Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Who wins the west?

It would actually pretty badass if, in despite of all these other stories, KD goes apeshit and runs away with the MVP. Silencing mofos with 32ppg

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    It would actually pretty badass if, in despite of all these other stories, KD goes apeshit and runs away with the MVP. Silencing mofos with 32ppg
    when is the last time kd play full 82 games ???????????

rank sentamentalist

i cannot bet against the spurs

had their new additions been championship pedigrees, they might not have the fire to go for another one. but aldridge and especially west are driven competitors and its hard to think the spurs already with rings won't feed off their energy.

tbh they probably won't even hiccup much at another substantial decline from parker and ginobili. green and mills can each be 35+ mpg producers if pop were so inclined as to enhance their roles. by all measures, duncan won't regress much, certainly not with aldridge handling the offensive load down low.

it's really them or a healthy cavs team. honestly i don't see any other team in the league capable of handling the cavs at full strength.

oklahoma city is a glut of poorly selected talent.
    houston happens to match up perfectly with the spurs... not so much with the cavs.
    the clippers cannot hope to defend james.
    golden state proved they would have a hard time tho with steph and klay anything can happen.

it'll be matchups that determine victory as has been the case in the west for so long. anybody with predictions on favourable/unfavourable matchups?

golden state beats the rockets and the clippers
    oklahoma city beats the warriors and the clippers
    san antonio beats the warriors and thunder
    houston beats the spurs and the thunder
    los angeles beats the spurs and the warriors

clipps upsetting the warriors & rockets upsetting the spurs might seem farfetched but i dunno. dwight howard seems to always get the upper hand against the spurs. chris paul is the best man in the league to make curry work his ass off at both ends. and griffin has that ideal versatility to make it tough for green to do everything green likes to do.

bla bla bla
    Last edited by RidonKs; 09-28-2015 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    I mean, if he's truly healthy whats stopping him?

Even on a bum ankle he scored like 30 on the Warriors at half last year and made it look effortless.

No more Brooks means he might actually be playing within a system that makes the defense actually have to give a shit about anyone other than Westbrook or Durant meaning he won't be double teamed nearly as often as he has been, like by whoever was guarding Sefolosha/Perkins but could freelance and not give a single **** (LeBron in the Finals on Perkins) since those two were total trash on offense

Don't know why Durant is getting so underrated other than concerns about his health. Last year he was fully healthy we saw how the MVP race played out between him and LeBron.... Anyways, I played the new 2k and he was even rated below Harden lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Paul George 24
    when is the last time kd play full 82 games ???????????
    I feel like he's not been injured THAT often. Still though, it would be part of the reason why the story would be so special. KD out of nowhere overshadowing all these dramaqueen offseason moves

edit: lol @ KD rated lower than Harden. Gj 2k

Very tough to predict. If I had to choose, I'd go with the Warriors. Purely because of the stability. But I could see them being as low as the #4 seed.

Only teams that will matter will be the first 2 seeds. No team is winning the west with 2 series on the road. Shit has literally never happened besides the '95 Rockets. My guess right now is either the Warriors or possibly the Spurs.

I think it's the Clippers time. They have been the team hanging around for the last 4 years. Blake and DJ are entering their primes and they really added to a team that had already won 55-57 games the last 3 years. They now have the depth and the wing players to compete with the elite. Last year, they were a team that went 6 deep and the bench was a joke.

A huge X factor is Wes Johnson. Doc has already said he might start because he has about as much raw talent as any 3 in the league. If Doc can get him motivated, the Clips could be scary.

Of course having said all that, wouldn't surprise me one bit if another team made it out the West. I just think it's their time.

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    Only teams that will matter will be the first 2 seeds. No team is winning the west with 2 series on the road. Shit has literally never happened besides the '95 Rockets. My guess right now is either the Warriors or possibly the Spurs.
    Aren't you a Clip fan? No faith in your team?

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Aren't you a Clip fan? No faith in your team?
    Not a Clippers "fan" but watch them alot and root for them if that makes sense.

The Warriors and Spurs are just safer picks right now, they're more balanced, actually have reliable role players and have championship experience.

The Clippers' new additions are still question marks for me. Pierce is old af, Stephenson is a knucklehead coming off a horrible season, Smith is also a knucklehead and they still held onto Crawford who is a horrible player.

I'm just the type of person that needs to see how shit plays out first. Until I see that the Clippers have truly improved their defense and bench play I will rank other, more balanced, 2 way teams higher. Same thing with OKC.

I do hope this is their year though, I'd love to see them get to the finals.

Not a Clippers "fan" but watch them alot and root for them if that makes sense.

The Warriors and Spurs are just safer picks right now, they're more balanced, actually have reliable role players and have championship experience.

The Clippers' new additions are still question marks for me. Pierce is old af, Stephenson is a knucklehead coming off a horrible season, Smith is also a knucklehead and they still held onto Crawford who is a horrible player.

I'm just the type of person that needs to see how shit plays out first. Until I see that the Clippers have truly improved their defense and bench play I will rank other, more balanced, 2 way teams higher. Same thing with OKC.

I do hope this is their year though, I'd love to see them get to the finals.
    Yeah, Clips added a lot of guys with mental questions. If those guys don't show up, they aren't winning anything. Doc has to make these guys buy in and play up to their potential to have a chance. That's a big if. But if he does, I like their chances because on paper, they are right there with anyone.

I cant see the spurs or warriors not being in the finals. Cant choose between the two

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Yeah, Clips added a lot of guys with mental questions. If those guys don't show up, they aren't winning anything. Doc has to make these guys buy in and play up to their potential to have a chance. That's a big if. But if he does, I like their chances because on paper, they are right there with anyone.
    People don't understand that the Clippers starting lineup last season was incredible. Their offense was GOAT level and they completely destroyed opposing teams. The problem was that they dropped off so much when their 2nd unit came in to the point where they went from having double digit leads to trailing. They lost like 7-8 games strictly because of that and they almost lost to the Spurs because of it too.

This season if they don't get any key injuries, improve their bench, and became a solid/good defensive team then they'll have a historic regular season and could very well win it all.

rank sentamentalist

People don't understand that the Clippers starting lineup last season was incredible. Their offense was GOAT level and they completely destroyed opposing teams. The problem was that they dropped off so much when their 2nd unit came in to the point where they went from having double digit leads to trailing. They lost like 7-8 games strictly because of that and they almost lost to the Spurs because of it too.

This season if they don't get any key injuries, improve their bench, and becaome a good defensive team then they'll have a historic regular season and could very well win it all.
    +1

i can't wait to see chris paul play with lance stephenson and paul pierce. that array can't miss even if they play like sh!t.

throw in josh smith and blake griffin at center? switch in crawford or redick or johnson?

AUSTIN RIVERS????

this will be fun

Rockets.