Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Default Really? Ferry is a racist?

For saying Deng has some african in him, when he CLEARLY DOES.

Hawks were on the right track. Gearon ****ed up everything. I hope he gets hit in the head by a hawk's beak.

FERRY EVEN WAS GOING HARD AFTER DENG TOO!

But players wanna get offended and shit like this was anything as bad as sterling.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Really? Ferry is a racist?

Atlanta Hawk Fan

Ferry has a little American in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    For saying Deng has some african in him, when he CLEARLY DOES.

Hawks were on the right track. Gearon ****ed up everything. I hope he gets hit in the head by a hawk's beak.

FERRY EVEN WAS GOING HARD AFTER DENG TOO!

But players wanna get offended and shit like this was anything as bad as sterling.
    you just dont get it bro of course its not a big deal to you because you've never experienced racism in your life.

bruh, basically what he's(or the report he was reading) saying is that you can't trust african people. It's racist.

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

He was just going by a scouting report. The fact that he said it so nonchalantly means every GM/owner in the league knows what "a little african" means and it has nothing to do with race but clubhouse/media attitude. Players who spill secrets to the media and then say they never said it, players who talk a lot of shit in the locker room amongst players but act like the good guy around coaches and owners. Those types of players are two-faced and they call them "african" to compare them with Nigerian e-mail scammers. Any white player can "have a little african" in them too if they are two-faced like that.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamwarrior
    He was just going by a scouting report. The fact that he said it so nonchalantly means every GM/owner in the league knows what "a little african" means and it has nothing to do with race but clubhouse/media attitude. Players who spill secrets to the media and then say they never said it, players who talk a lot of shit in the locker room amongst players but act like the good guy around coaches and owners. Those types of players are two-faced and they call them "african" to compare them with Nigerian e-mail scammers. Any white player can "have a little african" in them too if they are two-faced like that.

What the hell does talking behind someone's back have anything to do with a nigerian e-mail scam.....no more post for you bro

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out

What the hell does talking behind someone's back have anything to do with a nigerian e-mail scam.....no more post for you bro
    I guess you didn't read the scouting report

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    bruh, basically what he's(or the report he was reading) saying is that you can't trust african people. It's racist.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't African countries like Nigeria known to be like the scam artist capital of the world?

Seems to me his use of "African" was in reference to culture, not race. A comment on culture is not a comment on race and therefore a comment not about race obviously is not racist.

How can anyone actually be offended by what Danny Ferry said? LMAO. How sensitive do you have to be?

Tony Parker has a little French in him. Pau Gasol has a little Spanish in him. Luol Deng has a little African in him.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't African countries like Nigeria known to be like the scam artist capital of the world?

Seems to me his use of "African" was in reference to culture, not race. A comment on culture is not a comment on race and therefore a comment not about race obviously is not racist.
    just shut up

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    How can anyone actually be offended by what Danny Ferry said? LMAO. How sensitive do you have to be?

Tony Parker has a little French in him. Pau Gasol has a little Spanish in him. Luol Deng has a little African in him.
    your daughter has a little whore in her.you offended yet?If you never experience a drop of racism in your life dont speak on it

What does that have to do with the individual Luol Deng?

Luol Deng isnt from Nigeria.

And please dont waste everyone's time arguing semantics of words.

In anycase, I still dont understand what he meant by the comment. Is luol deng going to scam them out some money or what?