Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Let's talk about the future

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy
    What are you trying to say? That Toronto is as lucrative as the Heat were back then? Why are we even still talking about this? There is no chance it is happening. There is a higher chance of all the other teams in the East having a resurgence and us ending up with a top 3 pick. Which at this point I'd give a 1% chance at most.
    I know he probably won't sign here. But the reasoning wouldn't be because of money.

Diaw Fan

So if we hadn't gotten rid of Bargs and Gay (both of who are now injured), we'd probably be well on our way to a top 3 pick right now. Interesting how that worked out.

Masai wasn't keeping Bargnani this season. That much was guaranteed. As for Gay, that's really on the Kings. They wanted Gay and forced the trade.

Both moves were also to clear cap space and give other players more playing with more potential. Let's see if he can string together some more deals/trades/signings for now.

Local High School Star

If we kept Barges and Gay...

I dunno. If we kept Bryan Colangelo we would definitely have the number 1 pick locked up in time to move to Las Vagas ?

That statement is possibly meant as a "ponder" as opposed to slap at our current GM ?

As posted.. Barges had to be moved or face a fan revolt. Even if BC were still in charge Barges had to be moved. He was being booed by the home crowd every time he touched the ball. BC - MU - Big Liewki - someone had to make a deal to move Barges.

The Gay trade may have been salary cap fortune falling in our laps. I think if Gay hadnt been moved and the team was still as it started the season - you can make a credible arguement that the team would have improved to "some degree" based on the ease of the schedule load and improvements in Klow which still might have happened.

I mean our front end sched was bad - known. That we would have a sting of games against suffering NY teams... who knew.

As much improvement ... I dont think so..

I am glad BC was gone because he invested in his own decisions for too long. Barges was here too long. He wouldnt have pulled the Gay trade trigger. But MU happens to be the right man at the right time doing smart things so credit due.