Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Ich Liebe die Bulls! CelticForce1349's Avatar

Default Re: Welcome Blazer Fans (And Bandwagoners Too)

I am a Bulls fan to the core of my heart, but I am so crazy about Basketball it's hard not to like some other teams too. Don't we all have a little bit of that in us?

I would not hold it against anyone if they called me a bandwagon Blazer fan. The only point I hope to get across is that I am not jumping on the Bandwagon for the super-obvious reason...Portland will soon be winning Championships while "my" Bulls continue to...not win.

I live in Austin Texas and I have spent some time (not nearly enough) in Portland and I think it is fantastic. Lot's of great people and the place just has a good vibe to it.

Reason number two is kind of silly, but it is a reason none-the-less. I have always liked the primary colors of the uniforms of Chicago, Portland, and Miami. I just like strong colors, in particular black and red, especially in combination.

The third reason is the most important but I wanted to include my other thoughts as well. I really like the character of the players on the Blazers team. I can't stand the selfish thugs that really ruined basketball in the post-Jordan era. Guys like Brandon Roy (to name just one) are great players and even greater people. I always appreciate that.

I am big fan of the international impact on Basketball and the Blazers have one of my top five to 10 guys with Kopponen. I absolutely luv that kids game. I would get crucified for saying it on the Bulls forum but I desperately wish he was a Bull. Only in my dreams and 2k Basketball video games though.

I really wish the Bulls had not traded Aldrige for Thomas. It is painfully obvious that was a huge mistake. Unlike most Bulls fans I am not kidding myself about the reality of the situation.

Last but not least, I hate the Lakers. Just can't stand them at all. Kobe Bryant makes me sick. I look forward to watching the Blazers crush the Lakers over the next few years. I root for every team in the NBA against the Lakers but I will consider it to be most righteous when the Blazers have their time come at the Lakers expense.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Cool, welcome aboard and some pretty good reasons.

Why the "CelticForce" if you are a Bulls fan though?

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    After a while you can drop the bandwagon tag. If you've been a fan since the Drexler days and even through the jailblazer days, then you can drop the bandwagon title.
    Hi to all,

I'm a Drexler-Porter-Kersey fans.. and I'm from Jakarta.. Indonesian natives..
    still looking alot of NBA game clip featuring them.
    And still following Coach Adelman too..

And i wonder what are Jerome Kersey doing these days, as i know Drexler is Houston Commentator and Porter is current Suns coach.

--rr--

Last I heard Kersey was like a public relations guy with the Blazers. But with a quick search this is the latest I have found: http://media.barometer.orst.edu/medi...-3168748.shtml
    Last edited by Myth; 07-15-2008 at 01:11 AM.

Hello Portland fans! Welcome to the Rose City!

Some of you might already know me. I'm on ISH from time to time. For those who don't, I've lived here in Portland my whole life and been a fan since the 'RIP City' Drexler days. Welcome aboard!

NEVER forget da SONICS RainierBeachPoet's Avatar

i do not like to conisder myself a "bandwagon" fan

but since my sonics have left town, i had been considering adopting the blazers for a couple of reasons:

the seattle connections with roy, webster, nate and paul allen
    the proximity to seattle

i kinda consider myself more an nba orphan than a bandwagonner

does anyone know if fox sports NW will show blazer games in seattle regularly?

That makes sense. I wouldn't consider you a bandwagon fan either. "Bandwagon" to me simply just means "unloyal" and "follows the team only when they are winning or are expected to start winning." Your team abandoned you rather than vice versa.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

i dont really abandon any team at all ... i am from the philippines and i frustrated baller not because i cant ball but am only 5 foor 6 inches tall and kinda late groomer when i was in college am barely 5 foot but i played alot of city hosted games and won some championships actually ofcourse being the point guard.

like what ive said i just love basketball it is like a part of me .. i started balling at age 4 and i beat my childhood friend that time since then i fall inlove with basketball . and my wife gets mad because i really watch basketball if there is anyone balling that's shown in tv. its really good that i can watch basketball specially nba on a daily basis live with a replay in the evening sometimes if i stay up too late i get to see consecutive games that's how i love basketball. am a very huge kg fan but very reasonable.

My teams in the west are Portland/twolves,Gstate, Memphis, and goes on and on .
    My loyalty though is with KG . thats how passionate i play but i dont mind hitting the last shot. that the thing abit inconsistent in kg. So my east teams are BOSTON, orlando, detriot, philly and so on . I dont dislike any team i dislike players though... so i am just a huge fan how good it is if i were to watch live on any court in the nba... id probably cry after out of happiness..when kg got the ring i almost did. i know how it feels to win something that you've work for. thanks Blazers really hope am welcome here.

After a while you can drop the bandwagon tag. If you've been a fan since the Drexler days and even through the jailblazer days, then you can drop the bandwagon title.

thanks sorry for the late reply .. and honestly aside from being you guys being active here you really seem to be all nice no BS. i really hope that even though its a long shot i want portland to go up against the celtics before kg retires however i do hope that when that happens i can go watch it live but i really have to work way way way way way hard its like i have to have 3 jobs to come up with the money to go there because i have 2 daughters and my wife. i want them to be with me and i know finals game is pretty expensive so its more of a longshot for me

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    and honestly aside from being you guys being active here you really seem to be all nice no BS.
    Yeah, it really is a great atmosphere here. A little chat every day. And people don't get attacked for having different opinions. You can say, "I disagree and here is why..." without some childish response. I can't recall anybody using name calling as a tactic here.

Yeah, it really is a great atmosphere here. A little chat every day. And people don't get attacked for having different opinions. You can say, "I disagree and here is why..." without some childish response. I can't recall anybody using name calling as a tactic here.

yup that's why i think rbp should really adopt our team dont worry i only name drop someone who is worth it ... i am really a friendly guy. and admit that i commit mistakes right away ..

and admit that i commit mistakes right away ..
    How do you mean?

How do you mean?

i mean if i offend someone or makes a wrong judgment i say sorry and admit that i am the one who is wrong.

veilside23 signing off for the day.

i mean if i offend someone or makes a wrong judgment i say sorry and admit that i am the one who is wrong.
    Cool, glad to hear it.