Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-18-2012, 06:19 AM   #1
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board
Default LeBourne Identity... (Will the real LeBron James please stand up)

Ever since the 2008 playoffs, I've been wondering where the hell did that LeBron go? The kid who willed the Cavs to the finals the previous year and nearly did another upset on the eventual champs, Celtics.

In 2009, LeBron played amazing, but it wasn't enough against the Magic. Haters were out in full effect, but you could see that in game 6 he knew he didn't have enough and kinda folded.

The following year was the same against the Celtics. That series is what I believe showed how much everything was starting to weigh on him mentally and seeing him crumble to expectations.

We saw what happened after with "The Decision," but those same mental problems still followed him to Miami. Couldn't close out games/no show in the 4th quarter.

In the regular season, my beloved Bulls swept the series against the Heat and I really believed they were the better team. Eastern Conference Finals came and so did the old LeBron. Dude was fukking amazing! Even though we lost to the Heat in 5, every game was winnable until the last minutes of the game. The person you least expected (LeBron) made clutch shot after clutch shot. I don't think people realized how much Wade sucked in that series.

When the 2011 NBA finals came around. Miami was the favorite but I was rooting for Dirk and the Mavs. I, like everyone else thought LeBron was going to continue his dominance but to everyone's surprise - dude looked more lost than an Amish in a ghetto swap meet.

After that, I was convinced that he didn't have the heart to be a champion. It's not that I hate the dude, I really like him as a player and I think he is very genuine (though at times can be an arrogant douche). But you can't root for people who don't have confidence in themselves.

Fast forward to now, and my man is playing with heart like I've never seen before. As much as I am impressed, why did it take this long for him to "wake the **** up?"

Is it because OKC is a younger team and he refuses to let them show him up? We all know that this year might be his best chance to win a championship, but why wait 'til now? If he had done what he is doing now last year, he could have won that one as well. So what is the motivation factor?

The series is still young, and we might just see LeBron resort to a shell. I'm just saying, be consistent. You have the ****ing ability and enough talent to get it done. No more excuses, LeBron. It's now or never...
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:34 AM   #2
winnnaz
I brick open layups

winnnaz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: LeBourne Identity... (Will the real LeBron James please stand up)

Because he was young. Now he is experienced.

winnnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #3
OmniStrife
College superstar

OmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I truly believe he had to taste the bitterness of true failure to succeed.
OmniStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

I remember posting here a couple of years back when he was still a cav, that it's just a matter of time before lebron wins a ring. I dont like him to win, but dude is too talented and easy too build a team around for him to remain ringless for the rest of his playing career. Series is far from over though. Remember the Mavs were down 2-1 last year and came back to win 3 straight. Hope Durant steps up his game and dominate for the rest of the series.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #5
OmniStrife
College superstar

OmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsane01
I remember posting here a couple of years back when he was still a cav, that it's just a matter of time before lebron wins a ring. I dont like him to win, but dude is too talented and easy too build a team around for him to remain ringless for the rest of his playing career. Series is far from over though. Remember the Mavs were down 2-1 last year and came back to win 3 straight. Hope Durant steps up his game and dominate for the rest of the series.

That is true... But last year LeBron wasn't there in the finals.
This time he's rollin' on the Thunders.
OmniStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #6
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniStrife
That is true... But last year LeBron wasn't there in the finals.
This time he's rollin' on the Thunders.

Yeah, i admit OKC's chances is dwindling since lebron is being his dominant self.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #7
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Nash is starting to rub some people the wrong wayNash is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Because you listen to much to ISH haters and Skip Bayless type of people were they like to discredit him and call him not clutch when there could be other, more logical basketball reasons for him not to do well. He has always been good but sometimes he has been bad. Thats just something that happens. And he's not unclutch. The only time he was bad was in the finals last year and that pretty fast labeled him unclutch.

Last edited by Nash : 06-18-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #8
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
Ever since the 2008 playoffs, I've been wondering where the hell did that LeBron go? The kid who willed the Cavs to the finals the previous year and nearly did another upset on the eventual champs, Celtics.

In 2009, LeBron played amazing, but it wasn't enough against the Magic. Haters were out in full effect, but you could see that in game 6 he knew he didn't have enough and kinda folded.

The following year was the same against the Celtics. That series is what I believe showed how much everything was starting to weigh on him mentally and seeing him crumble to expectations.

We saw what happened after with "The Decision," but those same mental problems still followed him to Miami. Couldn't close out games/no show in the 4th quarter.

In the regular season, my beloved Bulls swept the series against the Heat and I really believed they were the better team. Eastern Conference Finals came and so did the old LeBron. Dude was fukking amazing! Even though we lost to the Heat in 5, every game was winnable until the last minutes of the game. The person you least expected (LeBron) made clutch shot after clutch shot. I don't think people realized how much Wade sucked in that series.

When the 2011 NBA finals came around. Miami was the favorite but I was rooting for Dirk and the Mavs. I, like everyone else thought LeBron was going to continue his dominance but to everyone's surprise - dude looked more lost than an Amish in a ghetto swap meet.

After that, I was convinced that he didn't have the heart to be a champion. It's not that I hate the dude, I really like him as a player and I think he is very genuine (though at times can be an arrogant douche). But you can't root for people who don't have confidence in themselves.

Fast forward to now, and my man is playing with heart like I've never seen before. As much as I am impressed, why did it take this long for him to "wake the **** up?"

Is it because OKC is a younger team and he refuses to let them show him up? We all know that this year might be his best chance to win a championship, but why wait 'til now? If he had done what he is doing now last year, he could have won that one as well. So what is the motivation factor?

The series is still young, and we might just see LeBron resort to a shell. I'm just saying, be consistent. You have the ****ing ability and enough talent to get it done. No more excuses, LeBron. It's now or never...

So you saw him beast it up against Chicago and in the Eastern playoffs, and then he had a 2-3 bad games against Dallas and you thought that meant he didn't have the heart of a champion?

And another thing you failed to even consider is that in the Finals perhaps he decided that since Wade was playing decently (finally), he would go to him, since he is an amazing player himself and perhaps had the better matchup against Dallas.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #9
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
Ever since the 2008 playoffs, I've been wondering where the hell did that LeBron go? The kid who willed the Cavs to the finals the previous year

I'm glad we never saw that LeBron again. '07 LeBron sucked. He's been 10x the player since.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #10
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Kingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Crazy Part even with the Failure's in past Lebron's Playoffs numbers are top 5 of all time.
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #11
Screamingdoom
Stern's lap dog

Screamingdoom is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I hope he writes a tell all book after his career ends so we can know what happened to him mentally in the Dallas finals. The closest I've heard him talk about it was a few days ago at a press conference he said he was a bit obsessed with proving everyone wrong. Must've frozen him.
Screamingdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #12
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

The difference between what I saw last year is that LeBron is not only getting the ball in the critical moments of the game but he's accepting his "true" role on this team. What seems to be happening this year is unlike last year where LeBron was worn down and took the "I'll come up big when they ask me", LeBron is taking the approach of "tired or not without big play from me we have no chance".
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:36 AM   #13
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

could... it... be?
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:05 AM   #14
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix has an OK reputation so far

LeBron James is good at basketball.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: