Page 31 of 166 FirstFirst ... 21282930313233344181131 ... LastLast

Default Free Agents 2014

All right....I'm starting a thread of who we can get this offseason.

Of course LeBron Wade and Bosh maybe avaiable but no they are not coming here.

Melo....but honestly don't want the guy. He would be great in Chitown.

Monroe is restricted so he will stay in MoTown.

So what and who is left????

Not airballing my layups anymore Da Kobester's Avatar

Default Re: Discussion: Who will and who should be back next season?

Thanks to them idiots the father & son tandem no D in toni and his son Nash who weasels his way in & out of the line up a dozen times in 2 years and gets paid 10 mil per year for 3 long dreadful years the Lakers are done! A once proud franchise w/16 chips hasn't woken up from their nightmare in 2 years and counting......until we eliminate these 2 knuckle heads unfortunately this year's scrubs will be next year's scrubs and possibly beyond if the father sticks around. Might as well stick a fork in the Lakers coz the horse trainer thinks these 2 idiots are savoirs.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: who will and who should be back next season?

Jordan Farmar
    Xavier Henry
    Kobe Bryant
    Jodie Meeks
    Kent Bazemore
    Nick Young
    Jordan Hill
    Sacre

These guys should be brought back.

Default Re: Discussion: Who will and who should be back next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Da Kobester
    Thanks to them idiots the father & son tandem no D in toni and his son Nash who weasels his way in & out of the line up a dozen times in 2 years and gets paid 10 mil per year for 3 long dreadful years the Lakers are done! A once proud franchise w/16 chips hasn't woken up from their nightmare in 2 years and counting......until we eliminate these 2 knuckle heads unfortunately this year's scrubs will be next year's scrubs and possibly beyond if the father sticks around. Might as well stick a fork in the Lakers coz the horse trainer thinks these 2 idiots are savoirs.

Kobe Bryant
    Gasol (trade him if we can get another starter in return)
    Kaman (as backup C/PF) - If he signs for $2 mill or less
    Farmar (backup PG) - I hope he can be a long-term backup PG for us
    Xavier Henry OR Jodie Meeks - I think Henry has more potential but I don't know who's better to hold onto

The others won't be. Jordan Hill will get better money elsewhere so he's gone. Nick Young I want back on the team, but he will get good money elsewhere.
    Last edited by bladefd; 04-13-2014 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Kobe Bryant
    Gasol (trade him if we can get another starter in return)
    Kaman (as backup C/PF) - If he signs for $2 mill or less
    Farmar (backup PG) - I hope he can be a long-term backup PG for us
    Xavier Henry OR Jodie Meeks - I think Henry has more potential but I don't know who's better to hold onto

The others won't be. Jordan Hill will get better money elsewhere so he's gone. Nick Young I want back on the team, but he will get good money elsewhere.
    I really hope and pray that Kobe has been recruiting his current teammates to stay.
    For me Meeks deserves a 20% increase, Young not to opt out. Hill might stay with the right coach. Westley can get a 10% increase and might flourish if he can find a shooting coach.
    Not sure about Farmar and Henry bec of their inability to stay healthy.
    Marshall should be cheap as a backup PG plus most teams don't really need him.

NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: 2014 Trade/FA Ideas | Discussion | News

Formula for Championship contention next season:

1)Lakers fire D'Antoni and sign Rick Adelman as coach next season
    2)Trade lottery pick + Nash to Minny for Kevin Love (w/ S/T long term contract)
    3)Sign key Free Agents: Kyle Lowry, Trevor Ariza and Boris Diaw
    4)Resign Jordan Hill, Nick Young, Jordan Farmar, Xavier Henry, Wesley Johnson and Chris Kaman

PG: Lowry (6 mill) | Farmar (2 mill)
    SG: Bryant (23.5 mill) | Henry (1 mill)
    SF: Ariza (4 mill) | Young (3 mill) | Johnson (1 mill)
    PF: Love (15.7 mill) | Diaw (2 mill)
    C: Hill (5 mill) | Kaman (2 mill) | Sacre (500k)

Coach: Rick Adelman
    Assistant Coach: Kurt Rhambis
    Starting 5 Offense: Blend of 00-02 Sacramento Kings/Phil's Triangle
    Bench Offense: Run and Gun UCLA to USC

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Formula for Championship contention next season:

1)Lakers fire D'Antoni and sign Rick Adelman as coach next season
    2)Trade lottery pick + Nash to Minny for Kevin Love (w/ S/T long term contract)
    3)Sign key Free Agents: Kyle Lowry, Trevor Ariza and Boris Diaw
    4)Resign Jordan Hill, Nick Young, Jordan Farmar, Xavier Henry, Wesley Johnson and Chris Kaman

PG: Lowry (6 mill) | Farmar (2 mill)
    SG: Bryant (23.5 mill) | Henry (1 mill)
    SF: Ariza (4 mill) | Young (3 mill) | Johnson (1 mill)
    PF: Love (15.7 mill) | Diaw (2 mill)
    C: Hill (5 mill) | Kaman (2 mill) | Sacre (500k)

Coach: Rick Adelman
    Assistant Coach: Kurt Rhambis
    Starting 5 Offense: Blend of 00-02 Sacramento Kings/Phil's Triangle
    Bench Offense: Run and Gun UCLA to USC
    Why do you wanna play Nick Young at 3?

I like the Ariza & Lowry signing.

Hill - injury prone. I wouldn't rely on him.
    If they do sign Kevin Love, I want Pau to back him up.
    Xavier Henry - if he improves his J, then that would be sweet. But right now, he drives 80% of the time & I don't think that's what they want.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Why do you wanna play Nick Young at 3?

I like the Ariza & Lowry signing.

Hill - injury prone. I wouldn't rely on him.
    If they do sign Kevin Love, I want Pau to back him up.
    Xavier Henry - if he improves his J, then that would be sweet. But right now, he drives 80% of the time & I don't think that's what they want.
    I didn't know whether to reply to the original post but yours was sooner so went with yours haha, I quite like the Ariza and Lowry signings but I think if there is any way to get Lowry it's going to have to be for more (a lot more) than 6 potentially double that given how highly he's going to be rated (finally/rightly so) after such a year 6 would be a big discount I imagine, Dragic who had a breakout year is on about 8 million and that was not when he was expecting to be playing at this level, it's a good team on paper but there's a fair few things I'd worry about, I don't particularly like trading a draft pick for Love still (now you could in theory bluff if the Timberwolves are actually entertaining a trade then you could think that they are also thinking Love will leave) Love is a great player but he hasn't been to the postseason just yet and I wouldn't say his teams have been especially this year overly bad and I worry about his post defense, going to need a rim protector or a good post defender to make up for Love's defensive abilities and Hill while a great burst of energy can't play 30+ minutes of consistent defense or enough at such a level anyway considering his run of health, I do worry a fair bit about the defense on that team so it'd need a pretty good defensive coach, I do still want assuming he's available the Lakers to draft Embiid and he could be a great foil for the Lakers to develop him as a defensive center especially if they signed Love in 2015 (Embiid could grow into the defensive anchor to play with Love, albeit he could well drop and if he does in the draft I have little doubt the Kings may snatch him up to pair with Cousins as just one team). I never liked the idea of trading a player a year or two years ahead of when you have a realistic chance of signing him in free agency, the whole Melo deal kid of solidified my view on it, given he'd have been a free agent either that year or the next instead forces a trade to the Knicks and they give up a lot of good young players (Chandler; Gallinari, along with first rounders to memory), to get Love the trade probably won't be that extreme but it's still trading away a potentially very promising player that there is a realistic shot at signing if you simply wait another year (and if you lose out then well you've still got a high draft pick anyway) but that's simply me.

Home of the 16

I know a lot of people say this, but I do not like Kevin Love also. I myself like players that have already proven their worth. Kevin Love is just another ordinary player for me who just happens to stack a lot of points/rebounds. But again, I hope I'm wrong. You guys can bash me on this because I sorta thought the same about Gasol, I never really cared that much for Gasol even though my uncle was already talking a lot of stuffs about him, so/but I already knew Gasol was going to improve and help the Lakers in the back of my head, but for Kevin Love -- I really don't see that. And like you mentioned, he's never been in the playoffs? But maybe because I'm feeling like this 'cause I have my own ideal PF from past experience, I guess? Gasol, KG, Kenyon Martin, type? Prime Kenyon Martin was a beast, man.

But like I said before, I've only seen 2 or 4 of his games this season, & I'm just not feeling him. And people are saying he's "EMPTY STATS" which is not helping either. Just saying. Bash me on this, please. Because I really do want to like him as a player, because I don't think there are any other PF available that's able help the Lakers and improve the team unless the Lakers decides to improve in other positions like Center or PG. Signing Trevor Ariza will be much appreciated by me just cause I just love how he played out his role during his days with the Lakers. I was torn by what happened during the summer of 09, I gotta say. Huge huge fan of him & Lamar.

Anthony Davis
    Kevin Love
    Blake Griffin
    CB
    ... Wow what is happening to the NBA.

Home of the 16

1 - ???
    2 - Kobe
    3 - Ariza
    4 - Pau
    5 - ???

Ariza is a must for me.

If Robin Lopez is available, I would love to have him on the Lakers. And have Jordan Hill backing him up.

Farmar or Marshall, one of them has to go, and one has to be a backup for the Lakers. Lowry/Farmar?

Ariza/Ron Ron? Artest for 10 mins. a game? Wouldn't that be sweet? Sign him for a year with player option.

Glen Davis or? I don't know how long he's gonna be in the Clippers, but I'd love him to be Pau's back up.

GOD WHAT A WISHLIST.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    I know a lot of people say this, but I do not like Kevin Love also. I myself like players that have already proven their worth. Kevin Love is just another ordinary player for me who just happens to stack a lot of points/rebounds. But again, I hope I'm wrong. You guys can bash me on this because I sorta thought the same about Gasol, I never really cared that much for Gasol even though my uncle was already talking a lot of stuffs about him, so/but I already knew Gasol was going to improve and help the Lakers in the back of my head, but for Kevin Love -- I really don't see that. And like you mentioned, he's never been in the playoffs? But maybe because I'm feeling like this 'cause I have my own ideal PF from past experience, I guess? Gasol, KG, Kenyon Martin, type? Prime Kenyon Martin was a beast, man.

But like I said before, I've only seen 2 or 4 of his games this season, & I'm just not feeling him. And people are saying he's "EMPTY STATS" which is not helping either. Just saying. Bash me on this, please. Because I really do want to like him as a player, because I don't think there are any other PF available that's able help the Lakers and improve the team unless the Lakers decides to improve in other positions like Center or PG. Signing Trevor Ariza will be much appreciated by me just cause I just love how he played out his role during his days with the Lakers. I was torn by what happened during the summer of 09, I gotta say. Huge huge fan of him & Lamar.

Anthony Davis
    Kevin Love
    Blake Griffin
    CB
    ... Wow what is happening to the NBA.
    Kevin Love is a very talented player. Definitely one of the most talented PF's in the game today. He can hit the outside shot, but he doesn't necessarily just settle for it because he does have a post game too. That makes him dangerous. You also have to keep in mind for a guy who's shooting all those 3's he still manages to get a lot of rebounds. Rebounds aren't an empty stat kind of number. I've always found that funny when people are saying he has empty stats. Rebounds take effort no matter what.

When I look at that roster in Minnesota it doesn't surprise me that he hasn't been in the playoffs. Who has he had to help him? The West is loaded this year. I don't think Minnesota has a better roster than any of the teams that are going to the playoffs necessarily.

I think Bosh is the PF that too many people are sleeping on. He's the one that sacrificed the most to go to Miami in terms of his numbers. He's still one of the better PF's in the game too. I never really liked the role they made him play, but he sucked it up and has done well. Usually when the other guys sit out he steps up and does well. If he ever leaves Miami people will realize this again.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Minnesota's team this year was bad timing, it was their best team at least on paper that Love has had but the West also was such a deep conference this year considering the Suns just missed the finals despite winning enough games to be something like 4th or 3rd seed had they been in the Eastern conference, offensively Love is one of the 4's that is very difficult to stop the definition of a stretch 4 that does more than simply shoot, determined in terms of rebounding (which he has always been good or even great at rebounding monster), his defense is still suspect to me so if he does go to the Lakers there's going to have to be a good defensive system to put him into or a prospective defensive anchor or something at least through the eye test I personally find his defense suspect no one could say it's a strength for his some may consider him an underrated post defender I think he's probably okay or decent or there about's, he's someone that needs a good defensive bigman beside him. Love has had a decent to good point guard in Rubio, he's a great passer but his shooting really if he wants to improve has to get better because if Rubio doesn't shoot better for whatever reason he is so low FG% then he will remain what he is a point guard with good court vision but very limited in ceiling due to poor shooting, so Love isn't exactly surrounded by the most ideal cast but I wouldn't say it's the worst supporting cast/roster, I believe the empty stats comments have simply been not that what he does doesn't take effort but more so despite the great stats well it hasn't translated to anything meaningful in terms of post seasons (whether I agree with that or not it's one of the comments I've seen on him a lot).

They have a talented team are limited because they don't go that well together it's good pieces that I wouldn't really want together (like Dieng's potential) but really Rubio in a way suits Love but not so much vice versa Rubio can get him good shots through his passing but Love is an underrated passer from the post (related note some of his transition passes are great) but passing it potentially back to Rubio usually isn't that much of an option unless it's to him for a layup because he shot 38% from FG% this year, Love needs a better post defender or to make more strides in his own defense whichever (I'm harsh on his defense yes), the Wolves main defensive problems is protecting the rim Love when you look at defensive stats they are slightly better when he's on the floor so it's probably a little harsh to say he's bad defensively Pekovic isn't agile enough and seems to react rather slowly defensively to defend on a team that also has Kevin Love on it defense wise, I'm not saying I don't want Love I certainly do he's a talent but he has flaws but it's unfair to lump him entirely for the Wolves failure to make the postseason he is a part of it as is every player on each team in which has failed to make the postseason for them but health has also been a factor and the actual roster has problems fitting together from my viewpoint at times they really click at others they really don't.

I agree with the last paragraph wholeheartedly, Bosh has become very underrated he was the one to make a pretty big sacrifice in playing along the Big 3.
    Last edited by Lakers91; 04-20-2014 at 01:31 AM.

Home of the 16

Question Discussion: 2014 NBA/Lakers Offseason | Exit Interviews

Likely that LAL have have at worst No. 6/7 pick, w/a chance of moving up in lottery. Kupchak said in Feb. there could be 10 elite players.
    Kupchak said the draft process is "just beginning." Things will be much more clear after everyone holds work outs/interviews, etc.
    D'Antoni changed his system to accommodate Gasol/Howard last year when LAL went 28-12 to finish the year before Kobe tore his Achilles.
    Potential franchise changers in this coming NBA Draft? Kupchak: "Yes … I think there are several that could be really, really good."
    "If you look at the (potential) free agents, there is probably not as good a player as Pau Gasol."
    Mitch Kupchak
    Only said it's a "possibility" to trade the pick, like any other team or any pick. RT @RealGM: Kupchak: Lakers Open To Trading Lottery Pick.
    —Mitch Kupchak
    D'Antoni: "I do think that the game is changing, and some of the hard part of coaching is to be able to drag people over to the next side."
    Kupchak, as he's suggested throughout this season, maintains that it's very important not to spend LAL's cap space unwisely. In other words, LAL aren't going to throw out a max contract offer this summer unless Kupchak thinks it's warranted.
    Kupchak: We haven't had a pick this high certainly since I've been here, and that's been quite some time." (James Worthy, 1982).
    Kupchak just isn't worried about it: "Kobe's had a tough 2 years. He's had to live through this season, his 18th in the NBA". In addition to some time with the family, Kobe will see his doctor in Germany, said Kupchak.
    Kupchak on D'Antoni this season w/t injuries: "Under the circumstances, I'm not sure anybody could have done a better job than he did."
    Kupchak: "At some point in the near future I'll sit down with Mike and Jim Buss and review the season, which is what we do every year."
    Mitch Kupchak says that he could envision Kobe continuing his career beyond the 2 years remaining on his contract.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 04-29-2014 at 06:39 AM.

Home of the 16

Default Adam Silver considering letting all Clippers players enter free agency

"Houston Rockets owner Leslie Alexander told the Houston Chronicle that the NBA should allow the Los Angeles Clippers players to become free agents so that they don't have to play for Donald Sterling.

He made this suggestion to NBA Commissioner Adam Silver, who said that he would consider it."