Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Is Jason Kidd a top 5 PG of all time?

I think that player wise, he can be argued. However, he may never has the career to stack up against the likes of Isiah, Stockton, Frazier etc.

Bonus Question: Is he better than Thomas and Stockton?

I want to see your thoughts on this one. I can't explain.

Edit: Could you list your top 5 PG lists as well?
    Last edited by PTB Fan; 01-28-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Banned

Default Re: Is Jason Kidd a top 5 PG of all time?

No.

Magic
    Oscar
    Frazier
    Isiah
    Stockton
    Nash

are all better than him. You could argue Payton as well but I go back and fourth between Payton and Kidd.

Of course he has a case. After Magic,Isiah,Oscar and Isiah guys like Payton , Nash and Kidd can all make cases.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    No.

Magic
    Oscar
    Frazier
    Isiah
    Stockton
    Nash

are all better than him. You could argue Payton as well but I go back and fourth between Payton and Kidd.
    What are your arguments on Isiah and Stockton being better? I want to see some opinions, that's all.

Yes. A lot of things he does don't show up in the box score. He's a master at running and controlling the pace of an offense.

Also one of the best fast break players ever.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    Of course he has a case. After Magic,Isiah,Oscar and Isiah guys like Payton , Nash and Kidd can all make cases.
    Magic and Oscar are pretty much #1 and #2 (some may argue vice versa) without a doubt. Then the rest is all debatable. What's your top 5?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PTB Fan
    What are your arguments on Isiah and Stockton being better? I want to see some opinions, that's all.
    Isiah should be obvious, he won two championships and as the best player in those two. Isiah also won a Finals MVP in one of them. Isiah had a take over mentality that neither Stockton or Kidd had which is why he is better than both of them. He had a take over mentality similar to Jordan, Bird, Kobe, etc. Isiah is always near the top of the list when it comes to killer instinct.

Stockton was just a better player than Kidd. The only thing Kidd did better than Stockton was rebound and rebounding is one of the last things I am looking for in a PG. Stockton was a great shooter and super efficient while Kidd was pretty much the opposite. Teams would leave Kidd dead open for a reason and they called him Ason Kidd for a reason too.

Kidd pretty much has no argument over Stockton or Isiah. He does have a solid argument over Nash I guess but it's not an argument I agree with at all.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I don't care that Nash is a two-time MVP, he's not better than Kidd. At the very least, not definitively.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    I don't care that Nash is a two-time MVP, he's not better than Kidd. At the very least, not definitively.
    He's the most efficent pg in history, by far the most 50/40/90 seasons out of any player(The only one with more than 1 besides Nash is Larry Bird) 13 seasons shooting at least 40% from three, 6 seasons shooting at least 50% from the filed and 2nd all time in free throw percent and only one of two people in history to have a percent above 90% for their career( I think ) and he's the best shooting pg of all time whiles being one of the top 4 players ever in terms of courtvision and passing ability( Along with Kidd) . He's a multiple time mvp whiles he constantly lead the suns to a top 3 offense nearly every year. Definitly has a case

That being said it goes like this for me.

Magic
    Oscar
    Isiah
    Stockton/Fraizer
    Kidd
    Payton
    Nash

Yea i think Kidd is a top 5 PG of all time.

Local High School Star

Isiah should be obvious, he won two championships and as the best player in those two. Isiah also won a Finals MVP in one of them. Isiah had a take over mentality that neither Stockton or Kidd had which is why he is better than both of them. He had a take over mentality similar to Jordan, Bird, Kobe, etc. Isiah is always near the top of the list when it comes to killer instinct.

Stockton was just a better player than Kidd. The only thing Kidd did better than Stockton was rebound and rebounding is one of the last things I am looking for in a PG. Stockton was a great shooter and super efficient while Kidd was pretty much the opposite. Teams would leave Kidd dead open for a reason and they called him Ason Kidd for a reason too.

Kidd pretty much has no argument over Stockton or Isiah. He does have a solid argument over Nash I guess but it's not an argument I agree with at all.
    Thanks for the post. I appreciate this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will

Magic
    Oscar
    Isiah
    Stockton/Fraizer
    Kidd
    Payton
    Nash

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Highly overrated in my mind. Not a highly intelligent player which you definitely need from your pg. The fact that he shot as much as he did when he couldn't shoot takes him out of any conversation as far as I'm concerned.

No.

Magic
    Oscar
    Frazier
    Isiah
    Stockton
    Nash

Id agree with the top 5 but no way Nash is better than Kidd. In fact, Nash is NOT a top 10 PG of all time but you are ranking him at 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Id agree with the top 5 but no way Nash is better than Kidd. In fact, Nash is NOT a top 10 PG of all time but you are ranking him at 6.
    You constantly told me Chris Paul is the best player in the leauge yet you're telling me Nash isn't a top 10 pg.

Clearly when it comes to judging pg's you fail