Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Former Bulls Fan.

Default Re: College Requirement should be abolished

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Okay? But by this way, the NBA gets to weed out those busts to an extent and still draft the superstar high school players. Their version is a better version of what you are suggesting.

The McGrady comment doesn't really relate or kind of make sense. Maybe he's healthier if he went to college because he got to prepare his body a little before the rigors of the pro game. Or maybe he dies. Same can be said if he goes straight from high school to the NBA. I don't really understand what you are getting at.
    Tracy McGrady always had health issues. Making him do 2 years of College would of shortened his NBA career even more. And what for? To make sure hes not a fucking bust?

Its the teams responsibilities to make sure the player they are drafting is legit. That is what they pay their scouts for.

Gtfo.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    the nba must have made some kind of under the table deal with the national collegiate athletics association

why else would the nba deny big name players from entering their league?

the biggest names over the last 15 years are mostly highschool players

they have the biggest buzz and get more attention due to skipping college

the ncaa obviously wrote a fat cheque to david stern to have the rights to players out of highschool

almost no one will go over seas rather than to college due to there being less chance of them getting noticed

there should be an investigation
    Totally agree with this. David Stern is a money hungry prick.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    the nba must have made some kind of under the table deal with the national collegiate athletics association

why else would the nba deny big name players from entering their league?

the biggest names over the last 15 years are mostly highschool players

they have the biggest buzz and get more attention due to skipping college

the ncaa obviously wrote a fat cheque to david stern to have the rights to players out of highschool

almost no one will go over seas rather than to college due to there being less chance of them getting noticed

there should be an investigation
    I believe they do have some kind of deal going on.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    I think 2 to 3 years will help them mature and help their game/bball IQ
    they can learn much quicker in the NBA. Yes, their rookie season stats wouldn't look as good as they would if they played in college and then played in the nba but they would learn much quicker.
    I think the rule should be to either come out of high school or complete college.
    1 year rule is probably just something nba and ncaa agreed to after NCAA paid a good sum to NBA.
    Just think if a guy gets injured in college. he never got paid. Leave the decision to that kid and kid's parents. at least that way he can only have himself to blame later on if something bad happens instead of this stupid rule.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    I think 2 to 3 years will help them mature and help their game/bball IQ
    Its up to the players and their families to decide what is best for them. It is up to the teams and their scouts to decide if the player they are drafting is the real deal.

The NBA and the NCAA shouldn't get involved in these decisions. This draft class would of been epic.

Kyrie/Wiggins/Bynum Cavs and LeBron's Heat would of been a great rivalry. Now we have to wait another year to have Wiggins land on some trash ass team like the Bobcats.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    Tracy McGrady always had health issues. Making him do 2 years of College would of shortened his NBA career even more. And what for? To make sure hes not a fucking bust?

Its the teams responsibilities to make sure the player they are drafting is legit. That is what they pay their scouts for.

Gtfo.
    Where's the 2 years coming from? My first post where I suggested he could leave for the NBA if he wants to?

You don't know if he would have the same injury plagued career if he went to college. Like I edited in my other post before you quoted, perhaps the college training program, limited practice minutes, etc, helps his body adjust for the long NBA season. You just don't know, unless you think McGrady was destined to have injury problems regardless of what he did before his first major injury. I'm more of a butterfly effect guy.

And the rule that you need to be one year removed from college doesn't even benefit the college game. Ask anyone who isn't a UK fan if the 1 and done rule is good for college. It waters down the each year, creates a larger revolving door, messes up the scholarship situations, and creates an even more corrupt AAU circuit. I'm rather sure the NBA benefits from the 1 and done rule far greater than the NCAA does. Personally, I hate the rule.

Former Bulls Fan.

Where's the 2 years coming from? My first post where I suggested he could leave for the NBA if he wants to?

You don't know if he would have the same injury plagued career if he went to college. Like I edited in my other post before you quoted, perhaps the college training program, limited practice minutes, etc, helps his body adjust for the long NBA season. You just don't know, unless you think McGrady was destined to have injury problems regardless of what he did before his first major injury. I'm more of a butterfly effect guy.

And the rule that you need to be one year removed from college doesn't even benefit the college game. Ask anyone who isn't a UK fan if the 1 and done rule is good for college. It waters down the each year, creates a larger revolving door, messes up the scholarship situations, and creates an even more corrupt AAU circuit. I'm rather sure the NBA benefits from the 1 and done rule far greater than the NCAA does. Personally, I hate the rule.
    So you're telling me a college training program would do better for Tracy McGrady than Orlando Magic's and Houston Rocket's?

You must not know this guy's story.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    So you're telling me a college training program would do better for Tracy McGrady than Orlando Magic's and Houston Rocket's?

You must not know this guy's story.

No, what I'm saying is that your example for not having the rule doesn't apply because it's all guess work. Going to college might help his career injuries or might not. I fail to see proof either way.

Former Bulls Fan.

No, what I'm saying is that your example for not having the rule doesn't apply because it's all guess work. Going to college might help his career injuries or might not. I fail to see proof either way.
    Just re-read your first post. I apologize, i was reading too many posts at once and got confused.

I got yours confused with the one before that so sorry.

Does the prostitute that is actually paying her way through medical school that may eventually lend her to cure cancer justify the existence of prostitution? No, 99% of prostitutes are still going to use that money to buy crack and meth. Exceptions to the rule are just that, exceptions. Stop pointing out exceptions to the rule about HS and College talents as if they change reality.

The reality is 1 year out of HS is still if anything NOT ENOUGH time for most people/players to mature. How f*cking sure of themselves can ANYONE be about big decisions and high-value contracts at age 19!? NBA players used to be 22 and 23 years old as ROOKIES and they'd sit on the bench for 2 or 3 seasons making no more money than a grocery store worker proving themselves on limited minutes and practice before they played. Today, KIDS are drafted on 'potential' and given millions. This causes the league to be much younger, and I don't mean physically -with serious work ethic issues, and all sorts of different problems that go on behind the scenes. I think if anything, there should be a bare minimum of 2 years out of HS before NBA players can play.

Watch and learn:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGap6VMxk8I
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 10-06-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Does the prostitute that is actually paying her way through medical school that may eventually lend her to cure cancer justify the existence of prostitution? No, 99% of prostitutes are still going to use that money to buy crack and meth. Exceptions to the rule are just that, exceptions. Stop pointing out exceptions to the rule about HS and College talents as if they change reality.

The reality is 1 year out of HS is still if anything NOT ENOUGH time for most people/players to mature. How f*cking sure of themselves can ANYONE be about big decisions and high-value contracts at age 19!? NBA players used to be 22 and 23 years old as ROOKIES and they'd sit on the bench for 2 or 3 seasons making no more money than a grocery store worker proving themselves on limited minutes and practice before they played. Today, KIDS are drafted on 'potential' and given millions. This causes the league to be much younger, and I don't mean physically -with serious work ethic issues, and all sorts of different problems that go on behind the scenes. I think if anything, there should be a bare minimum of 2 years out of HS before NBA players can play.

Watch and learn:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGap6VMxk8I
    Comparing prostitution to coming straight out of highschool to make millions playing basketball.

Fuck off my thread.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I dont want to be rude, but you CLEARLY do not know anything of this topic.

Of course, there will always be that HS star like LeBron or Kobe, that are just flat out of this world good. But college is necessary, because of all the failures!!

You claim that there wernt that many failures, but ur wrong. JUST BECAUSE IT DIDNT MAKE THE NEWS, OR BECAUSE THEY WERNT POPULAR,, DONT MEAN SHIT

Are you forgetting...(or, you know shit bout bball, and u dont know these guys)

Darius Miles, Kwame Brown, Korleone Young, Bender, Leon Smith, Ndudi Ebi, JAmes Lang, Lenny Cooke.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by blood yes
    I dont want to be rude, but you CLEARLY do not know anything of this topic.

Of course, there will always be that HS star like LeBron or Kobe, that are just flat out of this world good. But college is necessary, because of all the failures!!

You claim that there wernt that many failures, but ur wrong. JUST BECAUSE IT DIDNT MAKE THE NEWS, OR BECAUSE THEY WERNT POPULAR,, DONT MEAN SHIT

Are you forgetting...(or, you know shit bout bball, and u dont know these guys)

Darius Miles, Kwame Brown, Korleone Young, Bender, Leon Smith, Ndudi Ebi, JAmes Lang, Lenny Cooke.
    Its their choice to go to College or go to the NBA. Lenny Cooke brung that shit upon himself and he knows it.

Kwame and Miles were flat out scrubs anyways.

Those guys that failed rode the hype but didn't believe their own hype. They knew they sucked but they also had the opportunity to make millions without proving anything so they took it.

Once again, its the teams job to make sure whoever they are drafting is legit. Its what scouts are paid for.

Don't come to me with these SOB stories about Kwame Brown and Darius Miles because ultimately it was the team's choice to draft them and it was their choice to enter the draft KNOWING they weren't ready.

You're the one that knows nothing on this topic.

Banned

LosBulls speaking nothing but the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    LosBulls speaking nothing but the truth
    alt alert