Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default How come the Knicks haven't landed a major free agent in 20+ years

Knicks fans keep telling us that they are going to get every major free agent but nothing has happened

I thought they were going to get LeBron in 2010

I thought they were going to get KD in 2016

Why is this free agency going to be different?

Default Re: How come the Knicks haven't landed a major free agent in 20+ years

I'm the 1st poster in this thread

I'm the fourth poster in this thread.

I'm the only poster in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    I'm the 1st poster in this thread
    Your not getting KD or Kyrie or even Zion just accept it you delusional idiot

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

It's a bit of a symbiotic relationship between the team and the free agents that allows it to continue, and flourish even.

The free agent and their representatives insinuate that the Knicks are 'on the list' of their preferred destinations, thereby leveraging the possibility of them getting a major market max contract in order to get the team they really want to go to to offer a better deal.

In return, the Knicks are able to fleece their supporters (fans, sponsors, TV rights, etc.) for more money because they may be the place where the superstar ends up playing.

In spite of the Knicks being (arguably?) considered the most valuable franchise in the league, they are likely not the preferred destination of any of the top tier FA's because they do not have confidence in the owner/front office and management being able to put a team on the court that is a serious threat to win a championship any time soon.

Add a somewhat entitled fan-base into the mix and it just doesn't sound like a great place to be relative to actually being on a team that has a (perceived) real shot at winning a championship.

I think that a change in the owner/front office and management is likely what is needed for the needle to move in a good direction for the franchise and their fans.

It's basically the same thing that plagued the Lakers during the Jim Buss era, and aside from the signing of LeBron, may still be simmering among top tier FA's.

JMHO.

OP is a ph@ggot, but to answer his question they got Amare Stoudamire in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    OP is a ph@ggot, but to answer his question they got Amare Stoudamire in 2010.
    Who are you old bitch? Go drown in dogshit or something

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    Knicks fans keep telling us that they are going to get every major free agent but nothing has happened

I thought they were going to get LeBron in 2010

I thought they were going to get KD in 2016

Why is this free agency going to be different?
    Why do you care so much?? Obsessed much???

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    Why do you care so much?? Obsessed much???
    I just find it fascinating how delusional Knicks fans are

I just find it fascinating how delusional Knicks fans are
    I think the word you're looking for is jealous not fascinating. You're mad jealous that nobody is talking about any big time players going to the Nets

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    I think the word you're looking for is jealous not fascinating. You're mad jealous that nobody is talking about any big time players going to the Nets
    Why would I be jealous of such a joke of a franchise that has not been relevant in 25+ years

Same reason you haven't left the basement.....incapable

Why would I be jealous of such a joke of a franchise that has not been relevant in 25+ years
    Because you keep talking about them all the time

If I could change one thing about this site are the moronic why threads. "Why does player x only average 6 assists instead of 7?" "How come player x only has 8 All Star appearances?" And so on.

I guess because it makes who ever is starting the thread sounds as stupid as a 4 year old asking simple no real answer questions. Like, "Why is that car red? Why not blue?" "Why do dogs bark?"

The problem is that these are grown people wasting their life purposely trying to sound stupid on a basketball forum.