Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Default Re: LA Times report Lakers want Joakim noah in Pau deal.

Deng for Gasol straight up is the only trade that is realistic and I'd actually want from Chicago. Unless it's Rose which is impossible.

Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose Clocian-IGN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    I'd rather get Taj Gibson personally. Maybe Taj, Asik, Deng for Gasol.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I still don't understand the "quantity over quality" approach the Lakers would be taking in all these rumours. Gasol is better than anyone not named Rose from the Bulls. I don't see any point of replacing Gasol with an inferior player like Noah who isn't any better of a "fit". Deng I guess would fit but the Bulls would need to throw more in plus it seems like they like Deng for whatever magical intangibles he brings.

There isn't a "Pau to Chicago" deal that makes sense for the Lakers value or fit wise.

please, I'm begging you guys

explain to me how Gasoft is better than Deng. You understand Deng is the best perimeter defender in the league outside of Lebron James right?

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

I still don't understand the "quantity over quality" approach the Lakers would be taking in all these rumours. Gasol is better than anyone not named Rose from the Bulls. I don't see any point of replacing Gasol with an inferior player like Noah who isn't any better of a "fit". Deng I guess would fit but the Bulls would need to throw more in plus it seems like they like Deng for whatever magical intangibles he brings.

There isn't a "Pau to Chicago" deal that makes sense for the Lakers value or fit wise.
    Boozer & Deng for Gasol & Barnes.

Boozer+Asik is more than enough for Gasol. If they don't like it, we can throw in CJ Watson for Blake, but that's about it.

Gasol is not an elite defender, not an elite shooter, and is old. Stop the overrating.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    He's DEFINITELY not the same Gasol that won 2 rings, that's for damn sure.
    the difference you are seeing is the emergence of Bynum. Bynum is getting more shots and more rebounds, as Gasol moves out to the elbow. Keep in mind, they are all still trying to operate within a new offense and are only just beginning to gel.
    Looking at Gasols stats, he is still getting over 10 boards, still shooting over 50%, still in the 16 to 17 ppg range. All that with the emerging Bynum and new system.

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117
    I am not sure if you're just trolling or retarded

Deng is a career 16 ppg scorer who is shooting 43% from 3 point range this season. Defensively he's absolutely phenomenal and he can pass as well if he needs to. Deng is also 26

Gasol is the same offensive producer as Deng except that he's 31 years old and plays mediocre defense

DENG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gasol

Someone who makes sense and isnt a raving Bulls fanatic. Gasol > Deng and Noah. Boozer is garbage with an awful contract and even Jim Buss isnt looney enough to sign off on these ridiculous trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    I'd rather get Taj Gibson personally. Maybe Taj, Asik, Deng for Gasol.

Holy shit....do Lakers fans really think that is a fair trade or would even by considered by the Bulls FO????!!!!!!

The Bulls wouldn't trade Deng for Gasol straight up!

I think Lakers fans are forgetting that the Bulls don't need to make a trade whatsoever, especially since they are again the 1 seed currently in the East.

Meanwhile the Lakers are probably not contenders w/ out upgrading at least the PG position and also the SF position.

Im not talking shit, just telling it like it is. The Lakers and their fans are so use to getting their way they are delusional. NOT ALL LAKERS FANS, just most of you in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Boozer+Asik is more than enough for Gasol. If they don't like it, we can throw in CJ Watson for Blake, but that's about it.

Gasol is not an elite defender, not an elite shooter, and is old. Stop the overrating.
    so what is Boozer, then?
    Asik? whatever.
    CJ Watson for Blake? Well, we can't pass THAT up!

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117
    please, I'm begging you guys

explain to me how Gasoft is better than Deng. You understand Deng is the best perimeter defender in the league outside of Lebron James right?
    And you do understand that Pau Gasol is a better and more efficient scorer than Deng, a good rebounder for his size/position and a very smart offensive player when it comes to spacing and moving the ball, right?

Decent playground baller NBA2k-Monster23's Avatar

The main thing is this the Lakers have to trade Gasol. He is making too much money and the more we are over the Luxury tax the more we get penalized because of the CBA. For the future, It will be hard to rebuild the team when you are over the cap because you can't bring players in. With Gasol and Kobe making all that money there is no way we can do it. If Gasol doesn't get traded by the deadline the same problem is going to present itself next year. When free agency opens and draft roles around the Lakers will still be shopping Gasol. That's the main reason they are trying to do it now so they can get more value.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    Gasol > Deng and Noah.

So 2 of the best defensive players in the league who average combined 25 ppg and are very young for a 31 year old who averages 16 ppg and is a mediocre defender?

Yea that makes sense

College star

Gasol > Noah

ESPECIALLY when you already have Bynum.

Horrible trade for the Lakers, but I'm sure they know that. This is probably just another fabricated rumor.

And whoever said Boozer and Watson for Gasol needs to put the pipe down. Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Any trade that doesn't bring Deng to LA doesn't occur, because Mitch hangs up the phone.