Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: Reggie Jackson is off to a great start in Detroit

Horrible trade and will only get worse when they give him an undeserved huge deal.

So many good point guards in the league and you end up with that guy? Hell he's not even that much better than, say, Jeremy Lin, if at all.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Reggie Jackson is off to a great start in Detroit

Quote Originally Posted by dontgetchoked
    i cant figure out why on earth detroit would trade for this ugly ass dude. DJ augustine was playing great for them, and he is a better player than reggie jackson and way cheaper. Dj has proven that he can be a starter (and leading scorer) on a playoff team. Jackson has proven that he can chuck like a motherfucker
    I knew very little of Jackson before he arrived in Detroit so it's tough for me to comment on that front. He's shown signs of something neat since the trade but nothing particularly stellar.

To be honest, the biggest issue hasn't been that he can't shoot (though I've seen his 3pt. numbers and they're not great). Rather, the most obvious problem I've seen is the lack of a discernible groove. That is, he seems to often be dive-bombing the rim at the wrong time, pulling up off the dribble in awkward moments... like he's a guy who's really, really over-thinking the game at times. That awful Knicks performance (something like 5-23) wasn't him just bricking shots - he was blocked seven times, a few just by trying hard to make anything happen.

To this point, Stan Van Gundy says this is not a rental situation, so we'll see. He already seems committed to Jackson long-term, but I guess that's also the type of thing a coach would say in the midst of a player's slump at this time of year.