Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: If the Cavs fail to win a title in the next two years

Quote Originally Posted by El Gato Negro
    Wishful thinking, his injuries are not related. Also i hate to burst your bubble but the cavs were ranked 12th defensively last year before the added bran so hoping they won't be top 10 this year also wishful thinking. Andy has a better chance of staying healthy than rose.
    Love does not improve their defense, so lebron and love are pretty much a wash. That team as it stands is not a good enough defensive team to win a title.

Andy does not have a better chance of staying healthy than rose.

2 out of 10 complete seasons compared to 3 out of 6...you do the math.

When does the excuses for him missing seasons stop being attributed to "random" events?

Obviously he cannot deal with the rigors of an NBA season. He was banged up all year last year until they shut him down.

High School Varsity 6th Man MastaKilla's Avatar

Warfan did you delete your post?

Quote Originally Posted by MastaKilla
    Warfan did you delete your post?
    Yeah i was gonna write up something different and post again because i didnt properly say what i meant. But i cant be fukked now

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Love does not improve their defense, so lebron and love are pretty much a wash. That team as it stands is not a good enough defensive team to win a title.

Andy does not have a better chance of staying healthy than rose.

2 out of 10 complete seasons compared to 3 out of 6...you do the math.

When does the excuses for him missing seasons stop being attributed to "random" events?

Obviously he cannot deal with the rigors of an NBA season. He was banged up all year last year until they shut him down.
    Nice opinion here are some facts the cavs are going to be better defensively than people think. lebron lead team are never out of the top 10 defensively. Andy is playing for Brazil right now and hasn't need to rest unlike rose. Andy is coming back from a blood clot in his lung not basketball related, he played more games than gasol last year. Your a blind homer and a lousy troll

Nice opinion here are some facts the cavs are going to be better defensively than people think. lebron lead team are never out of the top 10 defensively. Andy is playing for Brazil right now and hasn't need to rest unlike rose. Andy is coming back from a blood clot in his lung not basketball related, he played more games than gasol last year. Your a blind homer and a lousy troll

You still defending Andy's injury history?

I have had him in many of my fantasy teams last year and I can tell you there were consistent reports of various niggling injuries and it got to the point where he was shutdown because of it. That isn't even including his blood clot issue.

Now, instead of trying to make shit up to suit your story, I hope you do understand that players have intermittent rests and a day by day approach to long term absences/injuries which Rose has had. They decided to be cautious with him and bring him along slowly.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/us-rout...0405--nba.html

There's an article that should clear up any confusion or doubt about rose.

I wish for the best Cavs team to be out there when we inevitably play him, but going on facts and past history, Andy being there at the end of a season, the odds are against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    If you are the self anointed best player in the game and you have a fairly talented team around you and you don't win a title in two of your final remaining "prime years" ... yes that's a disappointment.

That's just how it is, if you want that mantle of being known as the best player in the game, you need to live up the billing.

The Spurs too ... c'mon. Duncan is f**king thirty nine years OLD next season. Somebody grow some damn balls and take that trophy.

What do you mean by "self anointed"?

Don't teams need to be pretty close to a top 10 defense to win a title historically?

I don't see that with this team as it currently stands.

Bulls will murder their interior and inability to cover our shooters.
    Using the percentile(since the number of teams changes over the years),
    5 teams have won an NBA championship while being outside the top "10" defensively since 1957.

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

You still defending Andy's injury history?

I have had him in many of my fantasy teams last year and I can tell you there were consistent reports of various niggling injuries and it got to the point where he was shutdown because of it. That isn't even including his blood clot issue.

Now, instead of trying to make shit up to suit your story, I hope you do understand that players have intermittent rests and a day by day approach to long term absences/injuries which Rose has had. They decided to be cautious with him and bring him along slowly.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/us-rout...0405--nba.html

There's an article that should clear up any confusion or doubt about rose.

I wish for the best Cavs team to be out there when we inevitably play him, but going on facts and past history, Andy being there at the end of a season, the odds are against him.
    Im not confused about rose we heard the same bs last year and i expect nothing different this year. as for facts keep telling yourself a team that ranked 12th in defensive efficiency last year that added lebron won't be better defensively this year. delusion at its finest right there. the bulls have no defense that can stop love and bran running pick and roll none. and by the time the playoffs come thibs will have all his players run into the ground already. he can't manage minutes.

Im not confused about rose we heard the same bs last year and i expect nothing different this year. as for facts keep telling yourself a team that ranked 12th in defensive efficiency last year that added lebron won't be better defensively this year. delusion at its finest right there. the bulls have no defense that can stop love and bran running pick and roll none. and by the time the playoffs come thibs will have all his players run into the ground already. he can't manage minutes.

By "watching" games, I can tell you that the Cavs are not near a top defensive unit this season as they currently stand.

By watching games, I can tell you that Lebron was not as good defensively last season as the season before. I think he got progressively worse.

You talk about stopping Love and Lebron pick and roll? Gibson is one of the best defenders at defending the pick and roll.

Butler is top 3 in the league at defending Lebron. So that makes 2 players who are able to reduce Cavs best weapons.

Do Cavs have dependable defenders to close out on our shooters? And to reduce the effectiveness of our two elite big man passing game?

How will Lebron maximise effectiveness of team defense on Rose when Bulls will have the shooters and post players to score and punish them? Who's stopping McDermott run off screens and shoot?

Rose's penetration and kick outs to the shooters will be pretty hard to stop.

Anyways, you can talk up the big names on the Cavs, but the Bulls can exploit their weaknesses like no other.
    Last edited by poido123; 08-21-2014 at 03:41 AM.

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

How is it a failure when we aren't even the top 5 most stacked team in the league?

Sure we have the best player on earth, but that's it. Nobody else is worth a lick of mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Lebron cant lead his team to a finals win and he still won thanks to Bosh and Wade.
    So who led Miami to their back-to-back championships?

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    So who led Miami to their back-to-back championships?

That was a silly statement by him. Clearly Lebron lead those teams.

But I will say, it will be harder to lead this revamped team with little playoff experience over more tried and tested opponents who have more continuity...

That was a silly statement by him. Clearly Lebron lead those teams.

But I will say, it will be harder to lead this revamped team with little playoff experience over more tried and tested opponents who have more continuity...
    Yeah, I don't really think Cleveland will win a title this year or the next. They have a lot of talent but seem to be missing certain things necessary to be champions (mainly defense).

I think they have 2004 Lakers written all over them.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragic4Life
    How is it a failure when we aren't even the top 5 most stacked team in the league?

Sure we have the best player on earth, but that's it. Nobody else is worth a lick of mention.
    Branstans hating on teammates

So people expect Lebron to make his 5th consecutive Finals and win it as well, after 4 deep Playoff runs?

The standards on ISH are pretty ridiculous when it comes to Lebron. Moving goalposts to undermine his contributions as a basketball player.