Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-22-2018, 10:37 AM   #1
jongib369
College superstar

Default Default [FULL] Conor McGregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov press conference for UFC 229 | E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4N5nSOeGI4

I'm rooting for Conor but this guy Khabib is just
jongib369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:36 AM   #2
FreezingTsmoove
The Sheriff

Default Re: Default [FULL] Conor McGregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov press conference for UFC 229 | E

Khabib cant stand up against Conor and Conor will die on the ground against Khabib. Very interesting fight
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:39 PM   #3
PistonsFan#21
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Default [FULL] Conor McGregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov press conference for UFC 229 | E

I know he does it mostly to sell the fight but Conor trash talk has been so cringe lately.

Dont know if he was actually drunk or acting but he looked like a fool
PistonsFan#21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:21 AM   #4
pauk
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
Khabib cant stand up against Conor and Conor will die on the ground against Khabib. Very interesting fight

...and which one of those is the #1 most important/dominating tool in MMA with a huge gap?

If you dont have Wrestling or Takedown defense advantage over your opponent then you are at the opponents mercy in MMA....

Unless Conor lands a round start first 1-10 seconds haymaker KO or something Khabib WILL proceed in to grab him and ragdoll him to the floor & GnP all day rearranging his face by the end of the match or putting him to sleep/snapping Conors arm/leg (dont think Conor will tap, so), you will see yet again what Wrestling means.... it will be exactly like Silva vs Sonnen, except Sonnen here is more than just only a wrestler....

Last edited by pauk : 09-23-2018 at 08:25 AM.
pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:11 AM   #5
iamgine

Hasn't Conor fought a good wrestler before? Granted, not as good as Khabib but if I remember correctly Conor's takedown defense is pretty good.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:32 AM   #6
PistonsFan#21
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
Hasn't Conor fought a good wrestler before? Granted, not as good as Khabib but if I remember correctly Conor's takedown defense is pretty good.

Conor's cardio is subpar though...he always seems to be gassing out at some point in the fight. If Khabib brings the pressure nonstop he will eventually get the takedown and do his thing.
PistonsFan#21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:55 AM   #7
iamgine

Not that it's easy or without huge risk but yeah Khabib need to pressure and not let Conor pace himself.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:45 AM   #8
kennethgriffen
Good college starter

conors take down defense and favourability from judges that wanna continue making dollars off of his name will be the difference in this fight.
kennethgriffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:03 PM   #9
PullupJay
Success

Connor gonna **** him up badly

mark my words
PullupJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:01 PM   #10
KiiiiNG
Undefeated

Kind of an eerie press conference. Conor was... forcing the issue and trying to live up to his name. But like others said, mostly just came off as cringey and trying too hard. Khabib is the last guy who's gonna be shook by that type of behavior.

"Let's wrestle kid!" Conor's ego blurted that out, but he knows it's another losing battle for him, so he instead started making fun of the way Khabib talks to deflect from that.

Just doesn't have much material to work with against Khabib. No wonder he didn't wanna do press for this fight.

I think Conor will be tougher to keep down then people realize. It's gonna be a war.
KiiiiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:06 PM   #11
stalkerforlife
Banned

If it's not fixed, McGregor's lifestyle may do him in.

He's apparently an alcoholic and has been partying hard since the big payday.

If the UFC allows a real fight, the other dude could seemingly just get McGregor on the ground and win a boring fight.
stalkerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:31 PM   #12
Smoke117
The King Returns...

Khabib will pound him out by the 2nd.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:31 PM   #13
BlakFrankWhite
ISH Thunder GM

As much as i'm rooting for Khabib, the guy has one of the most predictable skillsets i've seen. It's worked well for him, but Conor is an all time great, and mindfcks opponents to strike with him instead of using their strengths like Eddie Alvarez an excellent wrestler, decided to box Conor, and i was like what the fck are you doing you bald fck, and BAM, Conor knocks him out to next tuesday.
BlakFrankWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 02:49 PM   #14
Prometheus
for your health

This press conference would have been a lot cooler with fans around. The main reason Conor's trash talk felt cringey was because fans weren't there. He feeds off of crowds...

This fight is so appealing as a fan, it's crazy. There are so many possible outcomes...

Obviously, the two most likely outcomes are:

1. Khabib wins an ugly five round GnP decision
2. Conor wins by first or second round KO

But people are sleeping on all of the other possibilities here. First of all, Khabib rarely goes for a submission, but he has never fought anyone as dangerous as Conor. That dude's left hand is a f*cking nuke, and Khabib knows it. He doesn't even f*ck around in interviews, he's like "If you think I'm gonna stand in there like I did against Iaquinta with the Muhammad Ali jab? Nooo way brotha!" He has stated that this is personal, and he wants to teach Conor a lessons, and that if he sees the opportunity for a submission, he will choose to just continue beating on him instead. That is all talk. When the cage closes, fighters do what they need to do to win. If he gets a chance at a choke, which is very possible, expect him to take it. I would not be surprised at all if Khabib wins by submission in the second or third round.

Also, the idea that Conor can only score a KO in an early round is total nonsense. Yes, punching power decreases as a fight goes on due to fatigue. So does head movement, footwork, and the ability to keep your hands up for defense. Conor has a great chance at an early KO because he will be fresh and crisp. But he also has a great chance at a later round KO because Khabib's defense will be compromised. This isn't some go-for-broke situation where Conor is doomed if he doesn't finish it early. Any time spent standing in this fight is dangerous time for Khabib.

In the end, I still think rd1 KO is the most likely outcome. Conor is just too skilled, too powerful, and needs only a small opportunity to put Khabib to sleep.
Prometheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:52 AM   #15
brownmamba00
Cali Love

'Tomorrow nite im gonna smash your boy inshallah''

Lego habib
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: