Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Jordan CLEARLY had less help in 1998 Finals than Lebron's current team

Pippen:[COLOR="White"]..[/COLOR] 15.0 PPG
    Kukoc:[COLOR="White"]....[/COLOR]15.0 PPG
    Harper:[COLOR="White"]...[/COLOR]5.3 PPG
    Longley:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 5.0 PPG
    Kerr:[COLOR="white"].....[/COLOR] 3.8 PPG

Mosgov:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 13.4 PPG
    Smith:[COLOR="White"]...[/COLOR] 10.0 PPG
    Tristan:[COLOR="White"]..[/COLOR] 9.0 PPG, 13.0 RPG
    M Della:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 8.8 PPG
    Shump:[COLOR="White"]..[/COLOR] 6.2 PPG

In case you're wondering, Rodman averaged 3 PPG and 8 RPG in the 1998 Finals, so he didn't make the list..

Rodman averaged the same stats for the ENTIRE 1997 playoffs as well, including the Finals - MJ's help in 1997 was actually just as weak as his help in 1998.. Keep in mind, the 1998 Utah Jazz had a lower playoff DRtg than anything Lebron ever faced in the Finals.

Also, MJ averaged 10.6 and 10.3 points in the 4th quarter of the 1997 and 1998 Finals, respectively, good for 3rd and 4th all time, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.. I guess it's no surprise that the MJ was forced to produce so much in the 4th against such a great team, in such close games, and with such a horrible cast.
    Last edited by 3ball; 06-16-2015 at 05:36 PM.

Default Re: Jordan CLEARLY had less help in 1998 Finals than Lebron's current team

Everyone wants to be like Mike but it's easier said than done.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Re: Jordan CLEARLY had less help in 1998 Finals than Lebron's current team

3ball, my man. whats up with all these painfully repetitive threads? are you trying to prove to yourself what youre saying is true? or to the other posters on this site? either way, no one cares.

In today's game, the paint is empty with zero defenders.. Defenders must guard weakside 3-pointers, so they must position themselves on the far weakside BEHIND the paint, and furthest from helping on the strongside:

In previous eras, the paint was NEVER empty with zero defenders - defenders didn't have to guard weakside 3-pointers, so all defenders remained on the strongside and/or in the paint, and therefore closest to help on strongside action:

Being closer to help is the ultimate effect of no-spacing.. Whereas spacing makes defenders help from further away, so they are late, rather than waiting.

Btw, even though Lebron enjoys strongside clearouts where all help defenders are furthest away from the strongside as possible, Lebron is only shooting 32.5% on isolations in these playoffs.. Lebron's low isolation efficiency is destroying his overall FG% in these playoffs, since isolations are the thing he does most often - he isolates on 33.5% of his possessions, #1 in the league!

could you also put up the points per game of the utah jazz team members as well

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    In today's game, the paint is empty with zero defenders.. Defenders must guard weakside 3-pointers, so they must position themselves on the far weakside BEHIND the paint, and furthest from helping on the strongside:

In previous eras, the paint was NEVER empty with zero defenders - defenders didn't have to guard weakside 3-pointers, so all defenders remained on the strongside and/or in the paint, and therefore closest to help on strongside action:

Being closer to help is the ultimate effect of no-spacing.. Whereas spacing makes defenders help from further away, so they are late, rather than waiting.

Btw, even though Lebron enjoys strongside clearouts where all help defenders are furthest away from the strongside as possible, Lebron is only shooting 32.5% on isolations in these playoffs.. Lebron's low isolation efficiency is destroying his overall FG% in these playoffs, since isolations are the thing he does most often - he isolates on 33.5% of his possessions, #1 in the league!

Last edited by Kvnzhangyay; 06-16-2015 at 05:41 PM.

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    3ball, my man. whats up with all these painfully repetitive threads? are you trying to prove to yourself what youre saying is true? or to the other posters on this site? either way, no one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Pippen:[COLOR="White"]..[/COLOR] 15.0 PPG
    Kukoc:[COLOR="White"]....[/COLOR]15.0 PPG
    Harper:[COLOR="White"]...[/COLOR]5.3 PPG
    Longley:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 5.0 PPG
    Kerr:[COLOR="white"].....[/COLOR] 3.8 PPG

Mosgov:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 13.4 PPG
    Smith:[COLOR="White"]...[/COLOR] 10.0 PPG
    Tristan:[COLOR="White"]..[/COLOR] 9.0 PPG, 13.0 RPG
    M Della:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 8.8 PPG
    Shump:[COLOR="White"]..[/COLOR] 6.2 PPG

In case you're wondering, Rodman averaged 3 PPG and 8 RPG in the 1998 Finals, so he didn't make the list..

Rodman averaged the same stats for the ENTIRE 1997 playoffs as well, including the Finals - MJ's help in 1997 was actually just as weak as his help in 1998.. Keep in mind, the 1998 Utah Jazz had a lower playoff DRtg than anything Lebron ever faced in the Finals.

Also, MJ averaged 10.6 and 10.3 points in the 4th quarter of the 1997 and 1998 Finals, respectively, good for 3rd and 4th all time, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.. I guess it's no surprise that the MJ was forced to produce so much in the 4th against such a great team, in such close games, and with such a horrible cast.
    PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE

National High School Star

This thread has to be a joke

Lebald has a stacked team and only faces ISOs with mediocre defenders compared to Jordan's era

It's mind boggling that he can't shoot 40%

Holy shit, LeBron would kill to have Pippen and Kukoc on this team.

That Bulls team is WAY better than the Cavs

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Holy shit, LeBron would kill to have Pippen and Kukoc on this team.

That Bulls team is WAY better than the Cavs
    He totally left out Rodman too

Pippen put up 16/7/5 in those finals. Nobody on the Cavs team comes close to that, especially considering Pippen is the GOAT perimeter defender

Now, this is a story all about how
    My life got flipped-turned upside down
    And I'd like to take a minute
    Just sit right there
    I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air

In west Philadelphia born and raised
    On the playground was where I spent most of my days
    Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
    And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school
    When a couple of guys who were up to no good
    Started making trouble in my neighborhood
    I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
    She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'
    I begged and pleaded with her day after day
    But she packed my suit case and sent me on my way
    She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket.
    I put my Walkman on and said, 'I might as well kick it'.
    First class, yo this is bad
    Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass.
    Is this what the people of Bel-Air living like?
    Hmmmmm this might be alright.
    But wait I hear they're prissy, bourgeois, all that
    Is this the type of place that they just send this cool cat?
    I don't think so
    I'll see when I get there
    I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air
    Well, the plane landed and when I came out
    There was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out
    I ain't trying to get arrested yet
    I just got here
    I sprang with the quickness like lightning, disappeared
    I whistled for a cab and when it came near
    The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
    If anything I could say that this cab was rare
    But I thought 'Nah, forget it' - 'Yo, home to Bel Air'
    I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
    And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo home smell ya later'
    I looked at my kingdom
    I was finally there
    To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth

He totally left out Rodman too
    Rodman averaged 3 PPG and 8 RPG in the 1998 Finals, so he didn't make the list..