Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-30-2013, 03:17 AM   #1
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default What are you guys thinking about Remember Me?

Apparently, it's being released June 4th. I'm wondering if I should preorder it or just wait until I see enough reviews on it to judge if it's worth buying.

What are you guys thinking about it? Does it look appealing to any of you?

I'm kind of disappointed after reading from various websites that this game is more likely than not going to be linear. I was expecting an open world/sandbox game.
Also, I can't seem to find the estimated length of the game. After discovering that NaughtyDog's The Last of Us is only 12-16 hours long, I am hesitant on buying Remember Me if it turns out to be a relatively short game.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What are you guys thinking about Remember Me?

I posted this in another thread, but I'll put it here too:
I've been really excited about this since I first heard about it last year. I really love the concept. If the gameplay works, knockoff or not (frankly it looks like an AC knockoff, but I'm fine with that, those controls are the best part about those games for me anyway, so if someone can lay a badass scifi story over them, who's to say I won't like it better than AC), this will very possibly be a pre-order for me.

Now I'll add, I had no idea it was scheduled for release so soon. I thought it was going to a fall release. One of the reasons I was hopefull was because of Capcom's involvement. But they're a huge company and outsource their development so much it wasn't like I was banking on them.

If what you said is true about this not being open world, and being more linear, that's hugely disappointing to me. Even if it's linear in open space, like an Uncharted or Hitman, that would feel misleading. And it makes me nervous that it's release snuck up that much. It seems like games that manufacturers are nervous about reviews with are the ones that sneak up release wise.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:27 PM   #3
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

And it makes me nervous that it's release snuck up that much. It seems like games that manufacturers are nervous about reviews with are the ones that sneak up release wise.

Agreed. Ironic game title
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

After reading a bunch of previews (by playing a 30 minute demo) this game sounds like a big disappointment. Unless somehow magically it receives great reviews, I won't be getting it.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The thing that is annoying me is that I can't seem to find any decent previews explaining anything beyond the story/fighting dynamics. I want to know if it's truly open world, if there are side quests to do (ala GTA IV, Saints Row, etc.), if you can follow the story at your own pace or if you're forced to follow it all the way through no matter what, etc.

I also want to know how long the game is. If it's somewhere around 12 hours or so, it's not worth buying to me.

I'll probably just wait until several months down the road, assuming it gets positive reviews from more than just 2-3 sources.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: