Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Do you feel superior to your IRL friends when it comes to NBA discussion?

Something is missing from that pic.

Plz no ban just jokes.

Banned

Default Re: Do you feel superior to your IRL friends when it comes to NBA discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Go fetch me a beer boy. I'm living rent free.
    Beer? Your not even old enough to go outside without your mom bitching at u

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Something is missing from that pic.

Plz no ban just jokes.

rank sentamentalist

yea but its not cuz im all that savvy or anything

I feel superior in general to just about everyone, the exceptions being my father and my boss. I haven't surpassed them yet, in terms of basketball discussion, I am known as a borderline savant and have a very high reputation among my friends and family.

I knew there'd be some funny in this. So enough braggers here, but I have a question along the lines of talking about the difference between ish and real life.

Are there any other fan bases on ish that don't match up at all w ISH? I grew up w and am around real life nugs fans, but the disconnect between all real world nugs fans I know and the ish nuggets fans is night and day. I have taken a break from talking nugs on ish because I have no idea where the posters are coming from. During the Carmelo about to be traded times actual nugs fans I talked to where generally of similar opinions. But ish "nugs fans" had a completely different mindset

Does anyone else see a disconnect between their favorite team and the ish crowd about that team?

I only have a couple friends who can hang with me in NBA discussions.

i feel superior to irl friends and jameer on ish

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive
    Yes. Most people are just casual fans who bullshit their way through sports discussions, and regurgitate whatever storyline they heard on ESPN last week.
    Pretty much this. I've only ever had two or three close friends who I could completely nerd out with when it came to sports. Plenty of others that are fun to just kick back and watch a game with, but they don't really give enough of a shit about the really in-depth stuff, or they just try to bullshit their way through convos with tired, generic ESPN headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    I knew there'd be some funny in this. So enough braggers here, but I have a question along the lines of talking about the difference between ish and real life.

Are there any other fan bases on ish that don't match up at all w ISH? I grew up w and am around real life nugs fans, but the disconnect between all real world nugs fans I know and the ish nuggets fans is night and day. I have taken a break from talking nugs on ish because I have no idea where the posters are coming from. During the Carmelo about to be traded times actual nugs fans I talked to where generally of similar opinions. But ish "nugs fans" had a completely different mindset

Does anyone else see a disconnect between their favorite team and the ish crowd about that team?
    nope, warriors fans around here are generally like what i see on ISH

Very good NBA starter

No, some of my friends are actually really knowledgable about basketball and talking to them makes me wonder if they actually post here

Yeah I do actually. A lot of them are casual watchers who will follow certain players or teams. Most of them know the big things that happen (trades, injuries, etc.). I think I only know one guy who'd debate with me the finer points of winshares or how Tom Thibodeau's system changed how defenses work. And I don't think any of them would discuss with me why I think Bob Pettit should be ranked higher than Rick Barry.

Local High School Star Combat Wombat's Avatar

Honestly I'm the smartest irl fan I know.
    That's because you don't interact with anyone irl, you fcuking pedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Wombat
    That's because you don't interact with anyone irl, you fcuking pedo.
    Rent. Free.

Local High School Star Combat Wombat's Avatar

Rent. Free.