Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
Levity
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Wall asked, and the Wizards listened...

Rumored reports are saying the Wizards will offer John Wall a max contract

http://www.csnwashington.com/basketb...-contract-wall

"Wall, who makes $5.9 million this season, is a restricted free agent this summer. Grunfeld can sit down with Wall’s agent, Dan Fegan, to discuss terms after July 1 when the negotiation period opens. Players with one-to-six years experience are eligible for a max deal that can pay them 25% of his team’s salary cap. For Wall, that would make his max salary $13.5 million this season and he would be eligible for 4.5% raises based on the first-year number each year of the deal.

Wall is eligible for as much as a four-year deal, unless the Wizards make him a designated player –- per collective bargaining agreement rules, each team can have one –- which would grant him a five-year deal."

I guess a promising rookie season, and a week of great games is enough incentive for washington to give wall his pay day. Wizard fans, is 13.5 million a fair price for wall? Is he the franchise PG you want leading your team to an eventual play off run?
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
Bandito
NBA Legend

Default Re: Wall asked, and the Wizards listened...

Sure why not. He's a strong pg who with experience could be a great passer and scorer.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
ZaaaaaH
Banned

Good for Wall, hope his leadership improves and attitude changes.
ZaaaaaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
K.Koscik
KobendLebronRBothGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaaaaaH
Good for Wall, hope his leadership improves and attitude changes.

Actually read an article about wall requesting to be fined by the team whenever his on or off court antics arent professional. what attitude and leadership issues do you see in him?
K.Koscik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
KyrieTheFuture
NBA sixth man of the year

A) He deserves it
B) If you believe he didn't deserve it, do you really think the Wiz can afford to have him leave?
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #6
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

although I think he shouldnt be payed more than holiday or lawson. just me
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #7
Clifton
talk less, say more

I think Wall is the type of player who will respond to being handed the keys. Make him a max player and he will become a max player.

That's just a feeling, though, and it's a big chance to take.

It should be provisional on him working with a shooting coach for five hours a week.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #8
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
A) He deserves it
B) If you believe he didn't deserve it, do you really think the Wiz can afford to have him leave?
I agree with B. (fully), A. is yet to be determined....it's plausible, but I'm not totally sold yet.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #9
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
I think Wall is the type of player who will respond to being handed the keys. Make him a max player and he will become a max player.

That's just a feeling, though, and it's a big chance to take.

It should be provisional on him working with a shooting coach for five hours a week.
I'm sure he puts up a large amount of shots per week and he already has a shooting coach.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #10
Clifton
talk less, say more

Quote:
I'm sure he puts up a large amount of shots per week and he already has a shooting coach.
Maybe...

When you're that good, you can wing it. I can go 6 months without touching a basketball, and within 30 minutes of shooting around I'm hitting 3s at a 2/3 rate. And I'm much less coordinated than these NBA players. I think it's easy for these guys to consider themselves "good enough" and not put in the real work required to turn corners. They don't realize that even merely above average shooters are hitting 80% in practice and like 97+% from the line.

It wouldn't surprise me if Wall doesn't practice shooting one minute more than is required/expected of him. If someone makes him work with a shooting coach he does it, but halfheartedly, the way you apply yourself to SAT prep classes when the stuff doesn't come easy to you. You do it so you parents won't yell at you that's it.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #11
imnew09
Expert Analyst

Wizard got Nene, Wall, Ariza, I don't know why they're doing so poorly. Maybe, they really need to get a better coach.
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #12
ZaaaaaH
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Koscik
Actually read an article about wall requesting to be fined by the team whenever his on or off court antics arent professional. what attitude and leadership issues do you see in him?

No doubt the Team is "fine" with him because he is laid back dude but he still has attitude issue by having high ego and thinking he is the shiiit.

Like last nights game Trevor and Wall had a bad communication on a inbound pass near end of the game and TO the ball. IMO it was both of their fault but John started whining and throwing gestures like it was Completely Arizas fault. Imo as the leader you just say my fault and move on to the next play but John who has high ego has to make sure everyone knows it was not his fault by whinging and complaining at the bench. These are small sample size things that shows me his character and who he is, which are not good traits to be a leader.

I missed about 3 games or maybe 4 of Wizards game this year and this is on going issue. I just hope age matures the kid little more in the future.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #13
ZaaaaaH
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
Maybe...

When you're that good, you can wing it. I can go 6 months without touching a basketball, and within 30 minutes of shooting around I'm hitting 3s at a 2/3 rate. And I'm much less coordinated than these NBA players. I think it's easy for these guys to consider themselves "good enough" and not put in the real work required to turn corners. They don't realize that even merely above average shooters are hitting 80% in practice and like 97+% from the line.

It wouldn't surprise me if Wall doesn't practice shooting one minute more than is required/expected of him. If someone makes him work with a shooting coach he does it, but halfheartedly, the way you apply yourself to SAT prep classes when the stuff doesn't come easy to you. You do it so you parents won't yell at you that's it.

I know.

Wall does work hard but not enough to be a Franchise player. He lacks Hunger to become the Best.

His jump shot was terrible when he came back due to his injury and being out of Shape. Now his back in shape legs feeling stronger which is why you see him making jump shots and even 3pters now.

Wall has A LOT of Talent but his Hunger and maturity is the True Question.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #14
ZaaaaaH
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnew09
Wizard got Nene, Wall, Ariza, I don't know why they're doing so poorly. Maybe, they really need to get a better coach.

They really need a new GM first or new Owner like Cuban who has Passion for the game and winning.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #15
MVBallin2K
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnew09

Injuries hurt them at the beginning of the year. Ever since Wall came back the team has slowly started to get better. It was just too late to turn around that record.

I'm all for Wall getting the max, I just hope like others said that he continues to work hard. I'd hate for him to get lazy or complacent, so here's to him having a winner's attitude and wanting to get better.
MVBallin2K is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: