Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Right now, who are the top 5 players in the league?

durant
    lebron
    cp3
    parker
    george

hm: curry

Dirk
    Ellis
    Carter
    Marion
    Westbrook

-Brook

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak

But whatever kid, keep believing what you believe!
    Your argument against stats is some dude on a div 3 school, a guy who deserved his RotY, high PER on very low minutes and legit Allstar scorer?

And you thought you made a point?

hahahhahahah

You are actually more retarded than I thought you previously were. Congratulations.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Your argument against stats is some dude on a div 3 school, a guy who deserved his RotY, high PER on very low minutes and legit Allstar scorer?

And you thought you made a point?

hahahhahahah

You are actually more retarded than I thought you previously were. Congratulations.
    when was KMart an All-Star, besides never? And what does an award have to do w/ anything? Or the level of competition? You're actually making my point for me... thanks, dude!

Banned

when was KMart an All-Star, besides never? And what does an award have to do w/ anything? Or the level of competition? You're actually making my point for me... thanks, dude!
    No argument whatsoever. Go cry about me in another thread when you get run out of this one. Go judge players "intangibles" and "killer instinct".

seriously, a talk about stats again? Eye test > stats.
    Eye test, the ultimate cop outs for morons who don't wanna provide facts. HEY GUYS I USE THE EYE TEST LOOK AT ME I WANT TO PRETEND LIKE IM A BASKETBALL INTELLECTUAL WHILE PROVIDING NO FACTS

Love Live Life

LBJ
    PG
    Durant
    CP3
    Love/Davis

HM: Melo

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    Eye test, the ultimate cop outs for morons who don't wanna provide facts. HEY GUYS I USE THE EYE TEST LOOK AT ME I WANT TO PRETEND LIKE IM A BASKETBALL INTELLECTUAL WHILE PROVIDING NO FACTS
    It's a retard's way out of an actual argument because you cannot argue against something as hilariously subjectively as "eye test".

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Durant - LBJ
    George
    Love
    CP3

am thinking is anthony davis better than roy hibbert? hmmm ...

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    No argument whatsoever. Go cry about me in another thread when you get run out of this one. Go judge players "intangibles" and "killer instinct".
    lol, I never said anything about intangibles and killer instinct. Reading comprehension, please look into it.

But, do you know what the eye test even is? It means you don't just look at the stat of 8/14 shooting. You actually look at the shots, the shot selection, the shot situations, etc. You don't just look at 9APG. You look at the team, the players receiving those assists, how'd the assists happen, the other passes made that aren't assists, etc.

Seriously, can you understand that? I mean, do you understand a scout's, even a coach's, job? Why they actually go and watch film and players play in person? I hope you can.

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    and referring to just stats is "intellectual"? Isn't referring just to stats for the kids who don't actually watch games?

Anyway, I won't change your guys' mind. So I won't say anything else. It's a futile effort. If you seriously can't understand the importance of actually watching a player play, rather than just look at his stats, then...
    Last edited by Dr. Cheesesteak; 11-21-2013 at 09:33 PM.

lol, I never said anything about intangibles and killer instinct. Reading comprehension, please look into it.

But, do you know what the eye test even is? It means you don't just look at the stat of 8/14 shooting. You actually look at the shots, the shot selection, the shot situations, etc. You don't just look at 9APG. You look at the team, the players receiving those assists, how'd the assists happen, the other passes made that aren't assists, etc.

Seriously, can you understand that? I mean, do you understand a scout's, even a coach's, job? Why they actually go and watch film and players play in person? I hope you can.

and referring to just stats is "intellectual"? Isn't referring just to stats for the kids who don't actually watch games?

Anyway, I won't change your guys' mind. So I won't say anything else. It's a futile effort. If you seriously can't understand the importance of actually watching a player play, rather than just look at his stats, then...
    Jeff Teague>Chris Paul I used the eye test don't question me.

Banned

Most people who use the "eye test" BS are usually talking about the aesthetics of a player's game, regardless of what everything else is pointing towards. For instance, Kobe has a more aesthetically pleasing game and is therefore a better player than LeBron.