Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default Re: What would be more embarrassing? First round exit for GSW, or Houston?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7

You f*cking with me cuz? Clippers would be favored in that match-up. Catch up.
    I think it's a fairly even match, but I could see the Clippers taking it, no doubt.

Default Re: What would be more embarrassing? First round exit for GSW, or Houston?

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    You really overuse the "it's not even remotely close" phrase. Just throw it out there like it's nothing.

First of all, yeah OKC does have 2 great players in Westbrook and Durant. The guys around them are also very solid players, which translates them being a very good team. The Warriors on the other hand are the 1st seed for a reason. The conference that they are playing in is historically one of the toughest EVER. Curry and Klay are both stars. The team is #1 in offense AND defense. Bogut is one of the best defensive centers. Green can do a little bit of everything and could potentially win the DPOY. Iggy is another great defender. Lee is an offensive weapon... the list goes on. The Warriors are stacked from top to bottom.

So tell me, why is Houston losing to Clippers worse than Warriors losing to the OKC Thunder? You're underrating the Warriors here. You really are.
    I'm not underrated the Warriors at all. They're without question a top 2 team right now, arguably the best.

But you cannot tell me with a straight face that on an individual basis they can match KD and Westbrook. As phenomenal a team as GS is, if Goatbrook plays like has in recent weeks, and KD plays like he did when he locked his MVP case w/ Westbrook out last winter, it's game over. You cannot stop that duo.

The Clippers have no one on their roster who can singlehandedly take over a series by themselves. CP3 could do it years ago, but he's not at that level, even if he's balling out right now. Blake can dominate but he's not winning a series by himself. Durant and Westbrook in any given series can win it by themselves, because they are that surreal. They can overwhelm teams purely on talent. No other team except probably Cleveland can do that.

If James Harden truly is the MVP and a top 3 player, he should be able to rise above the Clippers.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Warriors by far. They're stacked and losing to an 8th seed is always embarrassing. Houston shouldn't even be in the playoffs considering the amount of injuries they've had. Only reason they're still contenders is because of King James the MVP.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    What if Harden plays well, but they lose?
    If Harden plays at the level he's been at this season I don't see how it's possible for them to lose to the Clippers.

Now, if he plays well and they somehow do lose then it's still embarrassing, just more for the team than just him. Again, if he plays the way he's played this season I don't see how they lose to the Clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    Warriors by far. They're stacked and losing to an 8th seed is always embarrassing. Houston shouldn't even be in the playoffs considering the amount of injuries they've had. Only reason they're still contenders is because of King James the MVP.
    It's not that embarrassing when the 8th seed would have been top 2 if they were healthy all year. Only reason it'd be embarrassing for Golden State is if either Durant or Westbrook were out for the series, but that team has the most potent one two punch in the league

Warriors. They're an actual contender and a first round loss even to OKC would be brutal. If Rockets lose in the first round no one would bat an eye, it's almost expected at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by 24-Inch_Chrome
    If Harden plays at the level he's been at this season I don't see how it's possible for them to lose to the Clippers.

Now, if he plays well and they somehow do lose then it's still embarrassing, just more for the team than just him. Again, if he plays the way he's played this season I don't see how they lose to the Clippers.
    So far the Clippers are 2-1 against the Rockets, one win being without BG

Banned

Shit, really? Wow, that surprises me. How did Harden play in the series?

Nobody gave Dallas passes when they lost in the 1st round to a terrible matchup years ago.

A team like Houston losing to a team like LAC/Portland/Dallas happens every year. The #1 seed with HCA, the possible MVP and a historically great record losing in the 1st round is easily more embarrassing.

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

Gstate people keep saying If westbrook continues to play like this when durant comes back.... Why the Fcuk would westbrook still get 35 shots a game if Durant is there.

I don't think it's embarrassing to lose to anybody in the West. All teams are good and there's so much parity that there's no shame in losing to one of them.

That being said GSW is the first seed and we always expect the 1st to advance and contend.
    Rockets case is different. I don't think anyone thinks they will win it all but Harden needs to have a great playoff run to shut up his critics. If he plays bad again he'll be trashed the whole summer.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by bigt
    It's not that embarrassing when the 8th seed would have been top 2 if they were healthy all year. Only reason it'd be embarrassing for Golden State is if either Durant or Westbrook were out for the series, but that team has the most potent one two punch in the league
    Losing to an eight seed is always embarrassing, period. Doesn't matter if OKC is healthy. I expect the team with 65 regular season Ws and a top 5 player in Curry to beat any other team in the 1st round. There is no way to spin it.

It's championship or bust for GSW. Losing in the 1st round will be the ultimate humiliation.

Houston on the contrary, even though they have the best player in the league can still be beaten in a 7 game series. Losing to a 5th seed isn't as bad as losing to an 8th seed. Pretty simple logic to follow. Not sure why this is even a question tbh.

Harden in those 3 meetings:

16/4/6 on 42% FG, 5 turnovers....L
    9/5/6 on 25% FG, 5 turnovers....L
    21/4/10 on 31% FG, 3 turnovers....W

If "MVP" James Harden showed up, that's 3-0 for Houston.

Poorly. Averaging under 40% FG against the clippers. Even the game the Rockets won (no griffin/howard) he was 4/13

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    H
    If "MVP" James Harden showed up, that's 3-0 for Houston.
    So you're saying that the Rockets winning is entirely dependent on Harden playing well? Doesn't sound like a championship expectation team to me