Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Does anyone here play a musical instrument (guitar doesn't count)?

Wondering if anyone on here plays brass or woodwind.

Default Re: Does anyone here play a musical instrument (guitar doesn't count)?

Piano.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
    Piano.
    Exactly the man I am looking for!

How would you arrange an E13b9 chord? Assuming you base it off the half whole diminished chord.

I was thinking of playing root-3rd-#11-6-b9?

Why doesn't guitar count?

If you're looking for someone who plays brass or woodwind, then why is a piano player the guy you're looking for?

If you're trying to figure out a chord, why look for a brass or woodwind player? Those instruments can't make chords.

And an E13b9 would be E(root), G#(major third), B(perfect fifth), D(minor seventh), F(flat ninth), A(eleventh), C#(thirteenth)

Banned

i'm actually looking to buy another gibson right now

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    Sexy

what kind and why

The art of playing music and music theory are mutually exclusive concepts. Music theory helps with composing, and it might help with learning how to play it, but it's not exactly mandatory probably even at the highest grade level for piano.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Sexy

what kind and why

i sold my other 3 guitars and gave up playing for a while. looking at another les paul. might start out with a studio again

Banned

this one looks nice. but he's asking 1,400$ canadian

i wouldn't pay more than 1,000

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Why doesn't guitar count?

If you're looking for someone who plays brass or woodwind, then why is a piano player the guy you're looking for?

If you're trying to figure out a chord, why look for a brass or woodwind player? Those instruments can't make chords.

And an E13b9 would be E(root), G#(major third), B(perfect fifth), D(minor seventh), F(flat ninth), A(eleventh), C#(thirteenth)
    I just want to know what variant of the chord makes it sound the prettiest. Also there is no elevent in the half diminished chord, there is only a #11/b5

Guitar doesn't count because everyone plays it and it's a boring instrument.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 72-10
    The art of playing music and music theory are mutually exclusive concepts. Music theory helps with composing, and it might help with learning how to play it, but it's not exactly mandatory probably even at the highest grade level for piano.
    You must not be in the jazz game, then.

I play a mean air guitar

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Another guitar that can sit there gathering dust. You are the biggest poser on this board.

this one looks nice. but he's asking 1,400$ canadian

i wouldn't pay more than 1,000
    That's a Gibson Les Paul

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    You must not be in the jazz game, then.
    No, I do not have jazz training. And classical training is a higher grade level than jazz training.