Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Goodbye Rondo...

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    This is just a total rebuild. Expect a lot of losing for the next few years. The next true Celtic franchise player isn't even on the team right now. There are a few guys that should be good players in the future but no one that's going to be elite. It's hard to forecast the future because the team's hopes are now largely in the draft lottery. This feeling is why I didn't even want to watch last year until Rondoreturned and now that he's gone I honestly don't know who's worth watching. I'm going to give it a shot, see what Smart can do but if we hit February with Jameer Nelson starting I'm going to start watching a lot more NCAA so I can try and guess who Ainge picks for the next franchise guy.
    Silly RMWG, we all know that no one can predict Ainge's draft choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    By the way, when are those first-round picks? They could be big if they're in years time after Dirk retires, Chandler is in his late 30s or retired and Rondo is in his mid-30s or gone to a different team.

You never know, this could turn out like the Nets.
    Mav's first round pick this year is sent to us if the Mavs are at spots 4-14 in the draft. If not, the Mav's first round pick in 2016 belongs to us unless it is a top 7 pick. Second round pick in 2015 is given to us with no protection I believe.
    Last edited by ballup; 12-20-2014 at 09:26 PM.