Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Remember when they said SVG was too good to have the Pistons under 0.500

Holyshit that cluster**** deserves some recognition. 3-17. One game ahead of Philly now. GOBB already getting nervous about the best odds.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Default Re: Remember when they said SVG was too good to have the Pistons under 0.500

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.

Holyshit that cluster**** deserves some recognition. 3-17. One game ahead of Philly now. GOBB already getting nervous about the best odds.
    Jesus Christ himself couldn't coach this shitty roster. Van Gundy's free agent signings were head scratchers to say the least. This team is so bad. If you're building around Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings you have serious problems. They need to get rid of everyone it seems.

Default Re: Remember when they said SVG was too good to have the Pistons under 0.500

And they just lost to the 76ers...at home. How are they this bad?

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.

overrated scumbag....paid 6mil to meeks and 4.5 to butler...

lol nobody would have paid butler more then vet min but he got 4.5 mil

lol

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Jesus Christ himself couldn't coach this shitty roster. Van Gundy's free agent signings were head scratchers to say the least. This team is so bad. If you're building around Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings you have serious problems. They need to get rid of everyone it seems.
    I didn't mind most of Van Gundy's signings. With the little room they had, I think he was trying to start the formation of his own team, knowing full well there were still old remnants that would eventually need to be disposed of.

But I agree with the majority of your premise. I don't think there's a single coach that could do too much with this squad. There's that saying about "You can lead a horse to water..." Van Gundy can teach these guys up however he wants, but he can't walk out onto the court and make the layups for them.

I know the problems run deep, but the Pistons have a very simple one, maybe above all else: they can't shoot well. It's been pretty incredible watching players trying to make layups inside. I'm not sure I've seen anything like it.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 12-07-2014 at 12:04 AM.

I am your soldier!

Jennings isn't a true PG.
    Smif plays inefficiently.
    Monroe is most likely frustrated.
    Drummond isn't exactly a polished player.

= Bad team.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

They got one decent/good player in Monroe who's growth they have ruined by teaming him with Drummond (who is useless) and Smith. They traded away a decent SF in Middleton (who they would love to have now) and Knight (who Pistons fans were shitting all over for years) for Jennings.

Cannot believe they did not build around Monroe.......instead he's going to leave these scrubs and the one solid building block they had will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    They got one decent/good player in Monroe who's growth they have ruined by teaming him with Drummond (who is useless) and Smith. They traded away a decent SF in Middleton (who they would love to have now) and Knight (who Pistons fans were shitting all over for years) for Jennings.

Cannot believe they did not build around Monroe.......instead he's going to leave these scrubs and the one solid building block they had will be gone.
    Build around Monroe? You build around Monroe and you're never going to sniff the playoffs. I guess the Pistons are kind of proof of that.

I'm surprised they're this bad. The Pistons should be much better than this - SVG has done a god awful job and his offseason work as GM, (Meeks anyone??) was equally horrible.

Bad times ahead for the Pistons.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Build around Monroe? You build around Monroe and you're never going to sniff the playoffs. I guess the Pistons are kind of proof of that.

I'm surprised they're this bad. The Pistons should be much better than this - SVG has done a god awful job and his offseason work as GM, (Meeks anyone??) was equally horrible.

Bad times ahead for the Pistons.
    Your suggesting to build around Drummond? I rather build around a 18/10 guy who has playmaking ability, you could do far worse than build a squad around Monroe in the East that's a playoff team. Monroe at his best in the right situation is a All-Star in the Eastern Conference you can't say that about anyone else on that team in the past 4-5 years.

Your suggesting to build around Drummond? I rather build around a 18/10 guy who has playmaking ability, you could do far worse than build a squad around Monroe in the East that's a playoff team. Monroe at his best in the right situation is a All-Star in the Eastern Conference you can't say that about anyone else on that team in the past 4-5 years.
    Uh I'd much rather build around a 15/14 true C who plays good defense than an 18/10 PF who plays no defense.

Especially when said 15/14 center is 21 years old and is primed to grow his game.

The fact that he's taken a big step back this year is all on SVG, but no GM in the league would take Monroe over Drummond. They wouldn't even consider it. They'd laugh at the notion.

Uh I'd much rather build around a 15/14 true C who plays good defense than an 18/10 PF who plays no defense.

Especially when said 15/14 center is 21 years old and is primed to grow his game.

The fact that he's taken a big step back this year is all on SVG, but no GM in the league would take Monroe over Drummond. They wouldn't even consider it. They'd laugh at the notion.
    That's like saying you would take DeAndre Jordan over Blake Griffin.

Also this myth Drummond plays good defense is absolute rubbish he's easily one of the worst defensive big men currently in the NBA, other the odd blocked shot he has the reactions and IQ of Amare Stoudimire on defense.

Drummond has zero basketball IQ/skills other than catching and dunking. The moment he can't do that he automatically is a scrub. Guys like Drummond are the definition of empty stats.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 12-07-2014 at 04:11 AM.

That's like saying you would take DeAndre Jordan over Blake Griffin.

Also this myth Drummond plays good defense is absolute rubbish he's easily one of the worst defensive big men currently in the NBA, other the odd blocked shot he has the reactions and IQ of Amare Stoudimire on defense.
    You'd take Greg Monroe over Andre Drummond?

What are you basing this off of?

Normal stats will tell you Drummond is much more valuable, advanced stats will tell you Drummond is MUCH more valuable. The eye test will tell you whatever you want to see, but I can't imagine you've watched a lot of Pistons games, (neither have I tbh).

You can say Drummond's defense is overrated, and you may be right, but a 16/10 PF who averages less than a block per game and shoots under 50% fg is NOT somebody you want to build your team around. He might as well be Jared Sullinger.

Give me the 21 year old kid putting up 14/14 with 2bpg and a 60%fg any day of the week. I'll take my chances.

NBA rookie of the year

coaching in basketball is overrated

By that i mean its no where near as important as player talent

You'd take Greg Monroe over Andre Drummond?

What are you basing this off of?

Normal stats will tell you Drummond is much more valuable, advanced stats will tell you Drummond is MUCH more valuable. The eye test will tell you whatever you want to see, but I can't imagine you've watched a lot of Pistons games, (neither have I tbh).

You can say Drummond's defense is overrated, and you may be right, but a 16/10 PF who averages less than a block per game and shoots under 50% fg is NOT somebody you want to build your team around. He might as well be Jared Sullinger.

Give me the 21 year old kid putting up 14/14 with 2bpg and a 60%fg any day of the week. I'll take my chances.
    We will just ignore Monroe was averaging 4 assists per game as well and without Drummond and Smith to clog up the paint Monroe would easily be shooting over 50% while creating for himself and everyone else like he did in his first 2 seasons. How can any skilled big man function next two an idiot and a guy with zero understanding of how to do anything other than dunk. The fact you bring up Drummond FG% (grossly inflated from spoon feeds) and ignore his FT% as well is strange. Not only is Drummond a liability on defense with his slow reactions and relentless fouling but you can't even have him in the game near the end cause he's horrendous from the FT line.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    coaching in basketball is overrated

By that i mean its no where near as important as player talent
    Yeah that's probably why a Spurs team featuring a 37 year old Tim Duncan as its best player just whipped the shit out of a team captained by a prime LeBron James in the NBA finals.