Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    I am your soldier!

Default Re: Did you all see whaat Rondo just did?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi
    We have a professional bball player who cares so much about his own stats, that he slows down to wait for his teammate and get an assist.
    This thing is ridiculous per se, no matter what anyone thinks about statpadding.
    Ray missed his 3 previous shots. Rondo just gave him an easy bucket. I wasn't expecting the Bulls staff to hand out an assist for that.

Local High School Star Bernie Nips's Avatar

Default Re: Did you all see what Rondo just did?

LeBron James did the exact same thing in his first game and was praised for it. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Ray missed his 3 previous shots. Rondo just gave him an easy bucket. I wasn't expecting the Bulls staff to hand out an assist for that.
    Do you really think that an easy layup will help Ray's confidence?
    Or that Rondo elaborated all this during the play?
    I honestly think he just saw an assist coming...

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Captain justifier over here...

Thats why many people need to stop defining and ranking passing ability, court vision based on assist average. Assists have more to do with balldomination (playing PG) and how much you pass. In Rondos case, he dominates the ball like hell and plays alot and passes up anything almost all the time, open jumpshots or open layups/dunks just so he can get assists instead.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Nips
    LeBron James did the exact same thing in his first game and was praised for it. Weird.
    A rookie superstar in his first game ever was praised for deferring to his new teammates?

That is pretty damn weird.

That is definitely stat padding your assists. No way to beat around the bush. You pass up a wide open layup to pass it to a guy who is actually behind you for the layup? I can understand if the guy is in front of you, or if there's one defender there, but...... Sometimes I'd also understand if you've got a dunker on the receiving end, you pass it off to make the play more spectacular, to get the crowd energised, but this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Nips
    Thats called unselfishness, but when you do it that much as Rondo, that means you want assists rather than points on your statsheet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jasonresno
    You're telling me Rondo cannot make a layup when he's the only one on that half of the court?

Again, I've got no problem with it, I just think all of this justification for a blatant move is hilarious.
    exactly. isn't the glow-warm known for being automatic for his layups?

smh @ homers sweating so hard to find an excuse for this.

Derka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Four completely useless pages of posts on an abhorrently stupid topic that none of you can ever un-type. Grats.

Local High School Star Bernie Nips's Avatar

So when LeBron does it its unselfishness... Yeah, he didn't want the assist at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sh0wtime
    Thats why many people need to stop defining and ranking passing ability, court vision based on assist average. Assists have more to do with balldomination (playing PG) and how much you pass. In Rondos case, he dominates the ball like hell and plays alot and passes up anything almost all the time, open jumpshots or open layups/dunks just so he can get assists instead.
    The thing that would be interesting to see is if Rondo's efficiency is higher or lower for instance. Like I always thought if Rose was on this Celttics team they would be unreal, but maybe Rondos style is most efficient for this team. But maybe passing up open jumpers/layups is less efficient.

And in playoffs this can be a very dangerous approach as teams like the Lakers sometimes disregard Rondo alltogether.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Four completely useless pages of posts on an abhorrently stupid topic that none of you can ever un-type. Grats.
    He mad.

Derka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonresno
    He mad.
    ...yeah, cos I'm the guy whining on the internet about a kid passing the basketball. You got me.

You unoriginal.

Serious playground baller Monkey D Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    And ur part of it