do with Lance Stephenson, especially at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    ^^ The Pistons would for sure match an offer of 12 million for Monroe, so there's no way that happens. I don't want anything to do with Lance Stephenson, especially at that price.
    no comment about offering 10 Million to Lowry?
    Didn't you almost slit my throat when I said, try to get him for 8 mil?
    Actually you said you had doubts that Kyle can be had for that price, that the Lakers won't be contending anyway with just him.
    I said bec most teams are already set at PG position and that Bledsoe is also available, that his marketability/price should not be that high.(let me add too that Calderon is getting paid 7 mil)
    that the Lakers should be collecting "pieces" regardless bec the Lakers won't contend with or without Lowry....
    But I agree with you not being attracted to Stephenson. I say try to sign Meeks for 2.5 mil, Hill for 3.7 Mil, 2 yrs max.