Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend

Default How will Rondo do as a Knick next year?

Remember, hes been heralded as a "perfect complement" to Carmelo.

Now we're actually gonna see it in action.

Will it be good enough for the knicks not to finish second last in the league again, or will they finish second last in the league again??

Default Re: How will Rondo do as a Knick next year?

Melo + Rondo are good friends. So Rondo won't be a malcontent.

What I'd prefer is Westbrook to come to the Knicks in 2 years instead. I know him and Melo would keep you watching all their games. Amiright?

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Melo + Rondo are good friends. So Rondo won't be a malcontent.

What I'd prefer is Westbrook to come to the Knicks in 2 years instead. I know him and Melo would keep you watching all their games. Amiright?
    Rondo is apparently very good friends with Ellis and both have said they are like brothers. So being good friends with Melo doesnt guarantee that he wont be malcontent.

He will do better with the Knicks though.

4hrs ago

Lakers Rumors: Team Signing Rajon Rondo In Free Agency ‘Inevitable’

According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, Rondo has always planned to sign with the Lakers this off-season, and everything that has happened in Dallas is only making him joining the team more inevitable:

When Rondo realized his run with the Celtics was over this year, he planned to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers in the summer, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Everything’s pushing Rondo closer to his inevitable free-agent fleeing to the Lakers this summer. As long as the coach is back, Rondo’s gone, sources told Yahoo Sports. The parting could be mutual.

While his plans to join the Lakers may not have changed, Wojnarowski believes that his chances of getting a maximum contract this summer are gone thanks to his play in Dallas:

He expected a maximum contract. Once Dallas made the trade, he was open to re-signing with the Mavericks – only there are no max contract offers for Rondo on the market. Not in Dallas, nor Los Angeles. He’s played his way out of that payday – not just this year, but since that terrible ACL injury two years ago.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-r...le/2015/04/22/

[QUOTE=Hey Yo]4hrs ago

Lakers Rumors: Team Signing Rajon Rondo In Free Agency

Banned

If he goes to the knicks I expect a total shit show worse than this season. They lack the discipline they need to get him to work.

If he goes to L.A I think he shuts up the doubters and gets back to\close to his best again.

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

dont see how he fits in the triangle. You know Phil is adamant implementing the system and Rondo is all about feel and gut instinct. His shot is non-existent which will yet make him a liability on the team again. His best bet is that he may get paid from the Lakers and hope Byron will unleash him.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz
    dont see how he fits in the triangle. You know Phil is adamant implementing the system and Rondo is all about feel and gut instinct. His shot is non-existent which will yet make him a liability on the team again. His best bet is that he may get paid from the Lakers and hope Byron will unleash him.

Well I dont think Phil would want him at all, but I could see Dolan making an executive decision to acquire another "star" to infuse the knicks with some hype for next year.

I don't think Phil even wanted to give Carmelo the contract he eventually got. That was Dolan making a business decision and Phil being forced to play spin doctor. Could happen again with Rondo.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    If he goes to the knicks I expect a total shit show worse than this season. They lack the discipline they need to get him to work.

If he goes to L.A I think he shuts up the doubters and gets back to\close to his best again.

And L.A. has discipline??

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing

Great avi!

lakers gonna pull a steve nash 2.0

Banned

Like the borderline top 25 point guard that he is

rondo needs a team built like his old celtics where you have shooters all around at each position which will keep his defender from fully sagging off and a coach like doc who doesnt have much playcalling ability...

mavs almost had that type of team

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing

they have in the past, kobe is disciplined and I imagine if they are rebuilding to win then they should be ok. As much as I dislike the lakers they are a great franchise and won't stay disorganised for long.

Local High School Star

Rondo has become extremely overrated, he's done being a "top tier" PG. For one he's not surrounded by 3 HOF's to carry him and he isnt that good in the first place. Average ball dominant PG now looking for a max deal, But if a complete scrub like rubio can ask for max money, why not.