Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Default Re: Knicks trying to acquire OJ Mayo to send to Denver in Melo Trade..

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Could we make a trade that gets us JR Smith too? I really feel like he'd fit in well here, D'Antoni would be all father figurish and he'd be allowed to shoot all he wanted, i think he'd be in heaven.

BTW, someone told me the Knicks hire bodyguards to follow around their young players and make sure they don't get in trouble. That strikes me as very smart.
    we already have fields and billy walker at SG, we dont need JR here. but if that's what it takes to get melo, then yeah

Please, like Kim will still be there. Who is Candace Parker? I love Sharapova btw. It makes me want to punch Vujacic even harder.
    Kris wasn't part of last week's rumored deal.. or are you saying she's gonna dump him?

And Candace Parker is a rather attractive WNBA players (yes there are some) married to Sheldon Williams (yes, that guy)

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    Kris wasn't part of last week's rumored deal.. or are you saying she's gonna dump him?

And Candace Parker is a rather attractive WNBA players (yes there are some) married to Sheldon Williams (yes, that guy)
    I'd assume Kim will dump him and move on, yes. It seems logical. She must be between shows because Hump is not exactly a draw.

I'd assume Kim will dump him and move on, yes. It seems logical. She must be between shows because Hump is not exactly a draw.
    You must not know da Hump!

Broussard says Denver does not want Mayo, there by disproving the "story" he started.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

How about Knicks Trying to aquire both Marc Gasol and Carmelo in the trade? Would this scenario work?
    (tried it out on trade machine, salaries work out fine. Knicks +2 wins, grizzlies -2 wins, nuggets even)

Knicks Receive:
    Carmello Anthony
    Al Harrington
    Marc Gasol

Grizzlies Receive:
    Tony Douglas
    Danillo Gallinari
    Timofey Mozgov
    2nd round Pick from Knicks (2011)
    1st round Pick from Knicks (2014)

Nuggets Receive:
    OJ Mayo
    Wilson Chandler
    Eddy Curry
    1st round Pick from Knicks (2011 - from Twolves for Randolph)

Here's why I like it.

Knicks- get Melo and a Defensive Center. With a new CBA theres no guarantee they can accomplish both of these things. Then they can extend Felton under current CBA so they have him past 2011.

Memphis - Gets rid of OJ Mayo's headache. Marc Gasol is RFA and will probably leave Memphis anyway, unless Memphis matches a ridiculous offer. They receive Backup point / sg in tony douglas. A young athletic center to develop (look what they did with marc gasol when he came from LA), and a sharp shooting wing player who has the size to be a dominant player. Plus two draft picks.

Denver - Save a ton of money by getting rid of Harrington. Have a young player in OJ may who may be a star. Have the ability to resign chandler. Get a lottery pick this season from the minnesota-knicks deal.

Thoughts?

High School Varsity 6th Man Naruto-sama's Avatar

BTW, someone told me the Knicks hire bodyguards to follow around their young players and make sure they don't get in trouble. That strikes me as very smart.

i think quite a few pro teams do that for their problem players. i remember the Cowboys did it for that problematic cornerback, i can't remember his name, but he ended up getting into a fight with the bodyguard they hired when he was wasted

High School Varsity 6th Man Naruto-sama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by da dream
    How about Knicks Trying to aquire both Marc Gasol and Carmelo in the trade? Would this scenario work?
    (tried it out on trade machine, salaries work out fine. Knicks +2 wins, grizzlies -2 wins, nuggets even)

Knicks Receive:
    Carmello Anthony
    Al Harrington
    Marc Gasol

Grizzlies Receive:
    Tony Douglas
    Danillo Gallinari
    Timofey Mozgov
    2nd round Pick from Knicks (2011)
    1st round Pick from Knicks (2014)

Nuggets Receive:
    OJ Mayo
    Wilson Chandler
    Eddy Curry
    1st round Pick from Knicks (2011 - from Twolves for Randolph)

Here's why I like it.

Knicks- get Melo and a Defensive Center. With a new CBA theres no guarantee they can accomplish both of these things. Then they can extend Felton under current CBA so they have him past 2011.

Memphis - Gets rid of OJ Mayo's headache. Marc Gasol is RFA and will probably leave Memphis anyway, unless Memphis matches a ridiculous offer. They receive Backup point / sg in tony douglas. A young athletic center to develop (look what they did with marc gasol when he came from LA), and a sharp shooting wing player who has the size to be a dominant player. Plus two draft picks.

Denver - Save a ton of money by getting rid of Harrington. Have a young player in OJ may who may be a star. Have the ability to resign chandler. Get a lottery pick this season from the minnesota-knicks deal.

Thoughts?

i didn't know Gasol was a FA but i can see them matching whatever offers to keep him. I just can't see why Memphis would fold out right now though more than try and trade OJ more than anyone for a piece to make them competitive with the rest of their cast.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I know he's a really good player and all, top 10ish, but this whole thing may be making Melo the most overrated player in the league.

http://twitter.com/#!/Chris_Broussard/status/25954959665143809

DEN has no interest in OJ Mayo, source says, so NYK has to go back to the drawing board.
    Go to hell Broussard with your throwing shit against the wall until something sticks. I'd listen to Peter Vescey before Broussard at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    http://twitter.com/#!/Chris_Broussard/status/25954959665143809

Go to hell Broussard with your throwing shit against the wall until something sticks. I'd listen to Peter Vescey before Broussard at this point.
    i think this situation has reached ISH NEEDS TO START A RUMOR SO ESPN REPORTS IT stage.

i think this situation has reached ISH NEEDS TO START A RUMOR SO ESPN REPORTS IT stage.
    I'll retweet and send it to Broussard. Someone set up an official looking Twitter.

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

welcome to 3 days ago

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

The Knicks will have to give up Chandler and most likely Fields and a #1 pick. This deal would make more sense than the crazy deal the Nets are concocting. Chandler would fill in Melo's spot as a starter. Fields is an exceptional rookie who looks like he'll get better and better every new season. And a #1 pick to entice the deal. The Nuggets may claim whatever they would like to the public. But they are in definite talks with the Knicks and they know that the NYK can make a good package for Melo.