Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Carlos Boozer's Upcoming Season

What do people think of Boozer's upcoming season? Will he be helpful? Discuss in detail your predictions.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Default Re: Carlos Boozer's Upcoming Season

Depends on the coaching, if Booze gets his touches he'll definitely average at least 19/20 points a game with 8/10 rebounds. All we can hope is he improves his defense.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosBoozer
    Depends on the coaching, if Booze gets his touches he'll definitely average at least 19/20 points a game with 8/10 rebounds. All we can hope is he improves his defense.
    I feel like with the current roster, he might be relied on to shoot about 15-20 shots a game. I hope he's up for the challenge. This team will need scorers.

Lakers have been rumored to possibly add Beasley too. That would be a nice offensive addition. This team will probably have no problem with scoring. Defense will be something to work on though. I wonder how Byron will preach in that area.

I too think Boozer will probably average around 18 points per game, and will probably average less rebounds while he lets J-Hill do all the work there lol.

Default Re: 2014-2015 Season Predictions

Can Jordan Hill stay healthy though? He seems to have durability issues..

If he gets injured or something, Boozer will have to take over primary rebounding duties. Unfortunately, Boozer cannot play C like Gasol could so that that will be an issue to deal with.

I don't believe Sacre will ever be somebody that can start at C on a decent team.. He is a quality backup that can give you decent 15 mins a game or 20 max.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Can Jordan Hill stay healthy though? He seems to have durability issues..

If he gets injured or something, Boozer will have to take over primary rebounding duties. Unfortunately, Boozer cannot play C like Gasol could so that that will be an issue to deal with.

I don't believe Sacre will ever be somebody that can start at C on a decent team.. He is a quality backup that can give you decent 15 mins a game or 20 max.
    I don't distinctly remember Jordan hill as someone who has durability issues. Of course, anyone who plays down low in a very physical NBA, would probably be susceptible to injuries more than those who prefer to shoot threes.

Thankfully we have Ed Davis and Julius Randle. This team is definitely loaded with young bigs.

Oh I forgot about Ed Davis. I don't really know the guy, and I don't think I ever saw him play. Is he a good center? Seems like he always played limited minutes

Oh I forgot about Ed Davis. I don't really know the guy, and I don't think I ever saw him play. Is he a good center? Seems like he always played limited minutes
    It seems to me he just got unlucky wherever he went because other bigs were already polished and more "ready".

The main forum says the lakers got him at a great deal and there is some sort of possibility that he can actually break out. Not sure how that can happen seeing that there are too many bigs already on this team. But he won't be an "end of the bench" guy from what it sounds like.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    I don't distinctly remember Jordan hill as someone who has durability issues. Of course, anyone who plays down low in a very physical NBA, would probably be susceptible to injuries more than those who prefer to shoot threes.

Thankfully we have Ed Davis and Julius Randle. This team is definitely loaded with young bigs.
    I remember whining about Hill's lack of playing time under MDA, but GTS did a little research and concluded that Hill usually gets injured after playing long minutes for like 12 straight games or so....

I thought I was the only one who didn't know much about Davis, cuz several posters here were ecstasic of him coming over. So I youtubed him, got hops but also have inconsistent playing time which lead me to think that he might have some issues with "mental weaknesses" or lack of discipline etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    What do people think of Boozer's upcoming season? Will he be helpful? Discuss in detail your predictions.
    Booze seemed to thrive with really good PGs like Rose, Derron Williams, using pick and rolls or pops. Im not sure Lin has mastered that scheme but Im hoping Nash can tutor Jeremy on how to execute it properly.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

He's good if you want him to be a typical center he's decent at most aspects but master of none in a way, he can block shots, he can rebound, he can score in the paint outside not really, he's just inconsistent with how he plays is the problem. I'm pretty happy with getting him, although he's not the biggest center I've always thought he was a power forward but he's kind of now by default listed at center/size of a PF but plays like a C, he hasn't had the most luck in terms of minutes and the like, he's never really played starting minutes most he's played is probably 23-24 minutes a game, Memphis was a situation where he was only ever going to be a backup. He lacks polish/versatility has been why he hasn't played enough, he's probably the Lakers best option by default almost as a rim protector, kind of out of him and Hill both are kind of similar in some ways but yeah I'd think Ed is the best rim protector on the team, I think it's a good pickup, he just hasn't made the development or progress he should have but his potential is still appealing. He isn't the scoring type really and he can make you question some of the things on the court but if he puts it all together he can be a very good player it's just he never has for one reason or another. He's rather similar to Hill, Davis is the better rim protector Hill is the better rebounder, both inconsistent/questionable on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I thought I was the only one who didn't know much about Davis, cuz several posters here were ecstasic of him coming over. So I youtubed him, got hops but also have inconsistent playing time which lead me to think that he might have some issues with "mental weaknesses" or lack of discipline etc.
    I didn't post here but I was quite happy, it's a combination of inconsistency and bad situations, he'll probably never be a star or anything like that but he can be a good contributor, he was underrated in Toronto/didn't get as much as he could have started a lot of games one season then kind of dwindled/as soon as they drafted Valanciunas in 2012 he was very expendable then Memphis played him even less (wasn't going to get as many minutes there unfortunately). Overall he hasn't helped himself by being offensively limited (he can be good close to the rim but inconsistent overall) but the situations were never great either, either bad teams or too much competition for spots.

Banned

16/10 for Boozer with awful defense and lots of yelling

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    16/10 for Boozer with awful defense and lots of yelling