Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Default Re: Knicks trying to acquire OJ Mayo to send to Denver in Melo Trade..

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Melo also could be trying to save face. Melo's getting alot of "he's only going to the Nets for the money" talk in the media.

Even if that's true, Melo doesn't want that to be the perception. So all of sudden we're hearing "Melo needs to be sold on New Jersey." I think that's being pushed by his PR people. And that's what will happen. The Russian and King will present to him, he'll ponder, and then finally say yes. Making it look like he's happy with Nets direction, as if its NOT about the money (even though we know it is).

That's just a guess, but that's what I think will happen.

That is what im thinking as well. At this point, im pretty sure Melo is going to be a Net.

And you know what? Thats fine. NY is shaping up to be a decent team without dude.

Melo also could be trying to save face. Melo's getting alot of "he's only going to the Nets for the money" talk in the media.

Even if that's true, Melo doesn't want that to be the perception. So all of sudden we're hearing "Melo needs to be sold on New Jersey." I think that's being pushed by his PR people. And that's what will happen. The Russian and King will present to him, he'll ponder, and then finally say yes. Making it look like he's happy with Nets direction, as if its NOT about the money (even though we know it is).

That's just a guess, but that's what I think will happen.
    Honestly that's what you WANT to happen. Your posts on this are all what you want to happen. No hate, but it's something we'll need to discuss in your next counseling session. Make sure you bring the check this time.

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    yea. melo is a superstar. he's 26 years old with half of his career left or more. it just seems silly to me that he'd be willing to go to a nets team just for a little extra money in the short term. it really doesn't make sense.

the nuggests have no leverage at all. if melo says "knicks or nothing"....then its on the nuggets. they either get something back....or let melo walk for nothing.

and like i said. it just seems silly to make this decision over the money difference when we all know that melo would reach a new level of star and earning power playing on the knicks.
    as woudl his wife. The wife of NETS superstar doesn't exactly scream star. Knicks? In the middle of manhattan? a bit more...no?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Honestly that's what you WANT to happen. Your posts on this are all what you want to happen. No hate, but it's something we'll need to discuss in your next counseling session. Make sure you bring the check this time.
    haha...not really, I'm just being honest. If i had to put money down, my money is on the Nets. You think there's a greater chance of Knicks over Nets right now? C'mon....

I'd say it's about 75% NJ, 25% NY at this point.

But no doubt, Knicks are better off using cap space on legit center, IMO. Tyson Chandler? Marc Gasol? Dalembert? Nene? Pryzbilla? Oden? Someone of that nature......
    Last edited by bagelred; 01-14-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

I remember when Melo said a few days ago, "the Knicks don't want me, why mess that that up", it looked like he was playing a game.

But who knows? I just can't see Melo agreeing to an extension with the Nets.

Having a chance to win could not be a priority for him.

or it could mean that Melo sends that message out there to wake donnie up , same with his comment that the knicks dont want him.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

haha...not really, I'm just being honest. If i had to put money down, my money is on the Nets. You think there's a greater chance of Knicks over Nets right now? C'mon....

But no doubt, Knicks are better off using cap space on legit center, IMO. Tyson Chandler? Marc Gasol? Dalembert? Nene? Pryzbilla? Oden? Someone of that nature......
    no way in hell any of those guys are half as valuable as melo for the knicks team. no way. melo will be only 27 next year and is a legit top 10 player in the league and one of the best crunch time players. if your goal is to win titles in NY....you want melo. its that simple. and the knicks could sign melo and oden. the knicks will spend out of their minds if they think they have a chance to win titles.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I'm not sure it's even possible to place an accurate percentage on where Melo's gonna end up. There's far too many contrasting stories bombing around from 'sources' all over. Me personally? I don't see Melo becoming a Net. The Nets always find a way to make themselves a laughing stock, and this'll no doubt be another notch in the long list of Nets **** ups. Call me a pessimist, but it's hard not to be when you follow the Nets.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Oden should be super cheap. Marc and Dalembert will cost more, but worth it.

High School Varsity 6th Man Naruto-sama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    or it could mean that Melo sends that message out there to wake donnie up , same with his comment that the knicks dont want him.
    yeah if you take the whole Amare calling him after that, then the Knicks all of a sudden making these pushes for him, it sure seems that way. wheree as before they seemed complacent thinking they could get him in the offseason.

he probably told Amare he's seriously considering the Nets deal for the extension where the Knicks realized they might really lose him. something like that i bet, but i stilll think he ends up in NY. Melo will never live down signing with NJ and going nowhere for the next 3 years playing for Avery...Rip and Chauncey aren't making them a contender. where as the Knicks are a really good fit for him imo...

High School Varsity 6th Man Naruto-sama's Avatar

you still aren't going to beat the C's, Heat, or Orlandos in a series with any of them Centeers in a series. i don't geet how you all think they're going to make the difference against the talent lvl of the other teams in the east

where as Melo plays a lot bigger than his size defensively and on the boards and has range out to the 3...
    Last edited by Naruto-sama; 01-14-2011 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    as woudl his wife. The wife of NETS superstar doesn't exactly scream star. Knicks? In the middle of manhattan? a bit more...no?
    Actually the Nets women would be looking pretty good post trade:

Beyonce
    Sharapova
    Kim Kardashian
    Candace Parker
    Lala Vasquez

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    Actually the Nets women would be looking pretty good post trade:

Beyonce
    Sharapova
    Kim Kardashian
    Candace Parker
    Lala Vasquez
    Please, like Kim will still be there. Who is Candace Parker? I love Sharapova btw. It makes me want to punch Vujacic even harder.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    I remember when Melo said a few days ago, "the Knicks don't want me, why mess that that up", it looked like he was playing a game.

But who knows? I just can't see Melo agreeing to an extension with the Nets.

Having a chance to win could not be a priority for him.
    I get the feeling his agent and Masai told him that NY isn't gonna trade for him so that he'd agree to New Jersey, but that's only cuz it's in the interest of Denver and MElo's agent if he goes to Jersey. I hope Melo isn't dumb enough to settle on NJ, if he wants NY, he should get it, even if he loses money.

Something tells me that an NJ trade will be agreed on soon and Melo rejects the offer causing NY to low ball Denver which leads to Melo sticking on after the deadline and then we'll see where it goes from there (then either he gets scared of losing all that money so he signs the extension with Denver or leaves for NY in the offseason).

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    I get the feeling his agent and Masai told him that NY isn't gonna trade for him so that he'd agree to New Jersey, but that's only cuz it's in the interest of Denver and MElo's agent if he goes to Jersey. I hope Melo isn't dumb enough to settle on NJ, if he wants NY, he should get it, even if he loses money.

Something tells me that an NJ trade will be agreed on soon and Melo rejects the offer causing NY to low ball Denver which leads to Melo sticking on after the deadline and then we'll see where it goes from there (then either he gets scared of losing all that money so he signs the extension with Denver or leaves for NY in the offseason).
    Could we make a trade that gets us JR Smith too? I really feel like he'd fit in well here, D'Antoni would be all father figurish and he'd be allowed to shoot all he wanted, i think he'd be in heaven.

BTW, someone told me the Knicks hire bodyguards to follow around their young players and make sure they don't get in trouble. That strikes me as very smart.