Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Howard would test free agency even if traded to Lakers?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Well I suggested Gasol + Barnes for Scola+Lowry+Thabeet trade before, not sure if it would happen?
    Once again, trading Gasol to the Rockets depended on Nene being picked up. That didn't happen.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Bullshit, he's not leaving $30M on the table to be Deron's puppy. If he goes to a good situation he's staying.
    but whats a good situation? kobe and bunch of trash? i dont think so

he perfers to Deron's puppy rather than a guy who has won 5chips. you can tell how fcuked up that thinking is

No, just logical. If he gets sent to a bad situation, yes, he may leave. he's not leaving LA and one of the league's premier teams that fulfills his total wishlist and $30M so Deron can hug him every morning.

If he gets to FA, i think Nets would be #1 choice, But the thought he'd ONLY extend with them is fantasy.

He should at least agree to the final year of his current contract, a la CP3.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan

he perfers to Deron's puppy rather than a guy who has won 5chips. you can tell how fcuked up that thinking is
    thats why i think its bullshit. anyone who claims to know exactly what he is thinking is just speculating.

I rule the local playground returnofthemack's Avatar

Cavs Owner and FO is to blame for it. we dont know what happened inside.
    your absolutely right. there is plenty of blame to go around. they should have seen through his shit and traded him to whomever for picks.

on the other hand lebron should have been a man and told everyone he wanted to go to miami.

Well I suggested Gasol + Barnes for Scola+Lowry+Thabeet trade before, not sure if it would happen?
    Houston's not moving Lowry.

They declined the option on Flynn, and are shopping him.
    Goran Dragic expires and likely will consider bigger deals in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    the lakers problem isnt the center position... or even the pg position believe it or not

its the offensive system. they built their team based on the triangle... a slow smart offensive system where passing creates open shots for everyone on the floor

right now it takes them 15 seconds just to get into a play. then it ends up being a contested shot by either kobe or someone else... and the only time its wide open is if gasol or artest are shooting a three pointer

the proof is in the consecutive under 100 point streak.

its just a flawed system and if they got a pg then it might help a little. but then you factor in that most great pg's need an athletic team to keep up with them.. the lakers are slow

they need to get back to the triangle. or trade 90% of the players on their team

Yes... it is one of our biggest problems.

A terrible PG rotation
    with a terrible SF rotation
    and adding on to what you said = Lakers problem. It's such a messed up shithole at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    No, just logical. If he gets sent to a bad situation, yes, he may leave. he's not leaving LA and one of the league's premier teams that fulfills his total wishlist and $30M so Deron can hug him every morning.

If he gets to FA, i think Nets would be #1 choice, But the thought he'd ONLY extend with them is fantasy.
    Well he's going to extend with whichever team that has a superstar pass-first PG. Id say Nets, Mavs and Celtics belong to this list, Bulls have a great PG too but Rose does not pass the ball to the big men very often.

Because at some point very soon Kobe will be carried by Dwight, or Kobe's ego will let him retire than to be an "aging sidekick". Mike Brown isn't exactly a coach any player is dying to play for, and the Lakers' cap space is ****ed up for the next 3 years. In the meantime, Jim Buss is directing the team's future.

Deron & Dwight are around the same age. Realistically, a duo like that in their prime could get another 5-7 good years together competing for a Title.

Well he's going to extend with whichever team that has a superstar pass-first PG. Id say Nets, Mavs and Celtics belong to this list, Bulls have a great PG too but Rose does not pass the ball to the big men very often.

lol if that big man is noah then nobody would either. depends on who he plays with

lol if that big man is noah then nobody would either. depends on who he plays with
    lol thats a solid point Id say. The Lakers need a passer too on their team in order to lure Dwight to stay, Calderon is a good choice but not sure if Dwight likes him or not.

Dwight will never extend in Boston, nor does Boston have the trade assets to acquire him.

Its a longshot by Boston fans looking to avoid a bleak future.

and i disagree and think Larry Coon is pulling it out of his ass, as i think of Stephen A saying Knicks are talking to Magic, or any of the various reports that have him "only" agreeing to one team or another.

He had a whole list of things he wanted, and LA fulfills all of them and NY not so much. Asking me to believe NJ is his only option and LA not at all is something i don't believe.

$30M is a lot of money to leave on the table just to upgrade from good to slightly better situation.

lol thats a solid point Id say. The Lakers need a passer too on their team in order to lure Dwight to stay, Calderon is a good choice but not sure if Dwight likes him or not.
    a passer who can hit the open shot but foremost he should atleast defend a chair on which i am sitting on

I bet Calderon cant guard even that.