Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 01-01-2008, 02:26 AM   #1
Pouch26
Good High School Starter

Default 2 or 3 for 1 top player strategy?

Anyone ever able to pull off 2 or 3 good players for a 1st rounder? I was thinking to try packaging some players for Wade, Nash, Camby, Baron, or Chris Paul...
Keep in mind I only start 9 players weekly. I can afford to lost a big guy, because I'M DOMINATING IN REBOUNDS.

Any ideas?

9 Players set weekly/H2H/9 cats
Trying to win FG%/Rebs/Pts/Steals/Blocks/Assists
My line up is...
PG: Deron Williams
SG: Felton
G: Devin Harris
SF: Mike Miller
F: Rudy Gay
PF: Al Jefferson
C: Dwight Howard
UTIL: Brad Miller
UTIL: Ronnie Brewer/ or Biedrins

BN: Biedrins
BN: Horford
BN: Antonio Daniels
BN: Louis Williams (buying into the hype...X factor?)

Maybe Horford, Felton, Al Jefferson for Nash or Paul?

Biedrins, Horford, Felton for Baron?

Bad or good idea? Do you think I should just keep my team as is?
Pouch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:47 AM   #2
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Default Re: 2 or 3 for 1 top player strategy?

What are you losing in? Besides turnovers?
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:56 AM   #3
Pouch26
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
What are you losing in? Besides turnovers?

Losing is blocks and assists (so close!) Also sometimes in steals. However, with Antonio Daniels coming back, I feel like he will help in assists and steals.

However, I would like to upgrade Felton for a PG with a pretty good FG% and asist totals. Maybe Chauncey, Nash, or Baron. See any 2 or 3 deals. The owner of Baron needs rebounds bad. The team with Chauncey is similar to my team.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:00 AM   #4
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Keep Felton until he strings together three or four good games together, to make his value rise some.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:06 AM   #5
Pouch26
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
Keep Felton until he strings together three or four good games together, to make his value rise some.

Ok. So, after that what 2/3 for 1 deal would you consider? I'm thinking Baron, Chauncey, Nash...What could tempt their owner?

In another league I was offered Nash, Ben Gordon, Josh Howard for Kevin Garnett. 2 nd week of the season...I couldn't say no. Don't want it that tempting, but I'd like to entise like that.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:49 AM   #6
RapsFan
Good college starter

The only way he 2 or 3 for 1 deals work is if the other GM is an idiot, and doesn't realize he'd have to drop 2 guys to make it fit....or, the other team is really watered down. If the latter it the case, then definitely those deals work and I have done a number of them. If a team is really top heavy, say has 3-4 total studs and the rest mediocre guys, target them. You can't say 'I want Nash' and make an offer. You have to find the proper roster to make the offer to and then see if there is a guy on their roster you want that is a stud. A team in my league has Iggy, Nash, Smoove and the rest of his guys are like JO, Tyson and then crap like Kurt Thomas, McDyess etc. Not saying McDyess or Kurt shouldn't be on teams, but if you come in with 3 players, 2 of which upgrade those two spots, and then Felton say that would downgrade Nash, he might bite.

Some subscribe to the 'best player in the deal' rule but that has its limits. If I have found my team too top heavy, I have dealt my top guy or two to upgrade overall talent. Like would you rather have Nash, Kapono and Kurt Thomas, or Felton, RJ and Tyson? Nash is the best player in the deal but I would rather have the Felton side.

P.S. I think you definitely need to move Mike Miller as you have no 3's outside of him. Try and find a roster that is top heavy, but is also desparate for 3's. Make them a 2 or 3 for 1 offer that includes you giving them Mike Miller.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:48 AM   #7
Pouch26
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
The only way he 2 or 3 for 1 deals work is if the other GM is an idiot, and doesn't realize he'd have to drop 2 guys to make it fit....or, the other team is really watered down. If the latter it the case, then definitely those deals work and I have done a number of them. If a team is really top heavy, say has 3-4 total studs and the rest mediocre guys, target them. You can't say 'I want Nash' and make an offer. You have to find the proper roster to make the offer to and then see if there is a guy on their roster you want that is a stud. A team in my league has Iggy, Nash, Smoove and the rest of his guys are like JO, Tyson and then crap like Kurt Thomas, McDyess etc. Not saying McDyess or Kurt shouldn't be on teams, but if you come in with 3 players, 2 of which upgrade those two spots, and then Felton say that would downgrade Nash, he might bite.

Some subscribe to the 'best player in the deal' rule but that has its limits. If I have found my team too top heavy, I have dealt my top guy or two to upgrade overall talent. Like would you rather have Nash, Kapono and Kurt Thomas, or Felton, RJ and Tyson? Nash is the best player in the deal but I would rather have the Felton side.

P.S. I think you definitely need to move Mike Miller as you have no 3's outside of him. Try and find a roster that is top heavy, but is also desparate for 3's. Make them a 2 or 3 for 1 offer that includes you giving them Mike Miller.

Who do you think fits my team better than Mike Miller? He is sticking out as a trade me. That's why I was thinking Kirilenko. Because I've been losing in blocks and/or assists. Any other players that I could get for Miller?
Old 01-01-2008, 11:15 AM   #8
RapsFan
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouch26
Who do you think fits my team better than Mike Miller? He is sticking out as a trade me. That's why I was thinking Kirilenko. Because I've been losing in blocks and/or assists. Any other players that I could get for Miller?

Again don't look at individual players first. Find a roster that is top heavy and needs 3's, then post their team and we can offer some trade ideas.

The AK for MM if you are tanking 3's isn't bad at all. But like others have said, the only things you would be winning is stls/blks with that deal. Look to see if you can get something more first.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:29 AM   #9
Pouch26
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Again don't look at individual players first. Find a roster that is top heavy and needs 3's, then post their team and we can offer some trade ideas.

The AK for MM if you are tanking 3's isn't bad at all. But like others have said, the only things you would be winning is stls/blks with that deal. Look to see if you can get something more first.

How about Rondo and Outlaw for my Mike Miller? Then I could win more assists and steals with my theme of a high FG%. Is that a fair deal, or am I ripping myself off?

Or Give Mike Miller for Calderon? (Too much for Calderon?)

So, my new roster would be set like this:
G: Rondo
SF: Rudy Gay
F: Ronnie Brewer
UTIL: Biedrins
UTIL: Devin Harris

Can PG/Big Men in the middle take a championship?

Last edited by Pouch26 : 01-01-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:44 PM   #10
RapsFan
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouch26
How about Rondo and Outlaw for my Mike Miller? Then I could win more assists and steals with my theme of a high FG%. Is that a fair deal, or am I ripping myself off?

Or Give Mike Miller for Calderon? (Too much for Calderon?)

So, my new roster would be set like this:
G: Rondo
F: Ronnie Brewer
UTIL: Biedrins
UTIL: Devin Harris

Can PG/Big Men in the middle take a championship?

Aren't you wanting to do a 2 for 1? Now you're asking if you should accept Outlaw and Rondo for Miller? I think you need to figure out what you want to do and stick to it. No, this is a bad deal, do not do it. Find the roster that needs 3's and has a bunch of mediocre guys.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:59 PM   #11
Pouch26
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Aren't you wanting to do a 2 for 1? Now you're asking if you should accept Outlaw and Rondo for Miller? I think you need to figure out what you want to do and stick to it. No, this is a bad deal, do not do it. Find the roster that needs 3's and has a bunch of mediocre guys.

Yeah you're totally right. Thanks Raps for putting me in my place. Got a little carried away there. So, I think this might be an idea. I noticed that the guy with Wade is lacking threes. So is it even possible?

Wade will be around 50% FG with blks stls boards and assist and help my team big time.

I have no idea what to offer for him.

Idea 1=Wade for...Mike Miller, Felton (Too little?)
Idea 2=Wade for...Miike Miller, Felton, Horford
Idea 3=Wade for...Felton, Mike miller, Biedrins
Idea 4= Wade for...Al Jefferson/Mike Miller.Felton (Too much?)
Any of those look good for me?

9 Players set weekly/H2H/9 cats
Trying to win FG%/Rebs/Pts/Steals/Blocks/Assists
My line coould look a lot better...

SG: Felton (Could put Wade here)
G: Devin Harris
F: Brewer
UTIL: Brad Miller
UTIL: Biedrins/Horford/or hot bench player

BN: Biedrins
BN: Horford
BN: Antonio Daniels
BN: Louis Williams (buying into the hype...X factor?)
Old 01-01-2008, 07:02 PM   #12
RapsFan
Good college starter

Wade would be great for your team. I didn't mean to be rude, but sometimes people just get going in circles and it ends up costing them big time.

The only thing you need to remember is the makeup of the Wade's guys roster. If he's pretty solid top to bottom, unless he's dumb, he won't look at these deals thinking he'd getting all this talent if he's just going to have to drop good guys for your guys. Know what I mean?

Deal 2 and 3 are great offers. 1 is too little and 4 is too much. You'd need to sell him on 3's from Miller and some from Felton while Felton offsets all Wade's dimes.

Ideally the Wade team is doing poorly and has some crap guys. Then you can also sell him on the upgrades he's getting with the 2nd and 3rd guys you're offering. Finally, in a perfect world he'd have suspect bigs and getting Biedrins or Horford would be of value.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:40 PM   #13
Pouch26
Good High School Starter

Here's his team. He's in last place, so maybe that will inspire him to do something. I think he's set on big guys though. So, if I gave him Felton, Antonio Daniels, and Mike Miller for his Wade...He would probably drop Rafer or Jason Williams. Then I could pick up Jeff Green for my team. On the FAs. Not sure if this will work. Should I try it? Or, do you have another idea?

Jose Calderon
Dwyane Wade
Rafer Alston
Carmelo Anthony
Emeka Okafor
Corey Maggette
Amare Stoudemire
Chris Kaman
Tyson Chandler
Kenyon Martin
Jason Williams
Morris Peterson
Elton Brand

Another idea someone had was to trade for Tony Parker. Maybe I could try Biedrins or Horford and Miller for Tony Parker. Or...
Felton/Miller/Horford for Tony Parker and Mike Conley...What do you think?

Tony Parker
Monta Ellis
Cuttino Mobley
Kevin Garnett
Antawn Jamison
Paul Pierce
Chris Bosh
Earl Watson
Luke Walton
Stephon Marbury
Mike Bibby
Quentin Richardson
Mike Conley

Last edited by Pouch26 : 01-01-2008 at 07:45 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: