Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default Re: How come the Knicks haven't landed a major free agent in 20+ years

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    If I could change one thing about this site are the moronic why threads. "Why does player x only average 6 assists instead of 7?" "How come player x only has 8 All Star appearances?" And so on.

I guess because it makes who ever is starting the thread sounds as stupid as a 4 year old asking simple no real answer questions. Like, "Why is that car red? Why not blue?" "Why do dogs bark?"

The problem is that these are grown people wasting their life purposely trying to sound stupid on a basketball forum.
    Are you going to answer my question or not?

If not gtfo my thread you whiny bitch

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

The Knicks have a remarkable rate of striking out on all their big moves. Free agents...trades...whatever. The Knicks post Ewing have given up the #2 pick, 2 #6 picks, a #9 and a #7 in various deals im sure felt like big splashes at the time. And thats not all. Im only telling you the top 10 picks. They have up more lottery picks like #12. Gave up a #16. But just sticking to high lottery picks? They could have saved those picks and drafted like 5-6 all stars without even counting late draft steals. They could have drafted Paul George, Jamal Murray, Lamarcus Aldridge, Gordon Hayward and others.

They did get Amare in free agency...which was nice...but they got him when he was nearly done. They could have just drafted him but they traded the 7th pick for Antonio Mcdyess fresh off missing TWO seasons with a blown out knee. Then Amare goes #9. They could have just drafted Amare instead of trading their pick for an already washed up Mcdyess.

Knicks have been swinging for the fences and coming up all air for 20 years.

If they dont come out of this with a major and I mean MAJOR superteam they have to quit with the overnight fixes and build a ****ing team the old way. Draft a bunch of players and see how they pan out. No massive moves to make waves. Just wait it out. They trade away superteams just by having no patience.

My, how rattled you are over Knicks having all those picks and promising things to come. Making posts EVERY day about how NYC can't do this or that.

Question for yourself is why the Knicks get more attention than fun size Nets. Knicks could suck another 25 years and they'd still get more consideration than New Jersey. Oops, I mean Brooklyn

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    Your not getting KD or Kyrie or even Zion just accept it you delusional idiot

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    If I could change one thing about this site are the moronic why threads. "Why does player x only average 6 assists instead of 7?" "How come player x only has 8 All Star appearances?" And so on.

I guess because it makes who ever is starting the thread sounds as stupid as a 4 year old asking simple no real answer questions. Like, "Why is that car red? Why not blue?" "Why do dogs bark?"

The problem is that these are grown people wasting their life purposely trying to sound stupid on a basketball forum.
    "Why is J Stern a whiny grumpy binch?"

Better?

Manny got the dumbass Knicks fans on a leash

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics 1825
    Manny got the dumbass Knicks fans on a leash
    you mad scared bruh

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    you mad scared bruh
    Scared of the KNICKS??? Cmon

Y'all can keep dreaming about this KD and Kyrie thing but it ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    The Knicks have a remarkable rate of striking out on all their big moves. Free agents...trades...whatever. The Knicks post Ewing have given up the #2 pick, 2 #6 picks, a #9 and a #7 in various deals im sure felt like big splashes at the time. And thats not all. Im only telling you the top 10 picks. They have up more lottery picks like #12. Gave up a #16. But just sticking to high lottery picks? They could have saved those picks and drafted like 5-6 all stars without even counting late draft steals. They could have drafted Paul George, Jamal Murray, Lamarcus Aldridge, Gordon Hayward and others.

They did get Amare in free agency...which was nice...but they got him when he was nearly done. They could have just drafted him but they traded the 7th pick for Antonio Mcdyess fresh off missing TWO seasons with a blown out knee. Then Amare goes #9. They could have just drafted Amare instead of trading their pick for an already washed up Mcdyess.

Knicks have been swinging for the fences and coming up all air for 20 years.

If they dont come out of this with a major and I mean MAJOR superteam they have to quit with the overnight fixes and build a ****ing team the old way. Draft a bunch of players and see how they pan out. No massive moves to make waves. Just wait it out. They trade away superteams just by having no patience.
    2 things.

1.) James Dolan is not directly involved in basketball operations any longer.
    2.) Scott Perry has done everything right up to this point in time. From what I've been observing, this season has not been a "quick fix". I'd like to think that if we cannot lure any big free agents here, they will continue with the re-build. I feel the percentage of landing KD and Walker/Irving is unlikely.

My only worry is that "teflon" Steve Mills is still on the scene. Time will tell what will happen, but this does not feel like "same old Knicks". Same old Knicks would probably not have given up on Porzingis.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    My, how rattled you are over Knicks having all those picks and promising things to come. Making posts EVERY day about how NYC can't do this or that.

Question for yourself is why the Knicks get more attention than fun size Nets. Knicks could suck another 25 years and they'd still get more consideration than New Jersey. Oops, I mean Brooklyn
    Nets have had MUCH more success the past 20 years than the Knicks

Kyrie and other upcoming free agents have openly stated they rather play for the Nets. We actually have are shit together unlike the crappy Knicks

Friendliest Poster :) E_Stamkos's Avatar

How come OP has jumped ship more times than his mom jumps c0cks.

Goes from being a Cavs fan, to a Rockets fan, to a Nets fan all within the same year. Yet hasn't been to or quite frankly knows anything about either city.

Such a tool lol

Kyrie and other upcoming free agents have openly stated they rather play for the Nets. We actually have are shit together unlike the crappy Knicks
    Remind me how many championships Brooklyn has won in those 20 years again. How many picks did you give up for KG and Pierce? Yeah, Nets have a better winning record. And that's about it. In a few months, we'll see how many big names your team will sign. The real story is, Brooklyn will always play under Manhattan's shadow. But by all means, don't stop the troll posts coming.......

Quote Originally Posted by E_Stamkos
    How come OP has jumped ship more times than his mom jumps c0cks.

Goes from being a Cavs fan, to a Rockets fan, to a Nets fan all within the same year. Yet hasn't been to or quite frankly knows anything about either city.

Such a tool lol
    I was a LeBron fan idgaf about the Cavs

Rockets? I'd never support a team that has Frauden on it

Enjoy losing in the 2nd round btw

Please tell me the last BIG NAME free agent to sign with the Nets?

Friendliest Poster :) E_Stamkos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    Please tell me the last BIG NAME free agent to sign with the Nets?
    Easy.

Manny98

When they acquired his Filipino fandom from the Houston Rockets. He's been the hottest journeyman fan in the game since time. He brings with him zero travel experience, a barren comprehension of their city and a microscopic dick.