• Anderson Silva

5 22.73%
  • Other

2 9.09%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The best Fighters of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    No... not best at all. Not even close.

If you put random heavyweights up against the best little 140 lb shits that are champions, the little 140 lb shits would get destroyed.

Best is... who beats everyone else in a fight? Certainly no little runts that are weighing 140-160 lbs, lol.

Change that word "regarding" to 'relative to'... then we can have a discussion. But you aren't interested in who the best overall is. You're interested in discussing who has the most skill relative to their size... but that's not the same thing as best. Like literally not even close. They aren't the same discussion.
    Bruce Lee would destroy anyone you could ever name that's not 140-160 lbs. GTFO with that shit.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    Bruce Lee would destroy anyone you could ever name that's not 140-160 lbs. GTFO with that shit.
    I don't know enough about Bruce Lee to comment and sure maybe he could be in the conversation, I really don't know.

But some of the names this guy put in there couldn't **** with most competent heavyweights... that was my point.

It's not impossible for a lighter guy to exist that can take out heavyweights... but nobody that he listed that was floating around 180 or less would touch someone like Fedor.

My point still stands that OP is more interested in talking about skill relative to weight class, not who is actually better.

The idea of Anderson Silva or GSP taking out Fedor is a joke.

The Indian known as "Great Gama" should get a mention. He was one of Bruce Lee's biggest inspirations, since he copied lots of stuff out of his training regime. Despite not being too large, he went undefeated for literally decades and, after having established his dominance, it was hard for him to find any opponents to challenge him at all. He started challenging others, including 20 wrestlers to fight against him one after the other, promising he'd beat all 20 of them and still was getting rejected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Gama

Are you sure about that?

gentlemen!

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Did Bruce Lee ever have a real competitive sanctioned fight? Or was he just an actor?

Prime Karelin would destroy all of these dudes, a heavyweight as nimble as any middleweight while strong as a wild bull.

Stipe would pretty much destroy anyone on that list. The loss to DC was a fluke, that's why DC won't give him a rematch. Stipe just had a kid so he wasn't fully into the fight. What's comical is that Stipe's first passion is being a fire fighter. MMA is way down on his list. He was kicking everyone's ass who's primary passion is MMA and he was doing it on their best day. Imagine if he actually took it seriously.
    the only reason I dont consider Stipe higher was he lost to friggin Stefan Struve, and almost lost to Overeem who would have won if he went all in when he knockdown Stipe, they his glass chin met Stipe's punch. Although he was impressive against Naganou. I think the best HW aside from Fedor would be Cain Velasquez but Cain's body just doesnt hold out.

I think Prime Anderson Silva, Cain, Fedor, and GSP should always be in talks about GOAT.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    Did Bruce Lee ever have a real competitive sanctioned fight? Or was he just an actor?
    Just an actor. He would be destroyed by almost any current professional mma fighter if you could bring back prime Bruce with a time machine. He was ahead of his time for sure but most of what you hear about Bruce is just mythical bullshit because nobody knew what mma was when Bruce was around, so people talked about him like he was a god because he was doing shit nobody had ever seen.

Banned

lol@ all the blacks ITT voting for a cheater

racism is blinding

Matt Mitrione could literally easily physically dissassemble Georges St. Pierre with his bare hands.

People really need to be realistic about size.
    The average stocky plumber over 6ft and over 200lbs would take him down & end Floyd Mayweather's life on the ground. Ignoranmt people and women seem to have great difficulty guaging just how disproportionately deadly us large males are to any average sized human, much less some manlet.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc.
    Just an actor. He would be destroyed by almost any current professional mma fighter if you could bring back prime Bruce with a time machine. He was ahead of his time for sure but most of what you hear about Bruce is just mythical bullshit because nobody knew what mma was when Bruce was around, so people talked about him like he was a god because he was doing shit nobody had ever seen.
    Preface: I love bruce Lee as a person, a public figure, and entertainer. But he is a very small man. 5'7"-5'8" and 135-140lbs.

Unpopular opinion, yet true:

At 6'5" 220, with a 6'8" wingspan, a moderate kickboxing background and build similar to Arron Aflalo, I would tackle Bruce Lee and end his life on the ground from side control, without excessive difficulty.

Change my mind.

Cali Love

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    Preface: I love bruce Lee as a person, a public figure, and entertainer. But he is a very small man. 5'7"-5'8" and 135-140lbs.

Unpopular opinion, yet true:

At 6'5" 220, with a 6'8" wingspan, a moderate kickboxing background and build similar to Arron Aflalo, I would tackle Bruce Lee and end his life on the ground from side control, without excessive difficulty.

Change my mind.
    No you wouldn't

Bruce Lee would take out your heart...eat it and shit it back out in your mouth.

You can be 7'9 for all I care

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    No you wouldn't

Bruce Lee would take out your heart...eat it and shit it back out in your mouth.

You can be 7'9 for all I care
    You are either a small man yourself, or have not seen the realities of the least talented least athletic heavyweight in the facility EASILY DESTROYING the best 140lber after said 140lb er talks shit.

There is a very specific reason weight classes exist. Because if they did not, almost no man under 185lbs would ever win a single fight except by freak accident.

Weight classes allow manlet fans to imagine men their size being champions/the best/etc.

It's an artifical reality, manufactured to get you to cough up money like suckers.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    You are either a small man yourself, or have not seen the realities of the least talented least athletic heavyweight in the facility EASILY DESTROYING the best 140lber after said 140lb er talks shit.

There is a very specific reason weight classes exist. Because if they did not, almost no man under 185lbs would ever win a single fight except by freak accident.

Weight classes allow manlet fans to imagine men their size being champions/the best/etc.

It's an artifical reality, manufactured to get you to cough up money like suckers.

Bingo.

Well, to be fair though... a lot of the lighter guys have an extreme level of skill... but there's no way that any of them would beat the heavyweights that also have skill... even if the skill of the lighter guy was higher.

Anyone that thinks that size doesn't matter in fighting should watch Shaq vs De La Hoya... granted, they were wearing protective gear and it was a TV show, but still...

Skill isn't the question in the OP... he said... "who's the best fighter?" and I guarantee it's nobody under 190 lbs...

As I've repeatedly said, guys like GSP and Silva would get absolutely destroyed against competent heavyweights.